Food and wine 2014

Login to post comments
75 posts / 0 new
LouisianaMike's picture

amy1989 wrote:
don't know if anybody else has seen this but DFB has this article on with more info and they are expecting all booths and menus to be confirmed this week!!!!!

yay!!!! yay yay

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/07/20/news-discounts-early-booking-dates-eat-to-the-beat-dining-packages-and-sneak-peek-at-menu-items-from-the-2014-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/#more-111075

amy1989 wrote:
don't know if anybody else has seen this but DFB has this article on with more info and they are expecting all booths and menus to be confirmed this week!!!!!

yay!!!! yay yay

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/07/20/news-discounts-early-booking-dates-eat-to-the-beat-dining-packages-and-sneak-peek-at-menu-items-from-the-2014-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/#more-111075

Yep!! yay I'm excited about some of the new special events. I have just over a week to decide which events I'll attend. The Tequila luncheon is a given, but not sure which others we'll pick. I'd love to do the signature dinner at Raglan Road in DTD with chef Kevin Dundon (Oct. 02). The Parisian breakfast looks tempting, too.

So many choices..........So little time..... confused eek gaah

amy1989's picture

I have heard lots of good things about the parisian breakfast (never been myself)

as much as the special events tempt me I think my mam may go into meltdown if I add any more food into this holiday than what is planned!!!!

we did a culinary demo and mixology seminar last year and they were fantastic and not badly priced either!

hurry up September 25th!!!!!!!

EmFord's picture

amy1989 wrote:

yay!!!! yay yay

stars yeah yeah stars

Spook's picture

I really want to do the "Sunday mornings with...." Buddy Valastro (cake boss!). I love his show and would love to see him and sample his baking. Only problem is he's there October 19 which is the day we arrive. The event is from 10am-12pm so unless we arrive the day before, we'll miss him Sad
Also, it's $99 a person eek

amy1989's picture

for anyone who isn't currently stalking the Disney Food Blog page (I am stalking it right now I want menus!!!) they have just released the low cost food and beverage seminars

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-low-costfree-events-seminars-and-demonstrations/

Happy planning people!!!!

amy1989's picture

FULL FOOD AND WINE BOOTHS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-marketplace-booths-menus-and-food-photos/

well that's my afternoon sorted!!!! banana banana banana banana banana banana

The Watchmaker's picture

Too true Amy..Check these out..

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg242.69 KB
The Watchmaker's picture

Or this..

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg106.5 KB
The Watchmaker's picture

And this baklava.

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg150.39 KB
amy1989's picture

Watchmaker I have 58 food and drink items on my list!!!!!!!!

and that's before I work out which wines I want to try!!!!!!

I've never been so happy! plus check out the china booth I've had 3 of the 4 food dishes last year and my god I've been dreaming of them since!!!!

yay yay

EmFord's picture

I've been waiting for this!!!! I'm so happy its finally here! Someone tell my boss that I will be totally useless the rest of the day. Time to make lists.. yay yay yay yay yay yay

Allie's picture

Oh my gosh it all looks so good! I saw a video of them making the pepper bacon hash from the new Farm Fresh booth at a preview event and it looked delicious! Both the shrimp and rib eye tacos are back so I highly recommend adding that to your must do list. So good! muchlove The kimchi dog and pork belly sound fabulous, as well!

EmFord's picture

I'm kind of upset they changed the escargot to a tart and it now has bacon in it (which I don't eat Sad( ) Maybe they'll be able to make an exception for me... If not I think I'll manage as I made my list and I have 30+ food items that I have to try yay

jhugo's picture

Yeah food and wine list!!! Not what shall I plan to eat and drink.... biggrin

JoAnn C's picture

yay yay yay yay yay

Now to plan my attack.

JMed's picture

I went thru and hilighted at work today!!! Just handed Joe the copies and a different color hilighter!!!! I can't wait to go thru again! Totally made my day!!! yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

crazycatperson's picture

Topping my list are...

Africa: Beef tenderloin tips berbere style with okra, jalapenos, tomato and pap

Australia: Garlic shrimp with roasted tomatoes, lemon myrtle and rapini

Belgium: Potato and leek waffle with beer-braised beef

Brazil: Mocequa de pescado: Regal Springs premium tilapia with coconut lime sauce and steamed rice

Canada: Seared rainbow trout with bacon, frisee and maple Minus 8 Vinaigrette

China: everything!

Desserts and Champagne: nothing Sad

Farm Fresh: Griddled "yard bird" with braised greens (gluten free)

France: Creme brulee caramel fleur de sel

Germany: Roast bratwurst in a pretzel roll

Greece: nothing Sad although I suppose I could try the chicken gyro and hope it's better than it was last time

Hawaii: Tuna poke with seaweed salad and lotus root chips

Hops & Barley: Fresh baked carrot cake with Craisins(r) and cream cheese icing

Ireland: nothing Sad

Italy: Filetto di pollo, con funghi al marsala (which makes me happy because Italy usually doesn't have anything I want to eat)

Japan: everything!

Mexico: Rib eye taco (I'd like to try the shrimp taco, but I had an allergic reaction to habanero once so better avoid it)

Morocco: everything!

New Zealand: everything!

Patagonia: everything!

Poland: nothing Sad

Puerto Rico: Ensalada de carrucho

Scotland: everything! but I'll let hubby have the spinach-cheese gratin that comes with the scallop

Singapore: everything!

South Korea: everything!

Terra: nothing - I don't mind eating vegetarian or vegan, but I don't like fake meat

The Watchmaker's picture

Awesome choices crazycatperson..Poor Poland....I've a buddy who recently got married to a very pretty polish girl..He got married in Poland..There wasn't one food dish on the entire wedding menu he could stomach..It was either cold or cooked beyond edible eating..However he has settled down back in Scotland and his wife loves the fresh food that is available in the supermarkets..Anyway back to your choices..I've stole a few myself to try out.. awesome

oldtink's picture

My husband was shocked at how many beer flights there are this year, but he is limited to so many in our two day Epcot or he won't be able to function...LOL

I drooled at the food and he kept circling the beers. Ah well, at least they have something for everyone! biggrin

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

The Colonel's picture

http://www.chipandco.com/epcot-food-wine-2014-menus-booths-195069/?utm_source=wysija&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailynews

yeah baby!

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

The Watchmaker's picture

Good Thursday Morning..Although today is our anniversary, my thoughts as always are with my American cousins as we were in Los Angeles on 9/11/2001...But to a happier note..Today's food blog has a great review of what's available at this years food and wine festival..Worth a read..This South African delight is on my ever growing list..

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg211.11 KB
Magic Mirror's picture

*** thank you for thinking of us on 9-11 Watchmaker

The Watchmaker's picture

Magic Mirror wrote:
*** thank you for thinking of us on 9-11 Watchmaker

Never forget..God bless America...

Brinbunny's picture

Just been through the list - ummm I have listed a total of 27 things to try (6 are drinks) and I've favourited 14 (3 are drinks)

Does this sound like too much? I'm not sure how many I will try in the end but at least this way if I'm peckish I know where to head.

I wanted to ask - can I use snack credits for everything or are there only selected items included in the DDP? Will look into the prices and if an item is less than $5 I will pay cash for that and save my snack credits for the other parks.

amy1989's picture

Brinbunny wrote:
Just been through the list - ummm I have listed a total of 27 things to try (6 are drinks) and I've favourited 14 (3 are drinks)

Does this sound like too much? I'm not sure how many I will try in the end but at least this way if I'm peckish I know where to head.

I wanted to ask - can I use snack credits for everything or are there only selected items included in the DDP? Will look into the prices and if an item is less than $5 I will pay cash for that and save my snack credits for the other parks.

that sounds like a reasonable ammount!

usually you can use snack credits for all food items and some non alcoholic drinks your $5 rule for snack credits is the same as us anything under $5 pay out of pocket and use snack credits for anything $5 or more!

if you check out www.disneyfoodblog.com they should now have all the prices on and if its a snack credit

crazycatperson's picture

Okay, here is my official list (attached as a PDF file).

I've made a few changes since I posted my preliminary list above. The "yard bird" at Farm Fresh has unfortunately had to go because of its pickled habanero peppers - same problem as with the habanero sauce on Mexico's shrimp taco, I once had an allergic reaction to habaneros and need to avoid them. But thanks to the Disney Food Blog's review, I added the potato hash from the same booth. Also, I actually, amazingly, added something from the Poland booth simply because the photo of the sauerkraut pierogi and pork goulash on the Disney Food Blog actually looked half decent. But it, like the potato has mentioned above, is one of my lowest tier items, so there's a good chance I'll never get around to it.

All told I have 44 items on my list (!!!) not counting alcohol. But they're ranked in order of preference. I have 13 "must tries" (bold red on the list), 14 "should tries" (bold blue), 8 "might tries" (bold green), and 9 "if I get around to it" items (plain black text).

There are also quite a few adult beverages listed, but no, I'm not a lush, I just want to know what's where in case I get thirsty. I will definitely try at least one of the kirs and one of the sangrias, the Stella Artois cidre (never had it, want to try it), the Innis & Gunn beer (awesome when we had it at Raglan Road last week), the oldest of the Scottish whiskys (I'm not usually a whisky drinker but DANG the older stuff is definitely worth the higher price). At a couple of drinks per day, I might actually get to some of the wines on the list, also.

Those of you who are going before we do (November for us), please post what you tried and what you liked best. My list can be modified if need be.

PreviewAttachmentSize
food_and_wine_festival_prices_2014.pdf131.19 KB
EmFord's picture

CCP I remember reading on here that you are as obsessed with the tuna poke as I am.. Have you seen Disney Food Blog's updated picture of the Chirashizushi from Japan? Oh my it looks delish!

P.S. I would love to stand by the Japan booth and hear people try and pronounce that one while ordering laugh

Allie's picture

Oh my gosh it all sounds amazing! I'm so ready to live vicariously through all of you! It's a shame you have to skip the shrimp tacos this year...could you ask for it without the sauce?

crazycatperson's picture

EmFord wrote:
CCP I remember reading on here that you are as obsessed with the tuna poke as I am.. Have you seen Disney Food Blog's updated picture of the Chirashizushi from Japan? Oh my it looks delish!

Yes, I do love the tuna poke! It's part of the reason why we'll first circle the World Showcase going counterclockwise instead of our usual clockwise - I must have tuna poke as soon as we arrive.

I haven't seen the chirashizushi photo, but I'm sure it's awesome. And yet it's only a third tier item for me because the other items sound even more awesome. But the Japan booth is one place I will probably end up getting everything by week's end. I love Japanese food, and pretty much all Asian cuisines, for that matter.

Allie wrote:
Oh my gosh it all sounds amazing! I'm so ready to live vicariously through all of you! It's a shame you have to skip the shrimp tacos this year...could you ask for it without the sauce?

It's all good, I'll have the beef taco instead. I'm afraid the shrimp taco wouldn't be nearly as good without any sauce on it.

Brinbunny's picture

crazycatperson wrote:
Okay, here is my official list (attached as a PDF file).

All told I have 44 items on my list (!!!) not counting alcohol. But they're ranked in order of preference. I have 13 "must tries" (bold red on the list), 14 "should tries" (bold blue), 8 "might tries" (bold green), and 9 "if I get around to it" items (plain black text).

Those of you who are going before we do (November for us), please post what you tried and what you liked best. My list can be modified if need be.

Wow that is super organised! I have just a list with the prices and a couple of starred items for must try's. I have a lot of your 'blue' items on my list. Will be back end of October so will let you know.....