Main Street Bakery replaced by Starbucks

Login to post comments
58 posts / 0 new
Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Yes... having good coffee in the magic kingdom with 2 kids will help the day go much more smoothly... lol

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

taratru's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 556

I firmly and completely believe it will be Starbucks coffee with Main St baked goods and I will be a happy happy camper. clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping

FINALLY, something NOT nescrape! Disney knows what they're doing here. I only need to look at the California park to know this shop will fit right in.

__________________

Magic Mirror's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/18/2012
Posts: 2994

I must confess, I'm a Starbucks - a - holic .....
and I would love a grande iced caramel latte skim
when at the parks! biggrin

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

I'm pretty excited about this! More so because I want to see how they make it all fit in. I'm confident that they will do it right.

We're not coffee drinkers but we are frappuccino-holics. Then again, at Disney we are really fond of the frozen cappuccinos they have there. yay

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

JeffC wrote:
I'm pretty excited about this! More so because I want to see how they make it all fit in. I'm confident that they will do it right.

We're not coffee drinkers but we are frappuccino-holics. Then again, at Disney we are really fond of the frozen cappuccinos they have there. yay

Yeah... but there Vanilla Bean Frapp is AMAZING! But I add 2-3 shots of espresso though... lol

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

I'm super excited about this! I was sorely dissapointed in the lack of good coffee at the parks when we were there, especially because we were go go go and got up early every morning and stayed up late every night!

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3709

This change makes no difference to me. I rarely drink coffee in any amusement park, and I eat bakery treats so infrequently that I doubt I would even notice the loss of one spot to get cupcakes or cinnamon rolls.

On the rare occasion when I get a cup of coffee at Starbucks, I order in plain English. "One small decaf, please." The staff is smart enough to figure out what that means in Starbuckese.

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Well everyone can rejoice... They just posted online that the mainstreet bakery will retain its name and theming and food and just serve Starbucks drinks... So everyone can be happy again Smile

__________________

Becca1005

Jess wrote:
Well everyone can rejoice... They just posted online that the mainstreet bakery will retain its name and theming and food and just serve Starbucks drinks... So everyone can be happy again Smile

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay
clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping
banana banana banana banana banana banana
yeah yeah yeah yeah

bighug Thank you for passing along this wonderful news, Jess! awesome

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

Jess wrote:
Well everyone can rejoice... They just posted online that the mainstreet bakery will retain its name and theming and food and just serve Starbucks drinks... So everyone can be happy again Smile

Haha!! Called it! yay

Thanks for the update, Jess!

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Called it as well

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Ollie's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

We are all so wise in the ways of Disney. . . yay

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline
Joined: 08/01/2012
Posts: 2037

Well thank goodness...a nice breakfast with a good cup of coffee. Can't beat it!

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Ollie wrote:
We are all so wise in the ways of Disney. . . yay

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2936

Starbucks definitely buys their food from food service providers. I don't care what they do as long as they don't mess with the themeing of MS Bakery. It works just fine at the Dole stand.

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

Jess wrote:
Well everyone can rejoice... They just posted online that the mainstreet bakery will retain its name and theming and food and just serve Starbucks drinks... So everyone can be happy again Smile

Just so everyone can read what Jess reported:

Quote:
UPDATE 11/12: Here's some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It'll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston's Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/starbucks-locations-at-magic-kingdom-park-epcot-set-to-open-next-year/

A lot of those people at various online forums that vilified Disney for this without waiting to see how this will turn out really need to chill out.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23740

ZapperZ wrote:
A lot of those people at various online forums that vilified Disney for this without waiting to see how this will turn out really need to chill out.

Zz.

awesome

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

ZapperZ wrote:
Jess wrote:
Well everyone can rejoice... They just posted online that the mainstreet bakery will retain its name and theming and food and just serve Starbucks drinks... So everyone can be happy again Smile

Just so everyone can read what Jess reported:

Quote:
UPDATE 11/12: Here's some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It'll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston's Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/starbucks-locations-at-magic-kingdom-park-epcot-set-to-open-next-year/

A lot of those people at various online forums that vilified Disney for this without waiting to see how this will turn out really need to chill out.

Zz.

Too true

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

BoBo713's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/16/2012
Posts: 380

Awesome, our first day tradition is still on..... and I can now get a good coffee with my MASSIVE cinnamon roll.

__________________

BoBo

"Live well, laugh loud & love much"

didyoucall911's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/07/2012
Posts: 246

So I can be happy that the bakery stays, yet sad cause it will be closed when I'm there in January.

__________________

senseicj's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2010
Posts: 807

Can't they just bring the coffee in and leave the bakery alone?

__________________

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Ollie's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

BoBo713 wrote:
Awesome, our first day tradition is still on..... and I can now get a good coffee with my MASSIVE cinnamon roll.

There are few things as spectacular as this combination!!

Gotta say I am pumped. . . And Mase's vignette of happy-dancing strikes a particularly appropriate note!! mickey

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Ollie wrote:
BoBo713 wrote:
Awesome, our first day tradition is still on..... and I can now get a good coffee with my MASSIVE cinnamon roll.

There are few things as spectacular as this combination!!

Gotta say I am pumped. . . And Mase's vignette of happy-dancing strikes a particularly appropriate note!! mickey

I think they are still moving the cinnamon rolls to Gaston's Tavern though but i could be wrong

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Jess wrote:
Ollie wrote:
BoBo713 wrote:
Awesome, our first day tradition is still on..... and I can now get a good coffee with my MASSIVE cinnamon roll.

There are few things as spectacular as this combination!!

Gotta say I am pumped. . . And Mase's vignette of happy-dancing strikes a particularly appropriate note!! mickey

I think they are still moving the cinnamon rolls to Gaston's Tavern though but i could be wrong

Could be in both places?

And yes... gotta love the happy dances Ollie! lol

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Nancy D's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/29/2012
Posts: 754

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Mase is right about Disney continuing to bake their own goods rather than bringing them in like a traditional Starbucks store would. If Kristen's right and they're just offering brewed coffee, and not the whole espresso machine whoo-wa to make lattes and such, then hopefully it won't be lines-out-the-door, all hours of the day. I know a lot of folks will be flocking there, but it won't take them as long to pump a cup of coffee than it would for them to whip up lattes for the masses. I'd also read that they'll still be in period costumes, and that the whole store will blend in (ha...we're talking about coffee, and I just said "blend"!)

And seriously, no matter what brand of coffee's your fave...you gotta admit that ANYTHING is better than Nescafe!

Ollie's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

I am also quite hopeful that they will use local goods. In Seattle, they contract with Top Pot for their doughnuts and fritters.

Oh, and Top Pot has like a cult following here. . . Awesome pastries and baked goods. Their old-fashioned doughnuts are especially AWESOME!
awesome

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

Ollie wrote:
I am also quite hopeful that they will use local goods. In Seattle, they contract with Top Pot for their doughnuts and fritters.

Oh, and Top Pot has like a cult following here. . . Awesome pastries and baked goods. Their old-fashioned doughnuts are especially AWESOME!
awesome

Yeah, the campus locations in Philly have items from some local bakeries as well. Especially vegan ones. Basically, if a community has a taste for something, Starbucks works to make it happen.

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!