Staying at Beach Club Resort in 2014

Login to post comments
23 posts / 0 new
Staying at Beach Club Resort in 2014

Hi! I'm new to this site.

I am getting married in May of 2014 and me and my fiance are doing a Disneymoon! I am so excited and can't wait! We are going for two weeks from 5/4-5/18. We will be staying at the Beach Club the whole trip. I loved what I read and had seen of the place and we chose also because of Stormalong Bay and the location to Epcot, however I have been reading mixed reviews of this place the past few months. The reviews are either very recent to all the way back to 2009. I am getting concerned and wanted to know what some of you think of the place, if you have stayed there before and whether or not it's going to be worth it. What is the Good, the Bad & the Ugly? lol Also, what are some suggestions for a great honeymoon?

JMUDukz's picture

Hi! I haven't stayed there, so I don't have any thoughts for you, but just wanted to say WELCOME! And congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Thank you, JMUDukz, I really appreciate it.

Kris1971's picture

Welcome! I'll be staying there in a few weeks for the first time. I'll definitely get back to you on how we like it! I'm excited to give it a try!

Thank you, I would appreciate it. This is a special trip and I try not to put too much into online reviews but some of the reviews on TripAdvisor is really making me wonder and got me concerned. I can't tell if these particular people were just expecting too much and are hard to please to begin with or if they had valid points.

Miss Mikki's picture

The majority of reviews are excellent or very good for this resort on trip advisor. I have never stayed at this resort but it looked very nice when we visited for drinks/dinner. I would personally book it if you have your heart set on it. The chances are everything will be great, but if you are not happy with something, I believe Disney customer service are exceptional and would do their utmost to accommodate any request. Whenever we have had an issue with a resort or restaurant, we have been really polite with the CM and they have always sorted out the problem. (eg. My parents room at the Polynesian was dirty with broken furniture, they were moved to a club level room with MK view!). Disney resorts can't be perfect for everyone, all of the time but I imagine some of the very critical reviewers on Trip Advisor were pretty obnoxious when complaining and that is why their problem was not resolved to their satisfaction.

no ticker Sad

Hi pinkie and welcome! We stayed at the Beach Club in 2009, and will be staying there again in 2 weeks. So here's what I think:

Pros:
Location!! Easy short walk to the international gateway to Epcot. Super convenient

It's also a nice 15-20 minute walk to Hollywood Studios if you are so inclined. There is also the boat service if you want to avoid the bus.

Stormalong Bay - great pool with a sandy bottom area and a lazy river area. Love it

The Boardwalk and all that fun is right there

The rooms were really really nice. My only issue ( and it's a small one) is that depending on where your room is located, it can feel like a maze to get to and from once you enter the resort. Some of the hallways can be long.

We can let you know what we think again in a few weeks, but I would not hesitate booking there.

This is our favorite resort. The location is fantastic. The pool and the bar and grille are excellent. I just love the boardwalk area. We have stayed there about 5 times or so in the last few years. We are DVC members, and we always seem to wind up there for our stay. They show movies on the beach every night, so that is also nice. Beach chairs on the sand by the lake, and boat transportation the the boardwalk hotel, epcot (the walk is so nice though), and Hollywood Studios. I would highly recommend staying there. Have you thought about switching resorts after a week? We also love Wilderness Lodge. Another great location and beautiful resort.

Thanks so much for all the posts so far. I am getting excited!

MrHub's picture

Hello pinkie and welcome to WDWForGrownups! We have stayed at the Beach Club Villas. Though its not our favorite resort, it is very nice. Just like Jeff said, it can seem like quite a hike from your room to the main lobby, depending on where your room is, especially in the Villas. We stayed in the Boardwalk in July and that was a hike from our room to the lobby. All are beautiful resorts though.

Magic Mirror's picture

Just wanted to say welcome

RobynPrincess's picture

We stayed there in October and thought it was gorgeous!

Welcome Smile

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

I just wanna say to everybody that's posted: A big THANK YOU for the reviews and the welcomes!

welcome Pinkie. I am like Magic Mirror just wanted to say Hi! I have only stayed on property once at POR and my next visit, in 28 days, will be at POFQ. I can't really give you any info but it sounds like everyone else has. Best wishes on your upcoming wedding.

JoAnn C's picture

welcome congrats

Welcome and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Vettelover's picture

Hi! pinkie32 and welcome so glad you found and joined us.

A huge HELLO to everybody!

I can't comment on your resort choice from experience, but it would be my first choice if price were no object. We'll be staying at POR 5/3-5/10, so see you there!

Allie's picture

welcome and congrats on the upcoming wedding!

Congrats! You will LOVE the Beach Club! We were just there in March. Best family vacation we have had. It is a beautiful resort, great food at Cape May (the Clambake is to die for!), and Storm Along Bay is amazing! You can't beat the 5 min walk to Epcot. You can see the fireworks at night from there as well. It's very relaxing as well. You just can't go wrong with this resort.

Kristen K.'s picture

stars Hi Pinkie! Welcome! stars

I haven't stayed at Beach Club yet, but I almost always head over to the resort to eat or enjoy the recreational areas. It's really beautiful and fabulously located. Cape May is my very favorite Character Breakfast, and the easy access to the Yacht Club restaurants is wonderful. People rave about Beaches and Cream and about Stormalong Bay. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

rylin's picture

I've never stayed there, but here's a glowing review from Disney Tourist Blog with lots of lovely pictures! http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disneys-beach-club-resort-review/

Eeyore's picture

Welcome and congrats!

For two adults looking for romance and fun, the EPCOT resort area would be my top choice. You are within walking distance to two parks. Majority of the eating and drinking we do consists in EPCOT and/or DHS so it makes sense to stay there. We have not stayed at the Beach Club, but we did stay at the Boardwalk Villas this May and loved it!

I took to heart everyone's opinion about those long hallways and requested a room close to the lobby. We were the second room off the elevator and it was great! The beach club is gorgeous! You will love it!