October 2018

Login to post comments
48 posts / 0 new
JanJ's picture

JeffC wrote:
PS - if you can and haven't already Slinky Dog at night is ultra-phenomenal.

Completely agree with this - the lights are so cool. And you MUST see Toy Story Land at night.

Spook's picture

JeffC wrote:
Good luck with the funko!!!

I love how you guys wander all around. we have got to get over to Wilderness Lodge!!

I love Wilderness Lodge. I've heard it's just beautiful at Christmas hint hint laugh

Spook's picture

JanJ wrote:
JeffC wrote:

Completely agree with this - the lights are so cool. And you MUST see Toy Story Land at night.

Oh yeah!? Hmmm, not sure it'll happen this trip but I'll make sure to go at night in January awesome

Spook's picture

So turns out Workd of Disney opened at 8 this morning to sell the orange bird funko. I thought it was 10. But, they still had lots! So excited we managed to get one yay

MrHub's picture

Spook wrote:
So turns out Workd of Disney opened at 8 this morning to sell the orange bird funko. I thought it was 10. But, they still had lots! So excited we managed to get one yay

I wanted one of those so bad!

Kristen K.'s picture

banana banana banana
Hoorah for Orange Bird!!

Sounds like you're having a great trip. stars stars

Spook's picture

Yesterday started out a bit stressful. We were moving resorts and I honestly didn't think we'd find room for everything! We did thankfully, and after dropping our bags off at bell services, we headed to Disney Springs. Today was the release of the Orange Bird funko pop. I thought World of Disney opened at 10 but they opened at 8 just for Orange Bird sales. I was worried when I saw All the people with bags full of them! We did manage to get him though awesome

We wandered around a bit more and it rained a bit. Then we headed to All Star Music. Our room wasn't ready so ate lunch in the food court. We tried the edible cookie dough. It was good but a bit gritty. Soon enough our room was ready so we dropped off our stuff and headed to Animal Kingdom. As we were waiting for the bus, a Disney Springs bus came and was cleared out. Apparently there was a medical emergency on board and they had to move everyone to a different bus. The person did walk off with assistance but paramedics showed up. Hopefully she's ok. Since Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom share a bus stop here, we were given extra fastpasses for having to wait. It was nice of them to do but pretty unnecessary. We'd be waiting the same amount of time for our bus anyway.

Once at Animal Kingdom, we rode safari, dinosaur, primeval whirl, and Everest. Dinner was at pizzafari. We did the new family style meal. It was pretty good. Very filling. After dinner, it was almost park close so we headed out. Timed it perfectly! We were first in line and the bus showed up about 5 minutes after we got there. We had ought about going to top of the world lounge for fireworks but we were too tired. Needed to rest up for MK

Today we head to MK for our anniversary! Dinner is at Mickeys backyard BBQ

Kristen K.'s picture

Happy Anniversary!

Spook's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Happy Anniversary!

Thank you mickey

Happy happy anniversary!! Have a truly magical day. mickey muchlove mickey

Spook's picture

JeffC wrote:
Happy happy anniversary!! Have a truly magical day. mickey muchlove mickey

Thank you! We had an awesome day!

Spook's picture

Saturday was our anniversary. We went to MK and rode thunder mountain and Mickeys philharmagic then watched the festival of fantasy parade. It was pretty crowded but it was a weekend. We took the boat to wildneress Lodge and walked over to Fort wildnerness. Dinner was at Mickeys backyard BBQ. I've wanted to go for years and now that it's closing I figured now or never. It was pretty good. Food was decent. And all you can eat Mickey bars? Yes please! There was a band playing while the characters ( Mickey, Minnie, goofy, chip and Dale) danced with the guests. Then there was a trick roper while the characters did pictures. We waited until the end for pictures. It was pretty loud and rowdy but fun. I'm glad we went.

After dinner we took the boat to Contemporary and took the monorail to MK. We hadn't ridden the monorail yet so this was our last chance. We watched the fireworks. This was the first time we've seen the new show and we really liked it. We couldn't see the castle projections very well since we were over by tomorrowland but we still enjoyed it. Tinker bell flew right over us. After the show we rode buzz and were the last ones on the tomorrowland speedway. When we got off, the park was closed so we headed out.

Spook's picture

Today we went to Epcot to get our annual passholder cutting boards. The line was huge! So we decided to come back later. We grabbed some popcorn and headed to the boardwalk for the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. It was very good and the characters were fun. We met Flynn, Rapunzel, Ariel and Eric. We headed back to Epcot to get our boards ( line was much shorter) and then went back to our room for a bit.

We headed to AK and rode the safari and tough to be a bug. The safari was great. We saw lots of animals. We did a bit of last minute shopping and then headed back to start laundry and packing sad We had pizza for dinner. It was free since we opted out of mousekeeping and got a $20 gift card which we used for the pizza awesome

Now it's time to pack. Tragical express picks us up at 7:35am. Countdown is now 70 days until we're back laugh

Boo for tragical express day!!!!

But back to all you can eat Mickey bars!!!!!! awesome clapping

As as it fun to be the last ones out of the park? I've always wanted to do that but I'm old and turn into a pumpkin before then.

On to the countdown to coming back!!

Spook's picture

JeffC wrote:
Boo for tragical express day!!!!

But back to all you can eat Mickey bars!!!!!! awesome clapping

As as it fun to be the last ones out of the park? I've always wanted to do that but I'm old and turn into a pumpkin before then.

On to the countdown to coming back!!

We were only the last ones on the ride. There were tons of people still in the park when we left. I'd love to try and be one of the last to leave to see what it's like so empty. Add that to the bucket list!

Spook's picture

Well, we're back home. Not impressed that there is a couple inches of snow on the ground waiting I'm sure it will melt by tomorrow though.

Our flight was good and even left early. No line at customs and they asked NO questions. And, when we got to the luggage carousel, our bag was already out. That was probably the quickest we've ever been out of the airport. Probably only took us 15 minutes from the time we got off the plane to being outside waiting for the shuttle awesome

Kristen K.'s picture

Glad to hear that you made it home safe and sound. It's always nice to have a good flight on the way back, softens the blow of having to leave.