Renewing your vows at Disney World

I've always wondered what it's like to have a wedding at Disney World, but I have one major issue in the way: I'm already married!

Luckily, you can still experience the joy, love and magic of a Disney World wedding with a vow renewal ceremony.

Renewing Your Vows At Walt Disney WorldRenewing Your Vows At Walt Disney World

Vow renewals at Disney World are done much the same way as weddings -- Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings is the division that oversees weddings and vow renewals at Disney properties all over the world -- even Disney Cruise Lines.

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings in Florida offers four types of ceremonies: the Memories Collection, a ceremony available only through May 2012 for the couple and up to four guests; the Escape Collection, a "pre-packaged" ceremony for 20 guests or less; the Wishes Collection, which is more customizable and can allow for more guests; and the lavish Couture Collection -- that's where David Tutera gets involved.

So, with that said, a vow renewal ceremony at Disney World could be as lavish or as intimate as you want, and not to mention - magical and creative!

Get some ideas for your future vow renewal over at the Disney Wedding Blog:

For those of you looking to plan a Disney World wedding or vow renewal, disneyfamily.com is running a contest called Happily Ever After. To enter, upload a photo and a love story: "Share your love story " tell us how you met, share your experiences from when you got married, tell us why you want a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding or why you want to renew your vows!" Click here to enter.

Have you ever thought about having a Disney World vow renewal? Or ahve you ever been lucky enough to attend a wedding or vow renewal ceremony at Disney World? Leave a comment below!

caitiesus wrote on Wed, 04/13/2011 - 19:15:

caitiesus's picture

I would LOVE to do this some day. But we should probably wait until our 20th anniversary instead of our second. I would love to hear about others doing it.

katrina1122 wrote on Wed, 04/13/2011 - 20:12:

katrina1122's picture

We could do it next year for our 10th and you could see it then. Of course, we'd need the money for that, lol. We'd love to do it too.

Kristen H wrote on Mon, 04/18/2011 - 05:33:

Kristen H's picture

Catie -- I'm just like you, we celebrate our second anniversary later this month. I mean, we'd have to wait til at least 5 years, right? But 10 or 20 would make more sense.

2andabit wrote on Mon, 08/08/2011 - 22:29:

We have a 20th coming up in two years! What a cool idea!

Nina wrote on Sun, 03/25/2012 - 13:08:

Nina's picture

Shannon - PRICELESS!!! And don't think that because my rseopnse only contains one word that that means less that what it does! It inspires one to see through your photos and blog that this type of connection still exists between a man and a woman. Then you add the children and WOW! I'm inspired!May 3, 2010 1:24 pm

Andrea wrote on Sat, 04/07/2012 - 10:32:

Andrea's picture

I'm currently planning a renewal of my wedding vows. I'd love
To do something like these but money is an issue how much
Would something like this be?? It would be an awesome idea!!!

Julie I wrote on Sat, 06/23/2012 - 11:16:

Julie I's picture

We renewed our vows at the Wedding Pavilion. It was so special because we had our two daughters in it! We took pictures on the beach outside the pavilion and in the background was Cinderella's castle. Whether you have a guest list of 100 or just 4, like us, Disney treats you like royalty.

debra wrote on Sun, 07/22/2012 - 20:53:

debra's picture

We're from the UK. Been to Florida 4 times and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Would be a dream come true to renew our wedding vows for our 25th wedding anniversary in May 2014 with the castle as the backdrop. Sadly finances won't allow it :'(

Laura wrote on Wed, 08/01/2012 - 01:21:

Laura's picture

Just wondering if anyone has renewed their vows and what the cost is for this? I really want to do this but I can not find anything about cost or how to go about doing this. Any information would be great!!!

Kristen K. wrote on Wed, 08/01/2012 - 15:35:

The vow renewal pricing is the same as any other Fairytale Wedding pricing. You pick the package that you would like (Escape or Wishes). Check out http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/

Penny :) wrote on Sat, 08/04/2012 - 02:25:

Penny :)'s picture

I have been looking ahead to doing this next year to~In August, 2013~~Our 1st Wedding was so special, just the two of us. One small regret was that both of my grown children couldn't be there because of work. My dream would be to do this next year, and bring the whole family...This way, My son's could re~new theirs all at the same time, that would be magical!

Cara Rodden wrote on Thu, 08/23/2012 - 21:37:

Cara Rodden's picture

I am looking to try and have a vow renewal for my parents who just celebrated their 40th Anniversary. They celebrated thier honeymoon at the Polynesian Resort and I would so love to have them renew at Disney. How expensive is it? Can my family be with them? OMG they are Disney freaks and would so love this!

Kristen K. wrote on Fri, 08/24/2012 - 17:36:

Hi Cara! All of that information about vow renewals can be found at http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/ I think that it starts about $10K and can go up from there depending on how elaborate you want it to be. Check out the Disney Weddings website for details. :-)

Heather wrote on Sun, 10/07/2012 - 21:46:

Heather's picture

I find this such an interesting topic and absolutely would love to renew my vows at Disney and will do it no matter what. I think the prices they charge are pretty hefty and probably well worth it, but not for me. I am planning to renew my vows on my 10th anniversary, which is still a few years away so I have some time to investigate and plan, but I'm wondering why more people aren't just renewing their vows on their own. I was thinking of finding someone to re-marry us, invite a few family members to come out and walk up to the castle and just have them re-marry us. I mean there will be people around, but it will still be special and way way way cheaper, then since I'm planning so far in advance I can plan my special dinner and have them add some little extras. I'm curious what others think of this plan and if you feel I would run into any issues? I feel this would save so much money, yet get me the vow renewal I am lookng for. I'm sure it will take a little more legwork on my part, but it's well worth the money saved.

Elizabeth wrote on Wed, 11/13/2013 - 05:01:

Elizabeth's picture

We are planning to renew our vows on our 10th wedding anniversary in February 2015! I hope it all comes together!

chasity wrote on Sun, 07/27/2014 - 14:01:

chasity's picture

We will be married 15 years next year...I would love to renew our vows at Disney

Paula wrote on Sun, 10/05/2014 - 22:28:

Paula's picture

i would love to do a vow renewal but only been married just over a year but my wedding day was nice but my hubbies sister kind of ruined my day cos what went on before wedding day to do with wedding which ruined it for me so want to do a vow renewal in next year or so so can wear my dress and enjoy the day this time. I cry when think back to my wedding day cos it had been ruined even before the day.

Kristen K. wrote on Mon, 10/06/2014 - 21:30:

A Disney Vow Renewal would be a lovely way to make that right Paula.

Michele Reed wrote on Fri, 07/17/2015 - 17:28:

Michele Reed's picture

My husband and I were married 10 years this July. We were very fortunate to have our wedding at Disney's Wedding Pavilion and small (6 people) reception at the Grand Floridian. We are planning to renew our vows this December in Florida by the same Reverend who married us 10 years ago. Unfortunately, we cannot afford the basic package ($2,500) Disney charges for their bottom tier package. So, as an alternative, we've opted to perform the vow renewal at an off-site property with a lake and gazebo and the photographer we've hired will be returning with us to Disney to do after photos at both Grand Floridian & Boardwalk! I think we are getting the best of both worlds! We are most honored that the amazing Reverend Kevin will be a part of it all over again!

Rachel Lines wrote on Thu, 08/06/2015 - 22:10:

Rachel Lines's picture

I am so hoping to renew our vows in 2021 as we will be celebrating 25 years, we had our honeymoon in Walt Disney world and loved all their 25yr anniversary celebrations and would absolutely love to combine our 25th with the parks' 50th saving the pennies already

Wilsin Y. Salvatore wrote on Tue, 02/02/2016 - 18:37:

Wilsin Y. Salvatore's picture

My husband and I had a Disney Wedding 15 years ago. It was amazing! We now have 3 beautiful boys and every anniversary we tell them how special it was. The people at Disney were fabulous! I didn't have to worry about anything because they were so great. I don't know if it was the magic of Disney, The blessing of God, or the fact that I am the most luckiest woman alive to have been blessed with 15 wonderful years of marriage. I still feel as though we are dating! I still get butterflies in my stomach when we kiss. He is the best and we are thinking of renewing our vows in Disney next year! So exciting!

Vicki Oakum wrote on Sat, 06/04/2016 - 15:38:

Vicki Oakum 's picture

Renewal of vows for 50th anniversary. We will only have 4 guests. Would love revow and small dinner reception. Unfortunately all are to expensive. Can I create my own

Kristen K. wrote on Sat, 06/04/2016 - 16:50:

Hi Vicki!

While I can't officially endorse a stealth vow renewal at Disney, I do happen to know that the occur frequently.

Jayne wrote on Mon, 01/02/2017 - 11:43:

Jayne's picture

Looking at doing a renewal this for our 20th in 2019 but all the packages are expensive for what we can afford would love to renew then with friends and family watching then spend the day in one of the parks with a meal. Is this possible?

Kristen K. wrote on Mon, 01/02/2017 - 17:05:

Officially, the only weddings and vow renewals allowed to happen at Walt Disney World are the ones officially sanctioned by Disney's Fairytale Weddings. All others are subject to being stopped. However - if you do some searching on google you'll find many creative ways that people have gotten around that. Dig a little deeper and I'm sure that you'll figure out a way that will work for you! Also, Sunsational Weddings offers some packages for Disney Springs locations that may better fit your budget. http://sensationalceremonies.com/locations-weddings/central-florida/inti...

Barbara wrote on Wed, 07/07/2021 - 02:11:

Yeezy Shoes
Jordan Retro 3
Louboutin shoes

Chenspi wrote on Sun, 07/18/2021 - 10:39:

Chenspi's picture

articles and other content march 18

kitchen bud holder who will be support is uncomfortable?

other kinds of , 2008

all of us could use most relaxing area much less folding reduced in the bathrooms. more and more relationship and fewer confusion inside laundry room properly progress that business people are attempting to get. Here is the answer to the prob.

Alex mason

the facts regarding maltreating rubbing alcohol

health articles oct 18, 2008

abusive drinking isn't just about people involved passionate. locate why way too much alcohol consumption [url=http://charmingdate-fake-or-not.over-blog.com/]charmingdate review[/url] is a trouble in the the latest or perceive the best way rapidly it could actually affect every day by ailment or perhaps a refreshment driv.

Read full ArticleHow to Tell economic climate the actual intoxicating

real , 2008

useful articles regarding how to tell a high level alcoholic or not.

Read entire ArticleLatent Semantic Indexing

sony ericsson search engine optimization , 2008

latent semantic indexing tallys a huge thing to do to your record indexing digest.

Tanny Lahav

5 simple actions relating to social bookmarking any website

internet commerce , 2008

figure out how to use social storage devices pages as well promote your new internet home business with this most excellent machine free.

Read your ArticleTips teaching you how to Save natural gas

cars , 2008

gas mileage via techniques or more generally known as passing of gas book marking guidelines are almost always the main point on most drivers' factors because of the looming oil and gas meltdown. in effect, It is defined as some.

Chenspi wrote on Sun, 07/18/2021 - 10:39:

Chenspi's picture

articles and other content march 18

kitchen bud holder who will be support is uncomfortable?

other kinds of , 2008

Alex mason

the facts regarding maltreating rubbing alcohol

health articles oct 18, 2008

Read full ArticleHow to Tell economic climate the actual intoxicating

real , 2008

useful articles regarding how to tell a high level alcoholic or not.

Read entire ArticleLatent Semantic Indexing