The Royal Tour Land/Sea 2018

Login to post comments
30 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
The Royal Tour Land/Sea 2018

This week saw the dawn of some new travel planning and The Royal Tour was born.

Who: Kristen K. & Husband Geordon, Becks534 & Husband Carlos

What: 8 Night Land/Sea Vacation

Where: Walt Disney World & Disney Dream

When: February 23rd - March 2nd, 2018

Why: Two great reasons for this trip. First off, this is Princess Half Marathon Weekend so Beck and Kristen will be taking part in some of the runDisney events. Secondly, it's Kristen & Geordon's 20th Anniversary!

At the moment, I'm booked for the cruise. We have an Oceanview room on the forward starboard side. I'm waiting for that 11 month window for hotel reservations at WDW, but we will be at AKL.

JMed's picture

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JoAnn C's picture

yay!! Sounds awesome. I hope to make it down for Princess next year.

danijrod's picture

Sounds amazing! awesome

Allie's picture

eek eek eek muchlove muchlove muchlove

jtownpluto's picture

Sounds amazing!!!! mickey

Kris1971's picture

Hooray! That's awesome! yay

Kristen K.'s picture

Sticking this image right here so I don't lose it. Registration for the Princess Weekend Events opens May 2nd.

And - Becks534 booked their cruise last night so we are so on!

PreviewAttachmentSize
princess-2018-registration.png
princess-2018-registration.png127.02 KB
Kristen K.'s picture

Just booked 4 nights before the cruise at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House! yay

I was going to get a studio, but because we'll be in the room quite a bit, and it's race weekend Geordon really thought that we needed a 1 Bedroom Villa. We'll have lots of room to stretch out, and giant whirlpool soaking tub. I think that's really going to come in handy for me. I'm not heartbroken over having the kitchen or the laundry in room either.

PreviewAttachmentSize
akl_roomview.jpg
akl_roomview.jpg89.56 KB
dak-floorplan-1-bedroom-kidani.jpg
dak-floorplan-1-bedroom-kidani.jpg102.16 KB
danijrod's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Just booked 4 nights before the cruise at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House! yay

I was going to get a studio, but because we'll be in the room quite a bit, and it's race weekend Geordon really thought that we needed a 1 Bedroom Villa. We'll have lots of room to stretch out, and giant whirlpool soaking tub. I think that's really going to come in handy for me. I'm not heartbroken over having the kitchen or the laundry in room either.

That looks amazing! Love

Kristen K.'s picture

Alrighty! 69 days to go and I am feeling completely unprepared. This is going to be a bit more fly by the seat of our pants type deal. No Park days, and only about 50 hours on property before heading to sea.

Travel - I booked my flights, sadly I couldn't get on an early one and that day is pretty blown. Geordon and I won't be be arriving at Animal Kingdom Lodge around 11pm. I'm sure we will hit the bed and crash straight away.

The Princess 13.1 - ugh - If I make it to the MK I will be thrilled. No matter how far I get though I am looking forward to having a ton of fun and just enjoying a nice walk and be happy that I have given it my all after so many things going wrong with my health and training.

Food - Saturday night we're having pre-race pizza by the Uzima Springs pool. I made an ADR for Sunday lunch after the race at Raglan Road, and breakfast on Monday morning before the cruise at BOMA. That leaves me with 3 unplanned meals, we'll probably do those at the Mara or Disney Springs. I REALLY want to hit The Edison while we are there, so that will probably happen on Sunday night.

Cruise - G and I are all checked in for the cruise. I located our passports. I have two Fish Extender groups that I am participating in, and I finished up my shopping for that this weekend. I'll post pictures of those gifts when they are all done. I booked dinner at Palo with Becks and Carlos, and a Stem to Stern Wine Tasting.

That's where it's at! And the counter continues to tick down.

JoAnn C's picture

We need to figure out when to meet up with JMed and Spook. Sunday evening?

Kristen K.'s picture

JoAnn C wrote:

Oh - I thought you guys were having Pizza with us on Saturday night. If not, we could totally figure out something for Sunday night at Disney Springs.

JoAnn C's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:

Oh - I thought you guys were having Pizza with us on Saturday night. If not, we could totally figure out something for Sunday night at Disney Springs.

Spook and I are having afternoon tea at 3:55 on Saturday. I have nothing planned after tea. that could work. Not sure if I'll be hungry for pizza. I'm good with hanging out for drinks.

Kristen K.'s picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:

Spook and I are having afternoon tea at 3:55 on Saturday. I have nothing planned after tea. that could work. Not sure if I'll be hungry for pizza. I'm good with hanging out for drinks.

Hanging out with us for meets and drinks would be just fine. biggrin

Spook's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:

Hanging out with us for meets and drinks would be just fine. biggrin

I always have room for pizza! And I'm staying at AKL too mickey
I really hope you make it to MK! Well, I hope you make it to the finish line too but MK is amazing biggrin
I have breakfast at Boma on Monday too. MAybe I'll see you there!

Kristen K.'s picture

Spook wrote:

Yay!! yay

Spook wrote:
I have breakfast at Boma on Monday too. Maybe I'll see you there!

Just checked my docs and we've got a 9:15 Boma reservation on Monday. I think our goal is to be out by 10. Beck's son has a flight out of MCO, and then we hope to be at the ship at Noon.

*squee* I'm so excited! I've been so stressed out the past couple of weeks, and winter is kicking my butt health wise. Looking forward to this trip is just about all that is keeping me going.

Spook's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Spook wrote:

Yay!! yay

Spook wrote:

Just checked my docs and we've got a 9:15 Boma reservation on Monday. I think our goal is to be out by 10. Beck's son has a flight out of MCO, and then we hope to be at the ship at Noon.

*squee* I'm so excited! I've been so stressed out the past couple of weeks, and winter is kicking my butt health wise. Looking forward to this trip is just about all that is keeping me going.

My ADR is 7:40 so I won't be seeing you lol. I'll prob be getting on the Tragical Express at that time sad I'm excited for the meet ups! I'm pretty sure I'll be solo so it'll be nice having some company awesome

JMed's picture

Spook wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:
Spook wrote:

Yay!! yay

Spook wrote:

My ADR is 7:40 so I won't be seeing you lol. I'll prob be getting on the Tragical Express at that time sad I'm excited for the meet ups! I'm pretty sure I'll be solo so it'll be nice having some company awesome

So, our Travel Agency meeting is this same weekend. Let me get our exact itinerary and I will let you all know. I am totally unprepared for this trip. I am probably going to skip the race. I have not done anything to prepare for it and all the pain I am having added with the cold weather is not helping.

Kristen K.'s picture

JMed wrote:
So, our Travel Agency meeting is this same weekend. Let me get our exact itinerary and I will let you all know. I am totally unprepared for this trip. I am probably going to skip the race. I have not done anything to prepare for it and all the pain I am having added with the cold weather is not helping.

I hear you, the cold is wrecking havoc on my ankle and my fibromyalgia. I've been pretty miserable but I really want to make it as far as the castle if I can. I started going back to the gym even though I'm in pain, I'm hoping it will at least make me more flexible.

Kristen K.'s picture

I don't know about any of the other Princesses traveling at this time, but I am *SO* ready for this vacation. The past week has just been miserable with a car accident for car A that is sitting awaiting an insurance decision, expensive car repairs for car B, a trip to the ER for my husband following the accident, a work accident for my daughter that resulted in another emergency medical trip stitches and time off, one driver for 5 people with different schedules (me), and every "extra" second being filled with working. I am absolutely wiped out, the past 7 days have be total crap.

I am dreaming of this trip, I NEED this trip. I just want to get on a plane and be gone from all the day to day mess that is regular life. I am chomping on the bit for a huge does of fantasy, and time being all at sea.

27 days and counting. waiting

Allie's picture

I'm so sorry to hear that, Kristen! Wishing you lots of pixie dust and a very quick 16 days!

Kristen K.'s picture

Thanks Allie! Sadly, we just got more bad news today, but I am trying to stay really positive. Come on vacation!

danijrod's picture

Sorry to hear of your bad news, hopefully things will get better crossfingers and hopefully you will be in Disney soon and will have an amazing time.

Kristen K.'s picture

Still in pre-trip mode here, but I got a TON of stuff done over the past two days. I'm finally finished getting the posts scheduled for next week so y'all will have something to read on the blog. LOL!

How come when I go on vacation it just means more work? My fabulous Moderators will be on extra spam and forum duty while I'm gone, I am *so* grateful for the guys. Everyone play nice!

Fish Extender gifts for the cruise were (mostly) finished today. I had to unpack and then re-pack my suitcase, but I think everything fits now. My running outfit includes a beautiful sparkly blue running skirt that Becks534 made for me, and I think I'm wearing it with a Little Mermaid shirt.

2 more sleeps and I will be on my way to the Happy Place! yay

danijrod's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Still in pre-trip mode here, but I got a TON of stuff done over the past two days. I'm finally finished getting the posts scheduled for next week so y'all will have something to read on the blog. LOL!

How come when I go on vacation it just means more work? My fabulous Moderators will be on extra spam and forum duty while I'm gone, I am *so* grateful for the guys. Everyone play nice!

Fish Extender gifts for the cruise were (mostly) finished today. I had to unpack and then re-pack my suitcase, but I think everything fits now. My running outfit includes a beautiful sparkly blue running skirt that Becks534 made for me, and I think I'm wearing it with a Little Mermaid shirt.

2 more sleeps and I will be on my way to the Happy Place! yay

yay not long now!

That outfit sounds amazing definitely need to see a photo!

MrHub's picture

Oh I do not think there is anything to worry about while you are gone Kristen. You just enjoy your away time!

Kristen K.'s picture

I've been having trouble wrapping my head around this trip. Honestly, I'm still recovering physically. It was a fantastic trip. Here are a few highs and lows while I'm still processing it all.

Highlights

• Our flights were very comfortable, I'm a huge fan of Southwest these days. It only took Becks 10 years to convince me to give them a try.
  • Meeting up with Jen, Erica, JoAnn, and Becks
  • I adore the pool view 1 bedroom villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo house. Can I just move in there please? It would make me really happy.
  • Doing the Princess Half Marathon with my BFF and making it through the Castle. Bucket list check!
  • Polite Pig at Disney Springs. OMG - so good.
  • Jiko! Walked in, sat at the bar, my favorite steak of the whole trip and the bread service was out of this world.
  • Castaway Cay's Serenity Bay is a what I have been missing my whole life.
  • Our server on the Disney Dream (Branko) was amazing. He handled my husband's restricted diet so much better than I do. Geordon ate like an absolute King without a worry or a problem.

Low Points

• The trip to the medical tent after the race because my blood pressure was going nuts.
  • The agony of how my body felt after walking for 6 miles. I don't think I need to do that again, 5K is my distance if I don't want to kill myself. I'm sure I could train up to a 10K, but I would really have to want that medal.
  • I didn't get to see Beauty and the Beast on the cruise because every seat in the theater was taken. We watched the live broadcast on our TV in the stateroom, but it was not the same. It looks really good, and I need to book another cruise on the Dream so I can see it.
  • The trip back home was WAY WAY WAY too long due to some poor scheduling by yours truly.

Below may be the most horrible proof of making it to the castle picture ever. I was so exhausted at that point, but I had to text the kids to let them know mom had made her goal.

The picture with Rapunzel was the next day on the ship and I think you can really see in my face how sore and tired I still was.

PreviewAttachmentSize
proof-of-castle.jpg
proof-of-castle.jpg70.33 KB
kristen-and-rapunzel.png
kristen-and-rapunzel.png516.63 KB
danijrod's picture

Well done Kristen on completing your goal! yay

It sucks about not being able to see Beauty and the Beast, but that is the perfect reason too book up again!

JMed's picture

So glad I made the highlight reel!!! Can't believe it took us this long to meet up. It was fantastic!

Sorry you couldn't get a seat for Beauty and the Beast. I will keep that in mind and get there super early when we go!