Will Disney Re-open In April 2020?

Login to post comments
10 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
Will Disney Re-open In April 2020?

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020/03/16/will-disney-world-really-reopen-april-1st/

With all things WDW things closing down due to COVID19, guests with reservations between now and the end of the month have had to reschedule their vacations. However two weeks is not enough time to stop an outbreak, it really only clears things through the first round of exposures. It's "15 days to slow the spread" not to be done with this crisis. Disney has been very responsible to this point in shutting down services for the good of the great community. It's hard for me to imagine that they are going to reopen in two weeks.

At the time of this post the CDC is recommending groups of over 50 people should postpone or call off their assemblies for the next *8 weeks*. That take us to the week of May 10th. My gut feeling is that DIsney Parks will remain closed at least through April, and possibly even longer.

When WDW opens back up for business is a crap shoot right now. Not even Disney knows how this is going to play out, because the truth is that NO ONE knows exactly what extent we are going to be hit. And by we, I totally mean the human race.

What are your feelings about what has been going on? Do you have a guess as to if the closures will be extended past the end of the month?

Kristen K.'s picture

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020/03/17/quarantine-gets-real-now-orlando-restaurants-have-to-ban-booze/

UPDATE: Today 3/17, Governor DeSantis announced the closure of all Florida bars and nightclubs for the next thirty days in an effort to keep people from gathering together to drink.

Allie's picture

We are holding off on cancelling our April 27th trip, but we're mostly do that to see if they reschedule the Moonlight Magics were were supposed to attend. We also have a May 1st cruise booked on the Dream and, right now, cruises that they have cancelled they are giving a full refund OR 125% cruise credit back to use in 15 months that I could put towards our May 7, 2021 cruise. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact we won't be going in April. It sucks, but I know it's for the best and Disney is making the right decision. And I know we will be back.

JanJ's picture

I booked FP's yesterday for our May trip. Holding out that we will make that one, but also expecting to cancel. Hoping to reschedule for August if we need to cancel.

We have not cancelled our April trip. But, my guess is they will not reopen till a June or July. We also have a trip booked in July. Honestly, I am not even convinced that will be a go.

JoAnn C's picture

I haven't canceled my trip next month, but I'm sure it's not going to happen. I booked another room for the end of May. Made some dining reservations today. If that doesn't happen, I'm not sure when I'll be able to reschedule.

We do have a September trip booked also. I certainly hope we do not have to be worrying about that one.

Spook's picture

JanJ wrote:
I booked FP's yesterday for our May trip. Holding out that we will make that one, but also expecting to cancel. Hoping to reschedule for August if we need to cancel.

I booked some fastpasses today for our May trip. I really hope we can go but I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

oHIo's picture

Feeling pretty confident that October cruise, pre and post plans will be just fine. I'll be able to make ADRs on April 5. Fast passes at the beginning of August.

Kristen K.'s picture

I've canceled my April/May trip, but I am hoping that WDW will be open again by mid-May. With all of the college program kids sent back they are going to have to rehire and that might take a minute. It's all kind of crazy to think about.

I plan on heading back to Orlando with Katie when she returns, right now I think that will probably be at the end of April. I'll be staying with her though so I will have to figure out what to do with the DVC points I'll need to use before December. I may just bank them and call this year a wash.