New Year’s Eve at Disney World In 2020

Login to post comments
3 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
New Year’s Eve at Disney World In 2020

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020/10/29/the-three-most-surprising-things-about-new-years-eve-at-disney-world-this-year/

2020 has been a heck of a year, and inside the Walt Disney World bubble has been no exception to the rule. Or friend over at the DFB came up with what they think the most surprising things will be on New Years Eve and they include some doozies for sure.

To start with 2020 may have the least crowded New Year's Eve in the parks EVER. While the Parks are likely to hit capacity, WDW is only operating at 25% right now. NYE crowds will be light, but so will the celebration.

Currently Disney Parks are not scheduled to be open until midnight. Guests will have to head on our at either 5, 7, or 8 PM depending on the Park they are attending. That means even those that are used to ringing in the New Year at the stroke of midnight will need to head elsewhere at least 4 hours before that time.

Finally, fireworks are not currently scheduled. Now, that could change because there have been some tests happening but at this moment the big bands and big bangs are just not going to be happening.

What are things that you think will make this New Years Eve different than all the rest?

MrHub's picture

I think they are up to 35% and maxing out right now.

Kristen K.'s picture

MrHub wrote:
I think they are up to 35% and maxing out right now.

Yes!! This is correct, and folks in the Parks have been noticing the differences, especially on the weekends. I'm glad that they were able to up the capacity a bit, even while maintaining the 6 ft rules.