Is there a Land or Section of a Park that You'd Trade for "the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?"

Login to post comments
20 posts / 0 new
Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357
Is there a Land or Section of a Park that You'd Trade for "the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?"

Many people now refer to Universal Studios as "Harry Potter." The reviews of the land are pretty good...almost Disney-level. So is there any part of Disney World you'd trade to get HP?

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Nope. But I do wish that Disney could've gotten the rights. I think it would make an excellent edition to Hollywood Studios. But with no more books being written, I do wonder if it will be dated eventually, as was mentioned in another thread. I mean, will kids continue to read the books, I wonder?

__________________

katrina1122's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/08/2010
Posts: 427

I'd get rid of Indiana Jones stunt show and the car stunt show for Harry Potter world no questions asked.

__________________

Wishin' I was at WDW!

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Naw... I like everything the way it is. I think HP is perfect for Universal... its a different magical experience.

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 1902

I agree, I would not give up anything for it either.

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

Can't think of anything I'd want to give up and Disney have so much land they could easily find a few acres for it. Disney would have done an awesome job with Harry Potter though and I'll bet someone is kicking themselves for not securing the movie rights which would have given them virtually automatic theme park rights.

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

CarJust's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/01/2010
Posts: 173

I'd give up magic kingdom....I find it a little boring there. HP would be a great addition

__________________

Offline
Joined: 05/09/2011
Posts: 61

Brad wrote:
Many people now refer to Universal Studios as "Harry Potter." The reviews of the land are pretty good...almost Disney-level. So is there any part of Disney World you'd trade to get HP?

No way! I like Harry Potter, I think the movies are cool. But in all honesty it is just one series of books about one character...when you think about Disney World you are thinking about decades of different movies and characters represented in four theme parks. There are so many characters it is hard to count them all...from Mickey Mouse to Captain Jack Sparrow....from Snow White to Rapunzel....from Kermit and Miss piggy to Woody and Buzz...and countless others. Don't get me wrong...I think the Wizardiing World Of Harry Potter looks really cool...but I would never trade anything in Disney World for it.

Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 1902

Sad( Sad( Sad(
OH my, how could you trade off the entire Magic Kingdom for Harry Potter.
That would break my heart.

CarJust's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/01/2010
Posts: 173

Sorry, I find MK a little boring....... waiting I suppose lots of places to eat but Epcot has tons more places to eat and Hollywood studios has my coasters and I cant take out animal kingdom....its the newest park! wink

you know I'm kidding right???

__________________

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Whew! CarJust, you crack me up! For a minute there... biggrin

__________________

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Lizzy_B wrote:
Whew! CarJust, you crack me up! For a minute there... biggrin

I know..that was a real head scratcher..but I was thinking well..too each his own I guess!

I think I'd leave it where it is. I wonder about it getting dated as well..but I would give it a good 10-15 years before it looses its appeal.

__________________

mickey Bella


Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

It wouldn't matter to me if it wasn't at Disney because Harry Potter doesn't do anything for me. I've never read any of the books or seen any of the movies but if I had to put it at a Disney Park I would put it in Hollywood Studios and you could get rid of everything there except for Toy Story Mania.

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Jess wrote:
It wouldn't matter to me if it wasn't at Disney because Harry Potter doesn't do anything for me. I've never read any of the books or seen any of the movies but if I had to put it at a Disney Park I would put it in Hollywood Studios and you could get rid of everything there except for Toy Story Mania.

Ill remember that when you want your cupcakes...

"Yes Ma'am... my wife doesnt want your cupcakes. She would just much rather have Harry Potter here than have your cupcakes."

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Mase wrote:
Jess wrote:
It wouldn't matter to me if it wasn't at Disney because Harry Potter doesn't do anything for me. I've never read any of the books or seen any of the movies but if I had to put it at a Disney Park I would put it in Hollywood Studios and you could get rid of everything there except for Toy Story Mania.

Ill remember that when you want your cupcakes...

"Yes Ma'am... my wife doesnt want your cupcakes. She would just much rather have Harry Potter here than have your cupcakes."

The cupcakes are at other parks to...but we can keep the cupcakes at Hollywood Studios as well

__________________

mandyandriley's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/23/2011
Posts: 102

katrina1122 wrote:
I'd get rid of Indiana Jones stunt show and the car stunt show for Harry Potter world no questions asked.

Exactly what I was thinking. That car stunt show ruins that whole end of the park for me, I get so nauseated because it stinks so badly! Get out!

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

CarJust wrote:
I'd give up magic kingdom....I find it a little boring there. HP would be a great addition

That's going to be a controversial suggestion I think. laugh

Can I trade Rafiki's Planet Watch?

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9465

Nope, wouldn't give up a thing for HP to be in WDW. It has it's place where it is.

Pegosaurus's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/12/2010
Posts: 467

Can I trade one ride from HP for Stitch's Great Escape? Or even just a butterbeer vendor?*

*I haven't actually been to HP, but I'm presuming everything in it is good Smile Or at least better than Stitch!

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Man... there is just no love for Stitch here! LOL

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]