RunDisney makes changes to Wine and Dine

Login to post comments
9 posts / 0 new
Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2765
RunDisney makes changes to Wine and Dine

So RunDisney has changed the Wine and Dine half marathon weekend and I'm super bummed about it sad It used to be held at night (half marathon started at 10pm) followed by an after party at Epcot. The 5K was the same day as the half (Saturday) but held in the morning. Now they've added a 10K. That makes Wine and Dine just a regular race weekend with the 5K on Friday, 10K on Saturday and the half on Sunday. All races are in the morning. There is still an after party on Sunday night.

This makes me sad. It was such a unique race being held at night. That's what made it so fun! I was thinking about doing it in 2017 but now I'm not so sure. Well, ok. I probably will still do it, but that's not the point! laugh it's not going to be the same sad

http://www.rundisney.com/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/runner-info/

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6603

I'm not surprised. With the popularity of the challenges, it was only a matter of time before they added a 10K and a challenge.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

alicemouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/22/2013
Posts: 2832

I hear ya, Spook. I'm glad I ran last year because I'm just not sure about doing a race at 5:00 in the morning. In Florida. That means that it's getting hotter and sunnier as I'm running instead of cooler and staying dark. I don't like it one bit. I went through the rest of the race repertoire and they don't seem to have moved any other races to night races. I think it would make sense for all "dark side" races to be held at night--just sayin'

I am glad that they've added a 10K though. That's my preferred distance, but morning is so not my preferred time...ugh.

__________________

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3767

With all the chatter on line, I am surprised (NOT) that this race SOLD OUT since no one is going to do it (yea right) since they changed the time...

The early registration was closed with in hours of opening and so was Tuesday. There are still the kids races open LOL

I registered for the 5k and I am dragging my friend Kerry along with me (she's been on the last 2 girl's weekend trips with me) I am so excited to be running thru Animal Kingdom no matter what time it is!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2765

JMed wrote:
With all the chatter on line, I am surprised (NOT) that this race SOLD OUT since no one is going to do it (yea right) since they changed the time...

The early registration was closed with in hours of opening and so was Tuesday. There are still the kids races open LOL

I registered for the 5k and I am dragging my friend Kerry along with me (she's been on the last 2 girl's weekend trips with me) I am so excited to be running thru Animal Kingdom no matter what time it is!

That 5K is super fun! I liked it better than the one at Princess awesome

Just watch your step! The ground is pretty uneven in AK!

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3767

Spook wrote:
JMed wrote:
With all the chatter on line, I am surprised (NOT) that this race SOLD OUT since no one is going to do it (yea right) since they changed the time...

The early registration was closed with in hours of opening and so was Tuesday. There are still the kids races open LOL

I registered for the 5k and I am dragging my friend Kerry along with me (she's been on the last 2 girl's weekend trips with me) I am so excited to be running thru Animal Kingdom no matter what time it is!

That 5K is super fun! I liked it better than the one at Princess awesome

Just watch your step! The ground is pretty uneven in AK!

Thanks for the heads up! I am known for falling and twisting my ankle!!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

PreviewAttachmentSize
05162167721d79817017c461813fbb7afff3cc-wm.jpg
05162167721d79817017c461813fbb7afff3cc-wm.jpg68.95 KB
__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

jtownpluto's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/29/2013
Posts: 337

Jmed, you just made a fairly awful day end on a great note! Hysterical! laugh laugh

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3767

jtownpluto wrote:
Jmed, you just made a fairly awful day end on a great note! Hysterical! laugh laugh

That's what I'm here for!!! Anytime, you just let me know! wink laugh

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

jtownpluto's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/29/2013
Posts: 337

JMed wrote:
jtownpluto wrote:
Jmed, you just made a fairly awful day end on a great note! Hysterical! laugh laugh

That's what I'm here for!!! Anytime, you just let me know! wink laugh

Good to know! Thanks a bunch. mickey