Opinions needed on AOA Little Mermaid rooms for 2017 Marathon weekend.

Login to post comments
6 posts / 0 new
Mrs. Minnie's picture
Opinions needed on AOA Little Mermaid rooms for 2017 Marathon weekend.

I just booked at Art of Animation for the 2017 Marathon weekend. My husband will be running the half on Saturday and I will be running the full on Sunday. I'm interested to hear others' experiences staying at this resort for previous marathon weekends. Buses morning of, getting around the resort, noise the nights before races, anything else you might think is helpful. I was torn between AOA and CBR.

Thanks!

"Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language" - W.Disney

Kristen K.'s picture

My only problem with the Little Mermaid Wing at AOA is that it seems *so* far away from the bus drop off. I wasn't there for a race of any sort, but that hike back to the room late at night just killed me. It wasn't overly loud, and the rooms were lovely, it was just so far away from the bus/bar/food/lobby.

NikkiMouse's picture

I did not stay during a marathon weekend, but I can echo what Kristen said. Rooms were nice (looked very nice and fresh), theming was fantasic (I loved the gigantic Ursuala outside our room), and it was quiet. However, it was pretty far from the buses and the food court, especially after 12 hour days in the park. Since you are capable of running 26 miles this might not be an issue for you...I am not a runner...at all. LOL

JoAnn C's picture

I stayed at AoA for Princess Half Marathon weekend in 2014. I had booked a Little Mermaid room but through the magic of Disney I was upgraded to a Lion King family suite.

I didn't find the resort overly crowded with runners. We waited longer for a bus to get back to the resort after the half than we did for the bus to the race that morning.

Spook's picture

I've only spent one night there but I'd love to go back! It's an awesome resort. The Little Mermaid rooms are the furthest away but I didn't find it bad. I enjoyed walking through the other themed areas on my way to the lobby mickey

I'm running the marathon too biggrin it's my first full eek

Allie's picture

Spook wrote:
I've only spent one night there but I'd love to go back! It's an awesome resort. The Little Mermaid rooms are the furthest away but I didn't find it bad. I enjoyed walking through the other themed areas on my way to the lobby mickey

I'm running the marathon too biggrin it's my first full eek

Agreed. We haven't stayed there but when we stayed at Pop in April we caught a bus from the park to Art of Animation once when Pop's line was really long. We cut through the whole resort to cross the bridge over to Pop and walked right by the Little Mermaid area. It didn't feel too bad distance wise and it was a beautiful resort to walk through.