2012 Condo Association Meeting

Login to post comments
5 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
2012 Condo Association Meeting

DVC News has a summary up from last week's condo association meeting, here is my sum up of their sum up. I'm very excited to hear of the bedding changes at that coming. I know that it's a small thing, but I really dislike bedspreads. Also I am THRILLED that they will be keeping Top of the World open for all DVC Members, there are some blackout dates though. What are your thoughts?

~Budget Increases for DVC as a result of staffing costs & benefit increases, upgraded bedding, tax increases

~Grand Floridian is on track, still no solid beginning date for sales. Picture of the model villa was shown.

~Bedding changes coming for most DVC Resorts
Disney plans to eliminate the heavy bedspreads in most resorts and replace them with a "triple sheeted" bedding which is becoming the industry standard. Bedding will consist of three layers: a flat sheet, a blanket and a designer top sheet.

~Top of the World Lounge access will continue for all DVC Members

~New Member Merchandise being explored

Jess's picture

Yay about the bedding...I hate those bed spreads

Vettelover's picture

The bedspreads are the first thing to get taken off and tucked into the closet area when we get there. USUALLY the mousekeepers get the hint and leave them off when they come in on the fourth day or whenever it is. Smile

Kristen K.'s picture

It sounded like the new bedding would be rolled out over 2013-14. All I know is that I really hope they get Wilderness Lodge done by June!

Jess's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
It sounded like the new bedding would be rolled out over 2013-14. All I know is that I really hope they get Wilderness Lodge done by June!

Rolled out.... Hahahaha... Lol