2013 Holiday Trip

Login to post comments
124 posts / 0 new
Mandy's picture

Yummy!! I loved the one bread they had at Boma. It was so delicious. I've been keeping an eye out for you!

Mandy wrote:
Yummy!! I loved the one bread they had at Boma. It was so delicious. I've been keeping an eye out for you!

Look for me at Epcot today. We will be attending the DVC Merry Mixers at World Showplace this afternoon. We also plan to stay for Illuminations tonight.

Zz.

No longer an active member.

Mandy's picture

I'll be at Studios tonight.

Having lunch at Tokyo Dining. Epcot isn't as busy as it was a couple of days ago.

Zz

We are in line for the DVC merry mixer. Glad we got here an hour early. The line got longer very rapidly.

Zz

We are sitting down at Italy waiting for illuminations. I was going to start posting photos from today, but the wi-fi here is so flaky. I'm losing connection every few seconds. So photos will have to wait till either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Weather right now is almost perfect.

Zz.

Well, it was a bummer ending to a fun day. When we left our Illuminations viewing area after the show, I twisted my ankle walking down the steps and fell. I think everyone in the group was ready to call one of the cast members to get me some medical treatment, but after a couple of minutes, I decided to try and walk it off. It got better as we walked to the car, but of course, there was a bit of a swelling by the time we got back to our room. I tell ya, I have enough ice brought to me to have a figure-skating party!

The ankle feels better this morning, and the swelling has come down. So I think I'll live. We will be doing a bit of walking this morning since we will be doing MK, but I think I'll try to limit my walking a bit at least the rest of the group do what they want while I park myself somewhere in between our Fastpasses.

Anyway, we started yesterday at Downtown Disney. This is the lovely tree in Downtown Disney during the day.

When we got to Epcot, we decided to do an early lunch at Tokyo Dining.

This is my Ginza combination dinner.

After lunch, we walked around World Showcase a bit before it was time to stand in line for our DVC Members Merry Mixer at the World Showplace

We had refreshements, treats, entertainment, and characters meet-and-greet.

Santa's helpers were checking their list to see who has been naughty and who has been nice. I was in the naughty list (yes!).

We received our Merry Mixer gifts as we left. The ornament this year is very nice! I'll snap a photo of it later.

Zz.

OK, so here some of the photos from last night's Illuminations with the holiday tag. We were sitting down at the island in Italy.

After the show, I took a photo of Italy from our viewing area.

It was after this that I twisted my ankle. Oy, I need to pay attention to where I walk!

Today is our final full day here at the Most Magical Place on Earth. We fly back to frigid Chicago late afternoon tomorrow. Ugh!

Zz.

finngirl's picture

You take the best fireworks photos Zz! I hope your ankle holds up today, and you can finish your trip in style.

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

Vettelover's picture

Sorry about your ankle, hope it's feeling much better today. crossfingers

MrHub's picture

Hope you heal fast Zz! Nice pics!

Thanks everyone. The ankle is holdng up well. I try to sit down often. But now we are standing in line for philharmagic.

Zz

Your fireworks pics are stupendous! Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about your ankle - be sure to ace wrap it before getting on the plane tomorrow - it's sure to swell (sorry the nurse in me comes out frequently!). Enjoy your last full day! mickey

Mandy's picture

First aid should be able to help you with your ankle if you wish and they can call paramedics for free also to take a look at your ankle as well if needed. That's if you want the help.

Treating ourselves on our last night here. We are having beignets at Port Orleans French Quarter. I'm covered with powdered sugar!

Zz.

Good morning. It's our final morning here at the Most Magical Place on Earth. We fly out late afternoon today. We are almost all packed, and surprisingly, everything fit in the luggage. I don't even have to use the extra duffle bag that I brought.

Yesterday, we started the day at the Magic Kingdom.

As soon as we got in, we hit the important first attraction of the day, the Starbucks!

We then did Philharmagic.

On the way to do Buzz, we saw the ongoing construction of the Dwarfs' Mine ride.

After Buzz, it was time for a rest (and for me to get a few minutes of nap time) by going on Carousel of Progress.

We then had lunch a Columbia Harbour House. I had my usual, the grilled salmon.

We then went to Thunder Mountain Railroad. The still don't have the walls of the cave moving during the final climb.

We haven't done Country Bears Jamboree in a gazillion years, so we decided to do it. I wish they would bring back the Holiday version during this time of the year.

Soon, it was time to leave. We probably won't be back before August next year. So goodbye, Magic Kingdom! See you some time next year!

In the evening, we went to Port Orleans French Quarter for dinner..... oh well, who am I kidding? We went there mainly for the beignets! Smile

These will be my last report with photos while I'm here. I have a few more to upload after I get home, and some personal impression of the trip.

Zz.

Sam

Looks like you had a great trip! I love the fireworks photos! Those beingets made me really hungry!

"This Experience Includes: Dark Places and Scary Dinosaurs" -Dinosaur AK

Gorgeous final day at WDW. We are at studios. Already did star tours and not-so-great movie ride. Waiting for our fastpass time at ToT.

Zz

MrHub's picture

Great report Zz!

mrhub wrote:
Great report Zz!

Thank you.

We are at MCO right now waiting for our flight home. Everything appears to be on time so far.

It felt like the 8 days flew just like that. Our vacation is over! Sad

Zz.

Vettelover's picture

Have a safe and uneventful trip home.

Eeyore's picture

Have a safe trip home! Yea, vacation seems to fly by and work creeps by...slowly...how does that happen! haha

Magic Mirror's picture

I am just catching up....saw you hurt your ankle eek

Hope it is continuing to heal gaah

And yes....Chicago stunk....13 degrees when we landed at Midway whoopdedoo

We are home, we are tired, and we are cold! It was 11 degrees (F) when we landed.

Thanks for the best wishes. My ankle is still slightly swollen. I'll give it some TLC now that I'm home and don't have to hurry to the next attraction.

Zz.

Spook's picture

Welcome home!

disneydoc's picture

Thank you for a great report z! Hope your ankle gets better....and 11 degrees is brutal by Georgia standards!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

On our last day, I had to look out of the balcony of our room just to savor one last look at the beautiful weather, knowing that by early evening, I will be in frigid Chicago. The weather couldn't be any more perfect.

We spent our last day at the Studios. This is the tree at the entrance to the park.

Let's see, now what did we do? We did ToT, Star Tours, Great Movie Ride, Muppets 3D, and we had photos taken with Phineas and Ferb. I'd say it was a very good morning and early afternoon before we had to leave for the airport. One last goodbye to Studios on the way out.

It was a really fun trip. I have videos to edit, and a few more photos to post. I also have my personal impression and opinion about the My Disney Experience, the magic band, the FastPass Plus, and the shebang.

Zz.

Shopping? Did we do any shopping? Oh boy, did we ever!

On this trip, we bought quite a few stuff, but the ones that we did spend quite a bit of money on were more Disney ornaments, as if we need anymore. So I thought I show you some of the ornaments that we bought. All of them are on the Disney tree already, and I could almost hear my poor tree groaning with the extra weight that I'm putting on it.

This one is my favorite. It's the Haunted Mansion ornament. The only problem is that there's so much to see both front and back!

Sticking with the Haunted Mansion, I saw this ornament of the Hitchhiking Ghosts only at ONE location, and they had only 3 left (we bought 2). I collect Hitchhiking Ghosts, so this one was grabbed by me almost immediately.

We now switch gears with Nightmare Before Christmas. This is a very nice one of Jack. I can use this one for both Christmas and Halloween!

This one is the mayor. Much like the Haunted Mansion ornament, both front and back should be seen here.

I decided to buy this one just because I couldn't resist myself. It is so cute, and it looks like a lot of fun. Besides, as a grownup, I am not ashamed to say that I ride Dumbo almost every time I'm here.

This next one is self-explanatory, since we collect Donald. It also has an Eastery feeling about it.

During the DVC Member Merry Mixer, we received this ornament as a parting gift. This year, it is a good one.

Zz.

Magic Mirror's picture

My MIL bought me the Haunted Mansion Ear/Hat..I love it!
and it glows in the dark eek

*spooky*

biggrin

Eeyore's picture

Awesome ornaments!