phineas and ferb

Login to post comments
16 posts / 0 new
J's picture
J
Offline
Joined: 02/06/2012
Posts: 484
phineas and ferb

Haven't seen much talk on this, but I am still a relative newbie, so I may have missed it. Is it just me or is Phineas and Ferb the best cartoon that grownups can enjoy since Animaniacs? Wanting to get a feel of the new Epcot adventure I started watching a few on Netflix instant earlier this summer and haven't stopped since. I love how each episode has two totally different stories being able to blend together in ways of hilarity. And if anyone ever asks if I am too old to be watching this cartoon show, I know just what I would say. Yes, yes I am.

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

I watch this with my children all the time! Im a huge Agent P fan. So I'm right there with ya. We watched the new episode last night and AGENT P IS GONE!!!! NOOOOOO!!!! Probably not... but thats what were lead to believe! lol

We watch them on Netflix at night if there is nothing on TV... we will knock like 4 episodes a night. Its such a great show.

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Offline
Joined: 07/14/2012
Posts: 6

My husband and I are headed to WDW in October for our anniversary. He always looks forward to Food & Wine Festival in Epcot, but he seems to be even more excited about the new Agent P adventure game throughout Epcot that replaced the Kim Possible game. Our kids enjoy Phineas and Ferb on TV, but I think my husband enjoys it more mickey

didyoucall911's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/07/2012
Posts: 246

Ok, It's nothing new to my wife, but, yes, I'm a big Phineas, and Ferb fan. I think the dialogue, story lines, and especially the songs, are outstanding, even more so when you think of the time it must take to put them together for an 11 minute cartoon. I even have "Fabulous" as my ringtone (I couldn't find "There's a Platypus Controlling me" at the time).

I'm also a big Bowling for Soup fan, and have dragged my entire family to a few of there concerts, so I thought it was neat that the band shows up in various episodes, as well as sings the theme song.

__________________

DisneyDee27's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/02/2012
Posts: 1600

I love Phineas and Ferb! my sister and I spent one afternoon recovering from libations watching P&F in our stateroom on the Dream! I did all the Kim Possible missions and am looking forward to the Agent P's adventures.

J wrote:
Haven't seen much talk on this, but I am still a relative newbie, so I may have missed it. Is it just me or is Phineas and Ferb the best cartoon that grownups can enjoy since Animaniacs? Wanting to get a feel of the new Epcot adventure I started watching a few on Netflix instant earlier this summer and haven't stopped since. I love how each episode has two totally different stories being able to blend together in ways of hilarity. And if anyone ever asks if I am too old to be watching this cartoon show, I know just what I would say. Yes, yes I am.

I loved the animaniacs!

didyoucall911 wrote:
Ok, It's nothing new to my wife, but, yes, I'm a big Phineas, and Ferb fan. I think the dialogue, story lines, and especially the songs, are outstanding, even more so when you think of the time it must take to put them together for an 11 minute cartoon. I even have "Fabulous" as my ringtone (I couldn't find "There's a Platypus Controlling me" at the time).

I'm also a big Bowling for Soup fan, and have dragged my entire family to a few of there concerts, so I thought it was neat that the band shows up in various episodes, as well as sings the theme song.


there's a platypus controlling me is my favorite, then squirrels in my pants or the reunification of love drug. Smile

__________________

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

This is my all time favorite! Even play it on the guitar, and the band im in... were even debating about doing it just to get a reaction from the audience... lol

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

DisneyDee27's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/02/2012
Posts: 1600

Mase wrote:
This is my all time favorite! Even play it on the guitar, and the band im in... were even debating about doing it just to get a reaction from the audience... lol

clapping yay yay

__________________

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22607

We ADORE Phineas and Ferb in our house.

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

I love P and F, but I also have several episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on my iPhone, so take that as you will. laugh

J's picture
J
Offline
Joined: 02/06/2012
Posts: 484

Glad to know I am not the only one who thinks this works for adults just as much as it does for kids.

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

LOL

Right this second... my son and daughter and I are watching it... lol

Weve gone through Netflix... so my son said... guess were starting at episode one then!

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Nancy D's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/29/2012
Posts: 754

Disney is SO GOOD at making movies that adults can appreciate, too. NOT as successful, imo, with shows on The Disney Channel. HOWEVER: Phineas and Ferb is a MAJOR exception! Tight writing, hilarious songs = fantastic show. I could watch it even without the kids around!

And Gitchie Gitchie Goo is just so darn infectious!! Smile

didyoucall911's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/07/2012
Posts: 246

I just had to share,.. in case no one's seen this. " There's a Platypus Controlling Me"

http://youtu.be/a5AobXKTUBg

__________________

DisneyDee27's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/02/2012
Posts: 1600

didyoucall911 wrote:
I just had to share,.. in case no one's seen this. " There's a Platypus Controlling Me"

http://youtu.be/a5AobXKTUBg

My favorite episode! Oh yeah! Oh yeah! laugh

__________________

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

DisneyDee27 wrote:
didyoucall911 wrote:
I just had to share,.. in case no one's seen this. " There's a Platypus Controlling Me"

http://youtu.be/a5AobXKTUBg

My favorite episode! Oh yeah! Oh yeah! laugh

I finally got to see that one the other day. Loved that!

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

J's picture
J
Offline
Joined: 02/06/2012
Posts: 484

Good to know I am not the only who thinks this is adult worthy watching.