Hollywood Studios Expansion A Go?

Login to post comments
48 posts / 0 new
Offline
Joined: 07/22/2013
Posts: 15

ive heard this stuff but to be honest i think holly wood studios would be better off without it and maybe without the new cpt jack sparrow show and a pixar themed attraction in there. and little mermaid can become a pixar show\ride i think it could easily be a wall-e motion simulator ?

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23798

morgan flay wrote:
little mermaid can become a pixar show\ride

However, The Little Mermaid isn't a Pixar product - and now she has a new home in Fantasyland.

Offline
Joined: 07/22/2013
Posts: 15

Kristen K. wrote:
morgan flay wrote:
little mermaid can become a pixar show\ride

However, The Little Mermaid isn't a Pixar product - and now she has a new home in Fantasyland.

what i mean is get rid of little mermaid and make it into a pixar themed attraction

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2478

As far as I know, the lights are staying. We've been told that they would expand around SOA because of the lights. I've heard it both ways, Muppets is staying but getting moved and going away forever. Since Disney hasn't come out officially with what they're doing. Supposedly they announced this to the members of DVC.

disneydoc's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/27/2012
Posts: 2415

Mandy wrote:
As far as I know, the lights are staying. We've been told that they would expand around SOA because of the lights. I've heard it both ways, Muppets is staying but getting moved and going away forever. Since Disney hasn't come out officially with what they're doing. Supposedly they announced this to the members of DVC.

Nope, no DVC announcement that I am aware of......I can't see moving Muppets - seems costly, with that nice plaza and fountain set up.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23798

Mandy wrote:
We've been told that they would expand around SOA because of the lights.

awesome awesome awesome

Offline
Joined: 07/22/2013
Posts: 15

i think they could change the building in between sounds dangerous and american idol into a star wars meet and greet and sounds dangerous into a star wars interactive show kind of like turtle talk but with a different character each time . also change the back lot express into a Catina then change the stunt show indiana jones ride like in california but more on the movie

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2478

At D23 Expo they are announcing more Star Wars attractions but we don't know what they are or where they will go.

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23798

Mandy wrote:
At D23 Expo they are announcing more Star Wars attractions but we don't know what they are or where they will go.

For Hollywood Studios? I know they've been looking at expanding SW at DLR too.

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2478

They haven't announced where. Just Disney Parks and Resorts in general. They weren't very specific.

Eeyore's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/22/2012
Posts: 1120

Wait. Indiana Jones is going away?

I've actually never liked the hat. I thought it looked stupid. For so many years, the icon has been the water tower and walking in the park, the first thing you would see is the also iconic Grauman's Chinese Theatre. I was sad when they covered it up by the hat.

I hope they do not change anything to muppets! It's one of my favorite attractions!

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2478

There is rumor that they will take out Indi Jones and turn into something else.

The Muppets is currently closed for refurbishment.

disneydoc's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/27/2012
Posts: 2415

Mandy wrote:
There is rumor that they will take out Indi Jones and turn into something else.

The Muppets is currently closed for refurbishment.

I can see saying farewell to Indiana Jones. The time has past, although it was awesome when the movies were hot. Time to update.

And glad they are refurbishing the Muppets. Maybe unbolt the old guys and let them go to the bathroom. mickey

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Eeyore's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/22/2012
Posts: 1120

disneydoc wrote:
Mandy wrote:
There is rumor that they will take out Indi Jones and turn into something else.

The Muppets is currently closed for refurbishment.

I can see saying farewell to Indiana Jones. The time has past, although it was awesome when the movies were hot. Time to update.

And glad they are refurbishing the Muppets. Maybe unbolt the old guys and let them go to the bathroom. mickey

I wonder if they are doing this because the newest muppet movie is coming out March 2014? I agree, Indie has seen his time. Although I love the attraction, I think it has the potential to be something greater.

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2478

Apparently they are putting in new animatronics and I'm really hoping they update the ending with Kermit on the firetruck so the background people look like what we do. They aren't doing anything with the script because its what Jim Henson wrote. This is what one of the Muppets cm said but others are saying they don't know what they are doing and don't know when they'll re-open exactly even though everything says they will re-open on Sept 2.

Nancy D's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/29/2012
Posts: 754

Kristen K. wrote:
Mandy wrote:
We've been told that they would expand around SOA because of the lights.

awesome awesome awesome

Yee Haw! Let's hope that rumor's going to stick!!

morgan flay wrote:
i think they could change the building in between sounds dangerous and american idol into a star wars meet and greet and sounds dangerous into a star wars interactive show kind of like turtle talk but with a different character each time . also change the back lot express into a Catina then change the stunt show indiana jones ride like in california but more on the movie

I like where your head is, morgan flay! I really hope the rumors of The Cantina pan out! I really like your idea of the interactive Star Wars show, too!

Mandy, keep up the good Insider Intel! Smile

Offline
Joined: 11/15/2012
Posts: 905

Get rid of American Idol it is awful. Nice indoor space then!

__________________