Today's the day 180 day ADR-maggedon

Login to post comments
23 posts / 0 new
designedbydisney's picture
Today's the day 180 day ADR-maggedon

So it here it's 180 days before our disneymoon trip. Our wedding is in March and we wanted to be there on our legit honeymoon and so are travelling straight from our wedding we will arrive at disney the following afternoon staying 7 nights at wilderness lodge. We are blessed enough to have the delux dinning plan.... This is going to be a lot of food 21 credits each and 14 snack credits each... Today I book all of our adrs, sadly because we are there for our legit honeymoon we have had to travel during spring break so ADRs were a must here is what we got and plan to do...

Day one arrival day
Dinner: Tony's town square resturant - only eatting here because it's close to the park entrance and cause lady and the ramp is romantic

Day two- MK morning/resort afternoon
Breakfast: crystal palace before park opening
Lunch: snack credits
Dinner: artist point

Day three animal kingdom day
Breakfast: Tusker house before park opening
Lunch: yak and yeti
Dinner: Sanaa

Day four - resort morning/ DHS afternoon
Breakfast: whispering canyon cafe
Lunch: snack credit
Dinner: Hollywood brown dery with fantasmic package

Day five- epcot day
Breakfast: akerhaus befor park opening
Lunch: San angel inn
Dinner: Tito Italian

Day six-typhoon lagoon morning/ MK evening
Breakfast: Ohana
Lunch: T. rex
Dinner: be our guest

Day seven- MK day maybe lunch at resort
Breakfast: 1900 park fair
Lunch: TBC- please advise
Dinner: cinderellas royal table

Day eight departure day
Breakfast: crystal palace

Mrferret's picture

Perhaps CHH for lunch on your last MK day ??

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

Great for me but fiance doesn't eat seafood Sad

Mrferret's picture

designedbydisney wrote:

In that case for sit down i would say Liberty Tree tavern , Or for counter service it has to be Cosmic Rays (cheesy but predictable)

Howdy Y'all

2019 Florida

I think LTT might be a goer, we love cosmic rays and will go for a snack but I refuse to waste these credit on counter service,

Allie's picture

I'd shoot over to Kona for lunch at the Poly on your last day! So yummy!

Oh kinda is a good idea

crazycatperson's picture

designedbydisney wrote:

Apologies in advance for hijacking this thread and taking it off on a tangent.

Can someone who "doesn't eat seafood" explain this to me?

I understand not liking certain foods. I don't care for lamb or organ meats in the broader family of "red meat." But I happily eat beef, pork, and occasionally more exotic stuff like venison or bison.

I also don't like most mild, flaky white fish like cod and haddock, but I love shellfish and most of the firmer, oilier fish like tuna, salmon, and swordfish, as well as fish that are somewhere in the middle between white and dark/oily, like catfish and snapper.

To me, saying "I don't like seafood" is like saying "I don't like red meat." I know plenty of people who don't eat red meat, but it's usually an ethical decision, not that they don't like any kind of red meat. (My almost-vegan niece has been known to down a cheeseburger in a moment of weakness.) I don't know anyone who simply doesn't like the taste of every kind of red meat there is. Yet people will make such blanket statements about all seafood all the time, even though cod tastes nothing like tuna, and salmon tastes nothing like shrimp.

So I'm thinking, if someone says they don't like seafood at all, they probably just haven't tried many different kinds of seafood. They had mediocre fish sticks or overcooked haddock as a kid, hated them, and never gave anything else a proper chance, never experienced a perfectly prepared piece of swordfish or some sushi-grade tuna seared on the outside and still red and moist on the inside.

So what's the scoop, you who hate seafood? Have you tried it all and just don't like it all, or are you judging all fish based on the crap they served in your school cafeteria?

Ok this is a british thing, the disney hipsters mentioned on their show that the Ireland booth at food and wine had a sea food pie which they didn't want to eat because seafood was a vague term, and it was like calling a meat pie a land food pie,

In the UK seafood is something that comes out of the ocean that isn't fish, mussels, shrimp, prawns, crab, eel, ect.

Lots of people here don't like sea food as we tend to eat them raw. And they can be strong tasting or slimy.

My fiance isn't really keen on fish on a whole cause the smell

Mrferret's picture

I can't comment on the whole seafood thing but now i really want to try me a "land food Pie"

Howdy Y'all

2019 Florida

EmFord's picture

I can't comment personally on the seafood thing because my personal motto is "if its from the sea, its for me".. I also don't eat any "land meat" so I'm basically a vegetarian who dabbles in seafood (technical term a pescatarian). However, my boyfriend used to be (and still kind of is) one of those "I hate seafood people". Now when we first started dating that just wasn't going to work for me so I made it my mission to get him to try stuff. Now its a matter of, he doesn't like "fishy" seafood. For example, anything that tastes overly briney (clams, oysters, etc.) or too much of that technical fishy taste (salmon, some kinds of white fishes, etc) just don't do it for him. He's also a freak and won't eat anything under medium well so sushi and raw seafood is out even though I've tried so many times for him to just "TRY THE D**N SUSHI" haha. He will eat things like mahi mahi, tuna steaks and shrimp, if cooked well and with a good marinade, now. He'll also eat fish tacos and stuff like that.. And he'll try crab and lobster but they have to be in something like a pasta or risotto. I think a lot of it is lack of exposure to it. When he was young he just didn't eat seafood of any kind and never tried it, and when he did try it, it was like you said, the cheap cafeteria fish sticks, or flounder that isn't very well cooked. I'm the same way as you, I find so many different flavors in fish/seafood and I can't imagine not liking it. But I guess its exposure, my Dad has been feeding me sushi since I was little and I could pick a crab when I was 2, so its just always been part of my diet, but some people its just not something they consider.

JanJ's picture

I like some seafood, more the milder flavours (halibut, tilapia, haddock etc) and definitely no sushi, nor fishy smells for me!

BUT, CHH offers more than just seafood - I had chicken pot pie when we were there for MNSSHP and it was quite tasty!

finngirl's picture

I think you're right CCP that a lot of us have bad memories of horribly prepared "fish" dishes. I can't eat anything like squid, mussels, etc. since a really bad encounter with octopus. It was just vile, and it felt like I was chewing an eraser. yuck I will however happily eat cod, haddock, and scallops, things that aren't really 'fishy' tasting. My son is working on getting me to try sushi, but it hasn't happened yet. biggrin

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

Mrferret wrote:
Or for counter service it has to be Cosmic Rays (cheesy but predictable)

Funny, that's exactly how Joe describes me! Maybe that's why I always drag him to Cosmic Ray's.....

I have a new phrase to use! ADR-maggedon. I love it!

We really enjoyed Liberty Tree Tavern as well for lunch. The pot roast was superb!

Kristen K.'s picture

crazycatperson wrote:

So what's the scoop, you who hate seafood? Have you tried it all and just don't like it all, or are you judging all fish based on the crap they served in your school cafeteria?

For me, it's generally a texture thing. I have tried to like fish, and in my mind I think I should like fish. I can even look at a fish dish and think that it looks delicious. However never once when I have tried those dishes have I actually liked fish - or shellfish. I know that if the world went terribly wrong and all I had was fish to eat, I would somehow choke it down and maybe even come to enjoy it. But right now when I have a choice, no thanks, I'll pass.

On that same note, I'm also very picky about other meats as well. Right now I'll eat farm raised pork, beef, chicken and turkey. I do not care for the grassy, herbal flavor of game animals or exotics. I did for quite some time give up beef and pork altogether because the texture wasn't working for me.

Sad my adr report has turned in to a discussion about fish....

Kristen K.'s picture

Mrferret wrote:
I can't comment on the whole seafood thing but now i really want to try me a "land food Pie"

rolling

Kristen K.'s picture

designedbydisney wrote:

Day seven- MK day maybe lunch at resort
Breakfast: 1900 park fair
Lunch: TBC- please advise
Dinner: cinderellas royal table

My "go to" is Pecos Bills, but husband and I really enjoyed Columbia Harbour House last year. I want to try something new (to me) in February so I think we'll be heading over to Cosmic Ray's.

MrHub's picture

Go here to keep the seafood question going and let's give DBD his thread back!

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/ccps-question-about-seafood

JoAnn C's picture

Allie wrote:
I'd shoot over to Kona for lunch at the Poly on your last day! So yummy!

or Grand Floridian Cafe or The Wave.

Magic Mirror's picture

I am looking forward to your review of Cinderellas Table...

Peck bills and cosmic rays are my go too places, I will have to stop in each for a drink and get a hot dog in Casey's. As for cinders table we are going in four weeks, so a review of it will be up ASAP.

crazycatperson's picture

For that table service lunch at MK on day seven, I also highly recommend taking the boat to the Polynesian and trying Kona Cafe. That was one awesome lunch we had there earlier this month. And it wasn't very crowded, so you should have no problem getting an ADR there. I also highly endorse The Wave; we had dinner there, not lunch, but I'm sure the midday fare is just as awesome.

As for inside the park, we have never eaten table-service at MK but will try Liberty Tree Tavern in November, the menu looks interesting enough.