Wedding Photography Trend Watch

Login to post comments
9 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
Online
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22123
Wedding Photography Trend Watch

While I get the concept I don't think I actually understand this new trend in wedding photography. I wouldn't want wedding pictures that showed something keeping the groom and I apart, it just seems like a bad omen to me. I'm not even crazy about the example photos that they used. Do you get this?

http://disneyweddingsblog.com/tips-trends/trend-watch/

Offline
Joined: 02/12/2012
Posts: 271

I actually really like it, you can feel the anticipation though the shot. I'm not so keen on the ones on that particular post but I have seen quite a few popping up in photo sessions through twitter, walls between the bride and groom etc, that feeling of being so close yet no quite touching, I'm a fan!

__________________

[url='http://salocainwonderland.blogspot.com']Saloca in Wonderland[/url] <--- blog!

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5419

I kind of like the idea behind it if you're not planning on seeing each other before the ceremony. We didn't do any like this because we did a private reveal a couple hours before the ceremony so that we could see each other for the first time in private and then we had plenty of time for pictures. There are a couple of seen of the bride and groom standing on opposite sides of a wall, each reading a letter from the other one. Those were really cute.

ChipnDaleFan's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/02/2010
Posts: 882

My friends did some of these before the wedding but didn't actually see each other- it's supposed to show excitement and anticipation- then they took some after the ceremony in the same spot but next to each other. They are cute. We didn't do any like this bc we were out separate houses since we got married at church, not at our venue.

__________________

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

dontthrowsand's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/28/2012
Posts: 359

It is cute but at the same time, I'd probably just get a bit too excited and try to peek

Becks534's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/17/2011
Posts: 273

Kristen K. wrote:
While I get the concept I don't think I actually understand this new trend in wedding photography. I wouldn't want wedding pictures that showed something keeping the groom and I apart, it just seems like a bad omen to me. I'm not even crazy about the example photos that they used. Do you get this?

I "get" it but I don't know that we'll actually do it. Senor Tradicional is really against doing the whole First Look thing. I like the idea of making physical contact (here, let me hold your hand for a second so I can calm down!) without actually seeing each other and the symbolism of we're always together in spirit even when we can't "see" each other. muchlove I remember hearing about another spin on the First Look where the groom brings the bride her bouquet and the bride has the groom's boutonniere to pin on for him. That said, I'm looking forward to knocking him on his behind when he sees me walking into the Wedding Pavilion.

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3709

Hubby and I did most of our wedding photos before the ceremony. No need to peek, we were standing right beside each other. I'm not superstitious, so I didn't give a rat's butt whether he saw me before the wedding.

But for those who don't want to see each other before the ceremony, I think this idea is cool.

Kristen K.'s picture
Online
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22123

Becks534 wrote:
I remember hearing about another spin on the First Look where the groom brings the bride her bouquet and the bride has the groom's boutonniere to pin on for him.

Sorta like Prom.
Hrmm... still don't think I'm a fan.

Becks534's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/17/2011
Posts: 273

Kristen K. wrote:
Becks534 wrote:
I remember hearing about another spin on the First Look where the groom brings the bride her bouquet and the bride has the groom's boutonniere to pin on for him.

Sorta like Prom.
Hrmm... still don't think I'm a fan.



That does sound like prom, now that you mention it. laugh I could have sworn the article I was reading said it had German roots and it was meant to symbolize the groom gifting his bride with abundance and other good, fruitful, have lots of babies kind of things.