What Disney Cruise Line boat would you choose?

Login to post comments
24 posts / 0 new
admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732
What Disney Cruise Line boat would you choose?

Now that the Dream is out, if you could choose any Disney Cruise Line boat to sail on, which would it be? I hear the Dream is much bigger than the Wonder and Magic, so some people are saying it's just too big for their taste.

Amerise's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/01/2011
Posts: 39

I would definitely pick the Dream! I think it looks amazing, to be honest. Now when it comes to houses, I prefer a modest size (no mansions for me!) But when it comes to cruise lines, the bigger, the better!

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Dream! Have to ride that Aquaduck!

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

Mase wrote:
Dream! Have to ride that Aquaduck!

I'll second that !

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Amerise's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/01/2011
Posts: 39

Tony wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dream! Have to ride that Aquaduck!

I'll second that !

I'll third that! It looks super fun Laughing out loud

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4650

Amerise wrote:
Tony wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dream! Have to ride that Aquaduck!

I'll second that !

I'll third that! It looks super fun Laughing out loud

I'll fourth that. Kudo's to Disney for bringing rides to Cruises.

__________________

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

It's hard to compete with an Aquaduck. Sorry Wonder/Magic. I have heard conflict reports about which has the better restaurants. What have you guys heard?

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4677

DREAM DREAM DREAM DREAM DREAM!

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

I think it would depend on the itinerary. While I would love to try Remy on the Dream, I'm more interested in the Magic and Wonder itineraries in Alaska/Europe (may have gotten that backwards.)

__________________

katrina1122's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/08/2010
Posts: 427

Dream for sure.

__________________

Wishin' I was at WDW!

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

Lizzy_B wrote:
I think it would depend on the itinerary. While I would love to try Remy on the Dream, I'm more interested in the Magic and Wonder itineraries in Alaska/Europe (may have gotten that backwards.)

Great point! I'd probably do whoever was going to Alaska

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

The Dream..seeing all the reviews on the Disney Food Blog has made me do some serious calculations about how I can possibly afford that!

__________________

mickey Bella


caitiesus's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 682

I have to say I LOVE the commercials for The Dream! Wall-E carrying the titles is awesome and my favorite part. How cool would it be if that actually happened?

Offline
Joined: 07/04/2011
Posts: 1

I was wondering if someone looking for the best Disney cruise line then Aquaduck is one of the best choice and Dream is also the better one which offers lots of magical shows for the kids including 3D cinemas also.

kayb's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/26/2011
Posts: 174

The Dream! Although if price wasn't an issue I would pick the European cruise hands down! mickey

Taswira's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/17/2011
Posts: 26

I'm a rare one who prefers the classic lines of the Magic and the Wonder. The new ships have smaller staterooms and too many passengers for my liking, plus basic design flaws affecting traffic flow, etc. I've never had kids and I don't care for the "theme park at sea atmosphere" (am an annual passholder on land - lol). If I wanted that, I'd be sailing Royal Caribbean. BUT . . .

DCL's new ships ARE "new and pretty" and, in my case, my only logical choice after next spring because they are the two that will be based in Port Canaveral, which is less than an hour's drive for me. They are just not my preference, for a variety of reasons.

Mirrasi's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/17/2011
Posts: 53

I would take any! The cruise lines are a huge dream for me. Not sure we'/ll ever be able to afford one though. But I always hope. mickey

DVC Mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/13/2011
Posts: 157

I've been on the Dream and adored it, however there's an appeal to having a smaller ship. I got lost on the Dream quite a bit, it really took all three days to figure out where I was supposed to be going.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4677

Taswira wrote:
I'm a rare one who prefers the classic lines of the Magic and the Wonder. The new ships have smaller staterooms and too many passengers for my liking, plus basic design flaws affecting traffic flow, etc. I've never had kids and I don't care for the "theme park at sea atmosphere" (am an annual passholder on land - lol). If I wanted that, I'd be sailing Royal Caribbean. BUT . . .

DCL's new ships ARE "new and pretty" and, in my case, my only logical choice after next spring because they are the two that will be based in Port Canaveral, which is less than an hour's drive for me. They are just not my preference, for a variety of reasons.

DVC Mom wrote:
I've been on the Dream and adored it, however there's an appeal to having a smaller ship. I got lost on the Dream quite a bit, it really took all three days to figure out where I was supposed to be going.

Those are some really interesting and good points. I am planning on adding a cruise to our 2013 trip (the big 5-0!!), and was thinking the Dream, but now I am thinking maybe the smaller ships for the reasons you both point out. We've never been on a cruise, so this would be our first.

Thanks for sharing your perspectives.

Opinions requested: for 2013, I'm planning 2 full weeks. What do people think about 7-8 days at a moderate, then a 3-4 day cruise, and then 2-3 days at the Grand Floridian to finish out the trip? I just can't logically justify spending the money for a full trip at the GF, but still would love to experience it.

So when I decided to add in a cruise, this idea of splitting it between the moderate, a cruise and then a deluxe came to mind. Wondering if anyone has done that, or has done the park-cruise-park again thing.

Trueblue63's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/18/2011
Posts: 111

JeffC wrote:
Taswira wrote:
I'm a rare one who prefers the classic lines of the Magic and the Wonder. The new ships have smaller staterooms and too many passengers for my liking, plus basic design flaws affecting traffic flow, etc. I've never had kids and I don't care for the "theme park at sea atmosphere" (am an annual passholder on land - lol). If I wanted that, I'd be sailing Royal Caribbean. BUT . . .

DCL's new ships ARE "new and pretty" and, in my case, my only logical choice after next spring because they are the two that will be based in Port Canaveral, which is less than an hour's drive for me. They are just not my preference, for a variety of reasons.

DVC Mom wrote:
I've been on the Dream and adored it, however there's an appeal to having a smaller ship. I got lost on the Dream quite a bit, it really took all three days to figure out where I was supposed to be going.

Those are some really interesting and good points. I am planning on adding a cruise to our 2013 trip (the big 5-0!!), and was thinking the Dream, but now I am thinking maybe the smaller ships for the reasons you both point out. We've never been on a cruise, so this would be our first.

Thanks for sharing your perspectives.

Opinions requested: for 2013, I'm planning 2 full weeks. What do people think about 7-8 days at a moderate, then a 3-4 day cruise, and then 2-3 days at the Grand Floridian to finish out the trip? I just can't logically justify spending the money for a full trip at the GF, but still would love to experience it.

So when I decided to add in a cruise, this idea of splitting it between the moderate, a cruise and then a deluxe came to mind. Wondering if anyone has done that, or has done the park-cruise-park again thing.

I've never done that, but it sounds like a great idea, the cruise to get R&R after a week at the parks, and then some luxury at GF to top it off.

__________________

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

JeffC wrote:
Taswira wrote:
I'm a rare one who prefers the classic lines of the Magic and the Wonder. The new ships have smaller staterooms and too many passengers for my liking, plus basic design flaws affecting traffic flow, etc. I've never had kids and I don't care for the "theme park at sea atmosphere" (am an annual passholder on land - lol). If I wanted that, I'd be sailing Royal Caribbean. BUT . . .

DCL's new ships ARE "new and pretty" and, in my case, my only logical choice after next spring because they are the two that will be based in Port Canaveral, which is less than an hour's drive for me. They are just not my preference, for a variety of reasons.

DVC Mom wrote:
I've been on the Dream and adored it, however there's an appeal to having a smaller ship. I got lost on the Dream quite a bit, it really took all three days to figure out where I was supposed to be going.

Those are some really interesting and good points. I am planning on adding a cruise to our 2013 trip (the big 5-0!!), and was thinking the Dream, but now I am thinking maybe the smaller ships for the reasons you both point out. We've never been on a cruise, so this would be our first.

Thanks for sharing your perspectives.

Opinions requested: for 2013, I'm planning 2 full weeks. What do people think about 7-8 days at a moderate, then a 3-4 day cruise, and then 2-3 days at the Grand Floridian to finish out the trip? I just can't logically justify spending the money for a full trip at the GF, but still would love to experience it.

So when I decided to add in a cruise, this idea of splitting it between the moderate, a cruise and then a deluxe came to mind. Wondering if anyone has done that, or has done the park-cruise-park again thing.

Jeff - I've never done it...but I think it's BRILL! And you should TOTALLY do it so I can live VICARIOUSLY!! mickey (Uh oh...I'm in super trouble with Joe again, aren't I?)

__________________

DisneyDee27's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/02/2012
Posts: 1600

JeffC wrote:
Taswira wrote:
I'm a rare one who prefers the classic lines of the Magic and the Wonder. The new ships have smaller staterooms and too many passengers for my liking, plus basic design flaws affecting traffic flow, etc. I've never had kids and I don't care for the "theme park at sea atmosphere" (am an annual passholder on land - lol). If I wanted that, I'd be sailing Royal Caribbean. BUT . . .

DCL's new ships ARE "new and pretty" and, in my case, my only logical choice after next spring because they are the two that will be based in Port Canaveral, which is less than an hour's drive for me. They are just not my preference, for a variety of reasons.

DVC Mom wrote:
I've been on the Dream and adored it, however there's an appeal to having a smaller ship. I got lost on the Dream quite a bit, it really took all three days to figure out where I was supposed to be going.

Those are some really interesting and good points. I am planning on adding a cruise to our 2013 trip (the big 5-0!!), and was thinking the Dream, but now I am thinking maybe the smaller ships for the reasons you both point out. We've never been on a cruise, so this would be our first.

Thanks for sharing your perspectives.

Opinions requested: for 2013, I'm planning 2 full weeks. What do people think about 7-8 days at a moderate, then a 3-4 day cruise, and then 2-3 days at the Grand Floridian to finish out the trip? I just can't logically justify spending the money for a full trip at the GF, but still would love to experience it.

So when I decided to add in a cruise, this idea of splitting it between the moderate, a cruise and then a deluxe came to mind. Wondering if anyone has done that, or has done the park-cruise-park again thing.

Hi JeffC, I'm doing 2 days at the parks, staying in the AoA then 8 on the ship -Fantasy, then 6 at the parks and back to the AoA. I'll let you know how it goes. One day I'll splurge on a week to ten days at AKL crossfingers

__________________

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Offline
Joined: 12/29/2011
Posts: 499

My DP, aka NHShorty, has been on 5 DCL cruises of varying lengths and she favors the 4 day.

I've always been ambivalent about cruising, but now thanks to DisneyDee27 (you're getting all the blame, Dee) I've gotten quite addicted to the Port Canaveral webcam. Seeing all those happy people waving from the ships while I am chained to my keyboard at work has started me thinking about setting sail. Do they let you water ski once they get out a ways?

DisneyDee27's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/02/2012
Posts: 1600

BuffaloBill wrote:
My DP, aka NHShorty, has been on 5 DCL cruises of varying lengths and she favors the 4 day.

I've always been ambivalent about cruising, but now thanks to DisneyDee27 (you're getting all the blame, Dee) I've gotten quite addicted to the Port Canaveral webcam. Seeing all those happy people waving from the ships while I am chained to my keyboard at work has started me thinking about setting sail. Do they let you water ski once they get out a ways?

Yay clapping blame Dee yay I'll take that blame any day. BB, you are gonna love it! I have happily been one of those people waving and my DW was able to get a screen shot of me waving...she wasn't on the cruise. I've cruised other lines and let me tell you DCL gets it right!

__________________

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.