WDW - July 12-16, 2011

Login to post comments
38 posts / 0 new
Bella's picture

JustCar wrote:
I hope so

I forget--where are you staying again? At Pop? We are thinking of staying there instead of POR..

mickey Bella

JustCar's picture

Yeppers

Oct 2009 POP
Sept 2011 POP
Oct 2013 Coronado
May 2014 AKL , Magic, AoA Girlie Trip
Oct 2014 CBR Pirate Room Girlie Trip
Nov 2014 DCL Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Girlie Trip, POR Royal Guest Suite, GF Concierge
August 2015 DCL Magic 7 Night Mediterranean
October 2015 DL Grand Californian, DCL Wonder Panama Canal

https://www.facebook.com/MsBubbles
https://www.facebook.com/MVTRavel

Right??? I'm glad I wasn't the only one noticing the large groups. What makes it worse is if one doesn't know their culture, it's sort-of a shock...i.e.: aggressiveness, rudeness. Whenever I encountered a group, being a solo traveler, I quickly sped around the person holding the crazy colored flag (I guess that's the group leader?). Doing so didn't help on my blisters, but it is what what is.

Someone I talked to, a guest staying at Fort Wilderness Lodge, told me they don't allow groups there, as I did not see any at the PO-French Quarter either (Phew~). Wink

@Lizzie B - Really, to me, it seemed as if all was the same since last year. One noticeable difference is that they (Disney) changed the refillable coffee mugs. I'm okay with that as I have way too many from the past few years. The base of the mug (still tall) has a picture of the Disney characters (Mickey, Minnie, etc.) at a poolside/water parkish area. It's okay but wished they could have been more creative. The tops of the mugs are still different colored...light blue (which they were out of at the time of getting mine!), pink and black.

As for the parks...I didn't notice anything new. The bus transportation now has the words, "Disney Transport" on them. The "Mickey balloon silouettes" are gone.

Bella wrote:
JustCar wrote:
I hope so

I forget--where are you staying again? At Pop? We are thinking of staying there instead of POR..

FYI...One thing I definately encountered when staying at POP last year was that the bus transportation picks you up/sometimes drops you off (at the parks) at the farthest end. I'm guessing this is because it was one of the last resorts built. Hence, they had to add on additional transport spots.

JustCar's picture

I am totally ok with that, we found last time the buses to and from POP were always quick and right around the corner. It's one of my reasons that we pick POP.

Thanks jerseyleo. Do you find you discover more when you go solo than with others?

Oct 2009 POP
Sept 2011 POP
Oct 2013 Coronado
May 2014 AKL , Magic, AoA Girlie Trip
Oct 2014 CBR Pirate Room Girlie Trip
Nov 2014 DCL Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Girlie Trip, POR Royal Guest Suite, GF Concierge
August 2015 DCL Magic 7 Night Mediterranean
October 2015 DL Grand Californian, DCL Wonder Panama Canal

https://www.facebook.com/MsBubbles
https://www.facebook.com/MVTRavel

Bella's picture

jerseyleo wrote:

FYI...One thing I definately encountered when staying at POP last year was that the bus transportation picks you up/sometimes drops you off (at the parks) at the farthest end. I'm guessing this is because it was one of the last resorts built. Hence, they had to add on additional transport spots.

That's exactly why--we've stayed there a ton before. The bus thing can be annoying but it's no big deal.

mickey Bella

JustCar wrote:
I am totally ok with that, we found last time the buses to and from POP were always quick and right around the corner. It's one of my reasons that we pick POP.

Thanks jerseyleo. Do you find you discover more when you go solo than with others?

I actually don't mind traveling alone. I don't have to rush, try to please anyone else but myself and am able to do the things that I want to do. I TRY to hit the things I haven't before. I was able to spend a bit more time in the World Showcase, walking slower and observing more of the overall scenery, which I like to do.

I usually make an agenda to follow - modified as I go along. If I keep busy, I'm good.