Planning a Secret Holiday for My Soon To Be Husband- 2016/2017

Login to post comments
50 posts / 0 new
danijrod's picture

JMed wrote:
danijrod wrote:
JMed wrote:
Hi and Welcome! I've not been in either of the months you are going so I am not going to be much help. But what I can help with is the adult fun! The hubby and I went back in November for my 40th birthday. There was lots of food and beverages included in the trip and we had the "free" dining plan. We stayed at POP Century when we went the plan we had was a QS, TS and a snack each daily. It worked out perfect for us.

We loved everything about it. We did a monorail crawl stopping for a drink at each of the 3 resorts on the line. There are more bars/lounges than you would think at Disney. We usually go with our daughter but when we went alone, we found many things we didn't know about! Everyone should have Jack Daniels as it is a basic here in the states but then there are several others if he feels like trying something new.

DTD is a perfect entertainment venue. House of Blues has a concert venue, Splitsville has bowling and (from what I hear) amazing food (it's on my list to eat there soon), the entertainers at Raglan Road and many more options.

I am sure you will find tons to do that your hubby to be will enjoy and his DisneySide will come out before you know it.

This all sounds amazing I don't personally drink but her does and he would love the idea of getting off the monorail for drinks. I am getting so excited Smile I love bowling so splitsville sounds like a great idea for something to do to relax from the parks.

Thank you for all your great ideas I really appreciate it.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Don't worry about it! There are times I disappear for days lol.

You can check out our adults only trip report here if you have a little time to read!
http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/happy-40th-me-live-bubble

Yeah i will definitely check it out Smile thank you Smile

danijrod's picture

Just an update to let everyone know that it is now not a secret any more I told my husband to be yesterday and we have booked up for September 2016 for 2 weeks in the port orleans riverside and we are both super excited Laughing out loud he is a huge harry potter fan so he can't wait to visit universal and I have shown him a couple of trip reports on here and we can't wait to try the food.

Now only 506 days to go! Laughing out loud if we manage to get the time off work that is.

Thank you all for your help Laughing out loud

amy1989's picture

clapping clapping clapping yay yay yay yay clapping

banana banana

Woooooohooooooooooooo

Allie's picture

banana yeah stars pillowfight stars yeah banana

Kristen K.'s picture

Hoorah! Glad to hear that he's just as excited!

danijrod's picture

Thank you Smile

We have booked POR for 14 days, with the 14 day park ticket for the price of a 7 day, free QS dining plan, free memory maker and $200 gift card. We couldn't miss that kind of deal.

Just having issues at the minute trying to get MDE to work and link up.

Belinda's picture

stars YAY! Excited for you!! stars

** BeLiNdA **

The Watchmaker's picture

danijrod wrote:
Thank you Smile

We have booked POR for 14 days, with the 14 day park ticket for the price of a 7 day, free QS dining plan, free memory maker and $200 gift card. We couldn't miss that kind of deal.

Just having issues at the minute trying to get MDE to work and link up.

Can take up to 3 weeks..We got the same deal as yourselfs..Booked it two weeks ago... clapping

The Watchmaker's picture

You will love PORS...Stayed there in 2008/ 2010/ 2012...The food court is awesome...Try the " Create your own Pasta " Enough for two people..And don't forget to toss a dime off the bridge into the Sassagoula river..Close your eyes and make a wish, but beware what you wish for..lol....There's a story behind this tale...But it has a happy ending...If you want to hear it..Let me know.. awesome

oHIo's picture

The Watchmaker wrote:
You will love PORS...Stayed there in 2008/ 2010/ 2012...The food court is awesome...Try the " Create your own Pasta " Enough for two people..And don't forget to toss a dime off the bridge into the Sassagoula river..Close your eyes and make a wish, but beware what you wish for..lol....There's a story behind this tale...But it has a happy ending...If you want to hear it..Let me know.. awesome

Everbody wants to hear the story behind this tale!! Please, please, please!! yay clapping laugh

danijrod's picture

The Watchmaker wrote:

Yes this is defiantly a story that needs to be shared! Smile and I'm glad you have said it can take up to 3 weeks I was getting worried I had done something wrong! Ha Smile

We will definitely try that! I love pasta and I looked at a photo walk through and it looks like a lovely place to go for walks on a night.

amy1989's picture

she had some excellent advice in making her decision i must add Wink haha!!!

I know myself included cant wait to hear the plans as they develop and help in any way we all can yippee!!!!!

clapping yay clapping yay

oHIo wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:

Everbody wants to hear the story behind this tale!! Please, please, please!! yay clapping laugh

*Sits cross legged, ready to listen*

danijrod's picture

Well I have officially booked our flights for next year Smile and am very excited!

Going to Mexico on 6th July for our honeymoon then when come back my Disney planning will begin Smile

All I need to book now is tickets for Universal/IOA, Busch Gardens and Discovery Cove (Not wanting to do Seaworld as fiance has watched Black Fish) and Car rental and I think that's it Smile

So excited Laughing out loud

JMed's picture

yeah banana

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

amy1989's picture

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping banana banana banana banana banana

let the Disney planning commence (when you are back of course!!!)

danijrod's picture

I was waiting for you to comment amy! ha!

laugh

amy1989's picture

danijrod wrote:
I was waiting for you to comment amy! ha!

laugh

of course!!!!! I mean it's not like we are busy............with work and stuff right??? laugh

Allie's picture

Awesome! Congrats and happy planning! clapping yay