Your Most Artistic NON-DISNEY Pictures

Login to post comments
1266 posts / 0 new
Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

Wow -- what incredible and different shots, Zz!! I love this thread! Where's the first? Is the second in Chicago?

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

bali wrote:
Wow -- what incredible and different shots, Zz!! I love this thread! Where's the first? Is the second in Chicago?

That is along the Napali coast at Kauai. The second is Millennium Park in Chicago.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

ZapperZ wrote:
bali wrote:
Wow -- what incredible and different shots, Zz!! I love this thread! Where's the first? Is the second in Chicago?

That is along the Napali coast at Kauai. The second is Millennium Park in Chicago.

Zz.

Was that taken from the lookout point in Kokee?

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

cdub wrote:
ZapperZ wrote:
bali wrote:
Wow -- what incredible and different shots, Zz!! I love this thread! Where's the first? Is the second in Chicago?

That is along the Napali coast at Kauai. The second is Millennium Park in Chicago.

Zz.

Was that taken from the lookout point in Kokee?

It was a while back, but I think that was taken during a helicopter tour. Smile

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

A typical Midwest farm.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

That Napali Coast picture is amazing. Looks like the rock is fluid because it's "rippling." I've never seen anything like it.

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4657

OK Zz I give up what is it confused it appears to be some kind of copper coils. Some type of transformer possibly ? OR is it some kind of springs in commemoration of Spring starting TODAY at 1:32 PM yay

__________________

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

Vettelover wrote:
OK Zz I give up what is it confused it appears to be some kind of copper coils. Some type of transformer possibly ? OR is it some kind of springs in commemoration of Spring starting TODAY at 1:32 PM yay

This is a bank of capacitors and inductors (which are the coils) in our pulse-forming network (PFN). It holds the 10 kV signal that is sent to a klystron to tell it when to fire RF into the waveguides. Smile

But I much prefer the commemoration of the first day of spring, although you can't tell that by the weather here since we're getting a mixture of rain and snow today!

yuck

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

I hear you guys got up to 3.5 TeV!!

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

dsoup wrote:
I hear you guys got up to 3.5 TeV!!

Them guys at the LHC, not us guys. Smile

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

Iowa 80 - World's largest truckstop! Smile

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

World's Largest Truck Stop?!???!!

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

I couldn't find online by what criteria they were the "biggest." Is it by area of the parking lot? Of the interior?

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

Brad wrote:
I couldn't find online by what criteria they were the "biggest." Is it by area of the parking lot? Of the interior?

It could be both. After all, both of them are rather massive.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

A couple from my road trip to the Le Mans 24 hour race.

A few mates with the same car. (MG ZS180).
The MG SV that was also in our convoy. Ford V8 powered and a carbon fibre body.
Boarding the ferry to go home.

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

Zapperz -- Where in Kauai is that?! Looks like there's an event going on as well...

Tony -- I didn't understand half of what you just said, but those cars are COOL!

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

bali wrote:
Tony -- I didn't understand half of what you just said, but those cars are COOL!

Maybe I should explain...

A couple of years ago I went on a road trip and camping weekend to the Le Mans 24 hour race in France with a few mates. We had about 10 cars driving in convoy from the UK to the camp site. We had four MG ZS180's in the convoy, which is the car I was driving, it's a compact saloon (slightly smaller than the current BMW 3 series) with a big (for europe) V6 engine up front. We lined them up for a photo or two (top pic).
Our convoy also included a very exclusive MG SV coupe (middle pic). iirc only about 100 were built before the company closed it's doors in 2005.

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

bali wrote:
Zapperz -- Where in Kauai is that?! Looks like there's an event going on as well...

That was in Lihue. The "event" was a luau right at the Marriott where I had my conference.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

Gorgeous hawaii sunset pic, Zz

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

ZapperZ wrote:
dsoup wrote:
I hear you guys got up to 3.5 TeV!!

Them guys at the LHC, not us guys. Smile

Zz.

Yeah dsoup! ZapperZ is an ASTROLOGER! He knows about tarot cards and stuff, not hadron collisions! silly

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

Brad wrote:
ZapperZ wrote:
dsoup wrote:
I hear you guys got up to 3.5 TeV!!

Them guys at the LHC, not us guys. Smile

Zz.

Yeah dsoup! ZapperZ is an ASTROLOGER! He knows about tarot cards and stuff, not hadron collisions! silly

{ZapperZ smacks Brad with a large boson}

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

That looks like a lot of lakes in a not very wet area.

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2733

milliehubbard's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/25/2009
Posts: 489

Veru coolshot!! Wall Street??

__________________

Resorts

2017 AKL-Jambo House (May)
2017 Old Key West (Apr)
2016 Port Orleans Riverside (Oct)-Hurricane Matthew!!
2016 Old Key West (Aug)
2016 CBR (Jul)
2016 Art of Animation (May)
2015 Ft. Wilderness Campground (Oct)
2014 Sherwood Forest RV Park (Nov)
2013 Pop Century (Jul)
2012 Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress (Jul)
2011 Radisson Lake Buena Vista (Aug)
2010 Pop Century (Nov)
2009 PO Riverside (Jul)
2008 Pop Century (Apr)
2006-2007 FL residents: Hunters Creek 8 miles from the parks!!
2005 All Star Sports (Jul)
2005 PO Riverside/CBR/CSR (Apr)
mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

Nice pic. Guessing it's done with a slow synchro effect?

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.