What's Your #1 Can't Miss Snack?

Login to post comments
61 posts / 0 new
The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2936

ooohhhh, those cheeseburger eggrolls are so good. I recommend pairing with a Dole Float and a small dose of Lipitor.

The hot dog nuggets at Casey's are always a hit. Get, it? Casey's...hit? Recommended pairing, french fries.

Hot fudge sundae at Plaza Ice Cream served in whatever adorable Mickey Pants or Goofy Head they have at the moment. Recommended pairing, two spoons and 20 napkins.

And the moist, savory, salty, goodness of the WDW turkey leg. Recommended pairing, Diet Coke

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22483

TinkASL wrote:

Not always. I know exactly where Kristen's going with this. For example: chocolate covered strawberries. You take one bite (not the whole thing..that would be "vulture-like") and ALL of the chocolate coating comes off. Sure, that chocolate is now in the napkin you're holding under it, but now you just have a piece of slimey chocolate and a piece of strawberry. Then you have to bite the remaining strawberry and put that piece of chocolate in at the same time and suddenly you're a slob cause it's not pretty! I can see this same problem happening with the chocolate covered pineapple (though the idea sounds delicious!)

rolling
That is *precisely* what was going through my mind! I L-O-V-E chocolate covered strawberries, but the chocolate always falls off and it's down right annoying.

Offline
Joined: 03/22/2014
Posts: 552

Kristen K. wrote:
TinkASL wrote:

Not always. I know exactly where Kristen's going with this. For example: chocolate covered strawberries. You take one bite (not the whole thing..that would be "vulture-like") and ALL of the chocolate coating comes off. Sure, that chocolate is now in the napkin you're holding under it, but now you just have a piece of slimey chocolate and a piece of strawberry. Then you have to bite the remaining strawberry and put that piece of chocolate in at the same time and suddenly you're a slob cause it's not pretty! I can see this same problem happening with the chocolate covered pineapple (though the idea sounds delicious!)

rolling
That is *precisely* what was going through my mind! I L-O-V-E chocolate covered strawberries, but the chocolate always falls off and it's down right annoying.

laugh We're on the same page!!

__________________

Offline
Joined: 07/19/2013
Posts: 1556

Here's an article on the Pineapple Spear with a couple of photos. The pineapple is just so juicy and very refreshing.

Pineapple Spear

Offline
Joined: 03/22/2014
Posts: 552

Ok Ken...just for you I'm going to try one of these on our upcoming trip. I'll be sure to report back. Hey Kristen, maybe you should add this to your research!!

__________________

Offline
Joined: 07/19/2013
Posts: 1556

TinkASL wrote:
Ok Ken...just for you I'm going to try one of these on our upcoming trip. I'll be sure to report back. Hey Kristen, maybe you should add this to your research!!

awesome

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9432

KenJ wrote:
TinkASL wrote:
Ok Ken...just for you I'm going to try one of these on our upcoming trip. I'll be sure to report back. Hey Kristen, maybe you should add this to your research!!

awesome

I don't care what anyone says about them, they are damn good and I'll have them every time we we go! Chocolate falling off or not!

Offline
Joined: 07/19/2013
Posts: 1556

MrHub wrote:

I don't care what anyone says about them, they are damn good and I'll have them every time we we go! Chocolate falling off or not!

Yep! awesome

Offline
Joined: 03/22/2014
Posts: 552

To be clear, nobody said anything negative about them. No one questioned their deliciousness either...just questioned the "Chocolate Falling off of Fruit Effect", a very real and very annoying condition to some. silly I hope I agree with your opinions because I love both chocolate AND pineapple so I'm willing to give it a go! (Though after having had pineapple in Maui it's never been quite the same).

__________________

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3767

alicemouse wrote:
JMed wrote:
Popcorn (MK always seems to have the freshest)

Cheeseburger Egg Rolls - this is new and must have every trip!

Dole Whip

Where can I get a cheeseburger egg roll? That sounds delicious.

Mine is cream cheese stuffed pretzels...yumm!!!

Adventureland at a cart between POTC and Jungle Cruise. An order is 2. We always say just 1 order/ We sit there and go back for another, then another and then one more.... Poor CM last time would start getting them out as we got up and walked over! laugh

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

jtownpluto's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/29/2013
Posts: 337

School bread is a must for me.

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22483

KenJ wrote:
Here's an article on the Pineapple Spear with a couple of photos. The pineapple is just so juicy and very refreshing.

Pineapple Spear

I will totally add this to my research!

See, now that spear in the picture doesn't look so bad. There's a nice bit out of it without the chocolate completely falling off. Perhaps it's the size of the strawberries that is the problem. I think the length and shape of the chocolate covering the pineapple may make it so that it doesn't have the strawberry problem.

Hahaha! This absolutely needs some intense research.

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9432

Kristen K. wrote:
KenJ wrote:
Here's an article on the Pineapple Spear with a couple of photos. The pineapple is just so juicy and very refreshing.

Pineapple Spear

I will totally add this to my research!

See, now that spear in the picture doesn't look so bad. There's a nice bit out of it without the chocolate completely falling off. Perhaps it's the size of the strawberries that is the problem. I think the length and shape of the chocolate covering the pineapple may make it so that it doesn't have the strawberry problem.

Hahaha! This absolutely needs some intense research.

It also depends on the outside temperature, whether it is mid July or January, if you eat it right from the case or walk around with it in the sun. There is a huge range of scenario's that could change the outcome.

alicemouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/22/2013
Posts: 2832

JMed wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
JMed wrote:
Popcorn (MK always seems to have the freshest)

Cheeseburger Egg Rolls - this is new and must have every trip!

Dole Whip

Where can I get a cheeseburger egg roll? That sounds delicious.

Mine is cream cheese stuffed pretzels...yumm!!!

Adventureland at a cart between POTC and Jungle Cruise. An order is 2. We always say just 1 order/ We sit there and go back for another, then another and then one more.... Poor CM last time would start getting them out as we got up and walked over! laugh

Fabulous! Any idea what time they open that cart? I'll be finishing up Pirates at around 9:45 Wednesday morning. Think they'll be open?

__________________

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3767

alicemouse wrote:
JMed wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
JMed wrote:
Popcorn (MK always seems to have the freshest)

Cheeseburger Egg Rolls - this is new and must have every trip!

Dole Whip

Where can I get a cheeseburger egg roll? That sounds delicious.

Mine is cream cheese stuffed pretzels...yumm!!!

Adventureland at a cart between POTC and Jungle Cruise. An order is 2. We always say just 1 order/ We sit there and go back for another, then another and then one more.... Poor CM last time would start getting them out as we got up and walked over! laugh

Fabulous! Any idea what time they open that cart? I'll be finishing up Pirates at around 9:45 Wednesday morning. Think they'll be open?

Not sure, we have always grabbed them in the early evening... confused

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JanJ's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/14/2013
Posts: 1665

We tried them in the early afternoon, I think? I would expect they open by 11am. It's like eating a McDonald's cheeseburger in a spring roll wrapper. I could even taste the pickle! They were ok, but don't know if I'll have them again.

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

It would have to be a Funnel Cake!, but I can no longer have them
Next would be a Mickey's Ice Cream Bar though sometimes I go for the Minnie Strawberry Bar, and I can still have both of those!
We used to always get Carmel Popcorn at Sleepy Hallow too, but I don't think they have it anymore, but I LOVE the Werthers Carmel Popcorn in Germany, we got some fresh last time!

__________________

Disneylover21's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/02/2013
Posts: 325

For me it's either a dole whip or one of the pickles, those are so amazingly delicious!

AnnielovesDisney's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2013
Posts: 887

Each visit I have to have either a jalapeno cream cheese pretzel or a plain Mickey pretzel with a side of cheese sauce for dipping. My DH always has a sweet cream cheese pretzel. But he is trying the cheeseburger egg rolls for the first time next weekend and I suspect he's going to have a brand new must have snack after he's tried those eggrolls biggrin

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3767

Disneylover21 wrote:
For me it's either a dole whip or one of the pickles, those are so amazingly delicious!

Pickles??

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

DisneyMae's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/09/2015
Posts: 16

I didn't think popcorn could be special until I got some in MK right before a parade last trip. It was amazing. I don't know what the difference to the popcorn I make at home is, but I can't wait for the next time I can afford to cross the pond!

Also, School Bread. Last trip I decided to try a trolls horn instead and even now I'm wondering why I didn't just buy both... (Although I found the horn a bit disappointing, very creamy but couldn't taste much berry flavour?)

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9432

JMed wrote:
Disneylover21 wrote:
For me it's either a dole whip or one of the pickles, those are so amazingly delicious!

Pickles??

Yup, the pickles! I love the pickles! Especially on a hot day, an ice cold dill pickle is awesome. I turned Ken on to these this trip too.

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3767

MrHub wrote:
JMed wrote:
Disneylover21 wrote:
For me it's either a dole whip or one of the pickles, those are so amazingly delicious!

Pickles??

Yup, the pickles! I love the pickles! Especially on a hot day, an ice cold dill pickle is awesome. I turned Ken on to these this trip too.

I LOVE pickles, where do you find them????

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Mcheal's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/19/2011
Posts: 277

The dessert wine pairing at the Germany Pavillion

Belinda's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/09/2012
Posts: 771

I always have to have a carrot cake cookie. Yummers!

__________________

** BeLiNdA **

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9432

JMed wrote:
MrHub wrote:
JMed wrote:
Disneylover21 wrote:
For me it's either a dole whip or one of the pickles, those are so amazingly delicious!

Pickles??

Yup, the pickles! I love the pickles! Especially on a hot day, an ice cold dill pickle is awesome. I turned Ken on to these this trip too.

I LOVE pickles, where do you find them????

MK - Liberty Square Market, Prince Erics Village Market
EPCOT - at a kiosk between Mouse Gears at Mission Space next to the DVC stand.
Not sure were else you can get them.

They are only $1.59

BoBo713's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/16/2012
Posts: 380

So, over the years I've had added so many to my list of fine treats and ask "why have I never had this before!!!". Last vacation I had a caramel apple for the first time from Big Top Treats, huge fan now and corn from Liberty Square yum. The trip before it was cake pops from Main Street Bakery. It really is hard to just say one, but the thing I always look forward to and to be honest, schedule things around getting one........ a Root Beer Float.

__________________

BoBo

"Live well, laugh loud & love much"

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6603

JoAnn C wrote:
Dole whip

While I always have a Dole Whip at Walt Disney World. I have yet to have one at Disneyland. During my first visit, the line was too long when I found it. I was too busy exploring the park to wait in line. I planned on stopping back but never did.

When I went last month, I discovered there was a second line on the other side while waiting to go in to the Tiki Room. I didn't know if I would have enough time to eat before the show since most places don't allow food. I found out too late that I could have brought it in with me. Again, I planned on stopping back but never did.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

jw24's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/23/2013
Posts: 999

Two snacks tied for number one for me: Dole Whip and Premium Bar!

__________________

"All my life I wonder how it feels to pass a day, not above them but part of them.

And out there living in the sun, give me one day out there, all I ask is one to hold forever. Out there where they all live unaware, what I'd give, what I'd dare, just to live one day out there."

Ollie's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

Dole whip ALWAYS

Adult slushies in France!! (Grey Goose is best!)

Mickey Bar

Stuffed Pretzel in Norway

Each of these is my favorite at the moment It is in my hand. . .

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien