2014 Dining Plan

Login to post comments
8 posts / 0 new
h0ney227's picture
2014 Dining Plan

So I was just looking at the participating restaurants on the dining plan for next year and I noticed there are a lot less participating restaurants this coming year. The Disney food blog site says that it will update it as they come out but Ive noticed it hasn't been updated in quite some time. I'm pretty dissapointed int this considering all my reservations are made and now 2 of my reservations are not on the list.

Eeyore's picture

They do that every year. Give it a little bit and most restaurants will be added. A lot of restaurants in Disney, especially EPCOT, are owned by other management companies and they have to decide to be apart of the dining plan. Negotiations can take longer sometimes. Usually, but mid January, most restaurants are on the list.

h0ney227's picture

Thanks Eeyore. My two that are not on the list are located in EPCOT so that makes me more hopeful and we are going in March so the negotiations should be done by then.

Eeyore's picture

Yea. I had the same issues last year because I wanted to make ADRs and they were not on the list yet. Last year, it was mid January when most restaurants were added on. mickey

h0ney227's picture

yay I was worried there was no hope since its almost Jan. I didn't realize it took them so long haha.

Breaufam's picture

When I saw this post I had to look at our January ADRs to see if the restaurants were not on the dining plan list. We are covered with the exception of Portobello's in DTD. I'll keep an eye on the list to see if Portobello's is added before we go, if not we'll wing it with another choice.

Good luck, H0ney227. crossfingers I hope your trip is magical. mickey

Kristen K.'s picture

This is not unusual at all. For the past several years the information wasn't out until January. The contracts don't have to be in until the very end of the year, the new restaurants will be back on the list shortly. The Disney Food Blog peeps are keeping a close eye on it and will update their information as soon as it's released.

Don't worry, it will get much larger. mickey

h0ney227's picture

Breaufam wrote:
When I saw this post I had to look at our January ADRs to see if the restaurants were not on the dining plan list. We are covered with the exception of Portobello's in DTD. I'll keep an eye on the list to see if Portobello's is added before we go, if not we'll wing it with another choice.

Good luck, H0ney227. crossfingers I hope your trip is magical. mickey

Good luck to you as well Breaufam! biggrin