Princess Half Marathon Weekend Support Group - 2018

Login to post comments
188 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture

So - I'm not doing so well. As I mentioned on another thread I re-injured the leg that I broke last year. I'm not entirely sure what I've done, but my training has come to a halt for the last two weeks. I'm trying to get into the doctor, but I've been forced onto VA health insurance and it is taking FOREVER.

I'm hoping that I can get back to training, but I have a feeling that the doctor is going to tell me I should have never began in the first place.

Spook's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
So - I'm not doing so well. As I mentioned on another thread I re-injured the leg that I broke last year. I'm not entirely sure what I've done, but my training has come to a halt for the last two weeks. I'm trying to get into the doctor, but I've been forced onto VA health insurance and it is taking FOREVER.

I'm hoping that I can get back to training, but I have a feeling that the doctor is going to tell me I should have never began in the first place.

Oh no! That's awful sad I really hope you can get back to training too crossfingers

Kristen K.'s picture

Yesterday I was finally able to talk to a orthopedic triage nurse regarding my leg. She thinks that I may have dislodged the hardware that they put in last year after the break (I have a plate and nine screws). I still haven't been able to make a doctors appointment, but she thinks that I need to be seen sooner rather than later. So - Sunday my husband and I are going to take a road trip to the Madison, WI VA Hospital ER and try to get some answers.

Spook's picture

My waitlist came through! Staying at AKL Jambo House yay

Vettelover's picture

clapping awesome Good for you.

Kristen K.'s picture

Spook wrote:

Yay! So am I!

Vettelover's picture

clapping awesome Good for you too! I absolutely muchlove Jambo House.

Spook's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Spook wrote:

Yay! So am I!

Awesome! Now we have to meet up mickey

Spook's picture

Vettelover wrote:
clapping awesome Good for you too! I absolutely muchlove Jambo House.

I stayed there last year for Princess and loved it! We were in a standard view but still had views of a savannah, it was great! The race transportation was fantastic too. I much preferred it over Bay Lake race transportation. Already have a breakfast booked at Boma biggrin

Kristen K.'s picture

Spook wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:
Spook wrote:

Yay! So am I!

Totally! Becks and I have plans to order pizzas and eat an early dinner by the pool on Saturday night. You should swing by.

Spook's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Spook wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:
Spook wrote:

Yay! So am I!

Totally! Becks and I have plans to order pizzas and eat an early dinner by the pool on Saturday night. You should swing by.

That sounds awesome!

JoAnn C's picture

I'm staying at Pop. Looking forward to seeing Erica and Jen again and meeting Kristen and Becks

Kristen K.'s picture

JoAnn C wrote:
I'm staying at Pop. Looking forward to seeing Erica and Jen again and meeting Kristen and Becks

clapping clapping clapping

JMed's picture

Is it time yet???? nope, just looked 154 days waiting

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Becks534's picture

JMed wrote:

That's fine with me! I just managed to get back up on the horse after no running for six weeks. Waiting for the sun to go down a little bit more before I head out tonight.

Funny story on our recent visit - DH and I are on a bus to MK. As we pass under the bridge by the Contemporary, I looked over at DH and say "Oh man, that hill is going to SUCK." A gentleman sitting ahead of me looks back and says "Hey, are you doing a race?" We start chatting and he's training for the Goofy challenge for 2018. mickey

Spook's picture

Becks534 wrote:
JMed wrote:

That's fine with me! I just managed to get back up on the horse after no running for six weeks. Waiting for the sun to go down a little bit more before I head out tonight.

Funny story on our recent visit - DH and I are on a bus to MK. As we pass under the bridge by the Contemporary, I looked over at DH and say "Oh man, that hill is going to SUCK." A gentleman sitting ahead of me looks back and says "Hey, are you doing a race?" We start chatting and he's training for the Goofy challenge for 2018. mickey

laugh that hill isn't so bad. Just keep reminding yourself your almost on Main Street USA!

Kristen K.'s picture

I'm so proud of you for getting back to running Becks! I'm trying to find the motivation but its a struggle

Becks534's picture

Spook wrote:
laugh that hill isn't so bad. Just keep reminding yourself your almost on Main Street USA!

Good to know! Running down hills makes me nervous like I'm going to go splat on my face and running up hills makes me use very un-Disney type language. eek

My long run day is tomorrow and I'm aiming for a 4 mile loop trail. Assuming it stops raining that is!

Planning wise, we're all set for the trip; staying at Coronado Springs, car rental is booked, flights are booked, post race victory cruise is booked! Most outstanding BFF has us covered with ADR's for post-race brunch and pre-cruise breakfast. Strangely enough, my dudes couldn't think of any other ADR's that they needed to do! My DS had requested Raglan Road and Boma - all ready done. I'm honestly not sure how I'm going to feel after the race so I don't want a Sunday night ADR hanging over my head. Maybe we'll head off site for dinner and maybe I'll be sound asleep - who knows! We had some really outstanding food at Disney Springs (The Polite Pig was delish!) so I think we'll be stopping in there again.

I'm coming up kinda blank on what my race outfit is going to be. A Princess? Another character? The hippo from Fantasia? Decisions, decisions...

Becks534's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
I'm so proud of you for getting back to running Becks! I'm trying to find the motivation but its a struggle

Thank you my dear! I know you're struggling but I'm still cheering you on!

Spook's picture

Becks534 wrote:
Spook wrote:

Good to know! Running down hills makes me nervous like I'm going to go splat on my face and running up hills makes me use very un-Disney type language. eek

My long run day is tomorrow and I'm aiming for a 4 mile loop trail. Assuming it stops raining that is!

Planning wise, we're all set for the trip; staying at Coronado Springs, car rental is booked, flights are booked, post race victory cruise is booked! Most outstanding BFF has us covered with ADR's for post-race brunch and pre-cruise breakfast. Strangely enough, my dudes couldn't think of any other ADR's that they needed to do! My DS had requested Raglan Road and Boma - all ready done. I'm honestly not sure how I'm going to feel after the race so I don't want a Sunday night ADR hanging over my head. Maybe we'll head off site for dinner and maybe I'll be sound asleep - who knows! We had some really outstanding food at Disney Springs (The Polite Pig was delish!) so I think we'll be stopping in there again.

I'm coming up kinda blank on what my race outfit is going to be. A Princess? Another character? The hippo from Fantasia? Decisions, decisions...

Just watch the curb on that hill. I have seen people go down because they tripped on it Puzzled

Kristen K.'s picture

eek No curbs! I need to stay far far away from curbs. I have a post-race cruise that I do not need to have another broken leg for.

Spook's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
eek No curbs! I need to stay far far away from curbs. I have a post-race cruise that I do not need to have another broken leg for.

I actually thought of you while I was typing that!

Kristen K.'s picture

OK Ladies - things are getting real. The official runDisney Training program has started. How are people doing?

My doctor just cleared me to start walking again, so that's better than nothing.

Spook's picture

I'm still in training for Wine and Dine so I'll be starting when we get back in November. I'm also thinking of joining a winter running clinic.

Becks534's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
OK Ladies - things are getting real. The official runDisney Training program has started. How are people doing?

My doctor just cleared me to start walking again, so that's better than nothing.

So far, so good! Ran on Tuesday and Thursday and looks like I'll have better weather on Sunday for my long run. I'm being brave and trying a 4.4 loop trail. I actually had my best pace ever (15:30) last night - because I was getting freaked out about being in a forest preserve parking lot after dark and getting a ticket! In other news, I bought my DH a ChEAR Squad package today. Figured it's the least I can do since he's been so incredibly supportive. Seriously, he made me scrambled eggs this morning when I said I was my usual "tired, sore and hungry" and put them in a to-go cup for me. muchlove The man is a peach. Have a great weekend!

Kristen K.'s picture

Awww... what a good guy! I do not think I am going to be able to afford CheEAR package for whoever ends up coming with me.

I went to the gym yesterday, going to go again tomorrow. Just walking, but its something.

Becks534's picture

Becks534 wrote:
I'm being brave and trying a 4.4 loop trail. I actually had my best pace ever (15:30) last night - because I was getting freaked out about being in a forest preserve parking lot after dark and getting a ticket! In other news, I bought my DH a ChEAR Squad package today. Figured it's the least I can do since he's been so incredibly supportive. Seriously, he made me scrambled eggs this morning when I said I was my usual "tired, sore and hungry" and put them in a to-go cup for me. muchlove The man is a peach. Have a great weekend!

So the 4.4 mile loop soooo did not happen. I didn't realize how hilly that trail is and it whooped my chubby butt. Like, ouch. eek I was also having dead battery issues and holy crap, it's cold issues. Nevertheless, I got 3.25 miles in at 16:03 pace. I'm mentally tossing around the idea of following the Fairytale Challenge training plan but I dunno....there are some crazy weekend runs towards January and February that would be super hard to do in our lovely Northern Illinois climate.

Still. We go on!

Becks534's picture

https://

I love this song....

Becks534's picture

Um, hi.....is this thing on?

Okay, ladies. I did a PR for my long run today - 3.12 miles, average pace of 15:40. I know the turtles are still going to be passing me by - but that's 1:19 per mile faster than I did in April. I've also started ignoring my interval timer and just running till I think it's been about 5 minutes and then walking for about a minute. Voila - I'm getting faster. Next goal - 15:30 average pace. Anyone else training?

JoAnn C's picture

I need to get back in it. I did the Fall Feast 5k on Friday and I didn't think I was going to make it. My right leg started hurting as we crossed the starting line and last for almost 2 miles. I took my time and made it to the finish line