2014 DVC Member Cruise

Login to post comments
7 posts / 0 new
2014 DVC Member Cruise

OH MY GOD!

We were warned by our friends who have been on one of these that they sell out very quickly, so we were as prepared as we could get.

It took us 1 hour and a half to get this! The phone lines opened at 9:00 am Eastern this morning. We were already dialing a few minutes before they were supposed to open, hoping to get into a queue, but the lines were not open. We kept dialing, and dialing, and dialing... and then, BAM! At 9:00 am Easter, we got busy signals! Holy crap!

So the two of us kept dialing and dialing and dialing... suddenly, I got a text message that our friends who were also going on the cruise got in. They got to the point where they were on hold, waiting for an available customer service. The wait times were ridiculous, at least half and hour. In the meantime, we were still trying, on our house phones and our cell phones.

Suddenly, as my fingers were getting tired of dialing, I got through on my cell phone! Of course, we were in a holding queue, but at least, we're in! It was 10 minutes into waiting when our friends finally got to speak to a customer service to place their reservation. And they also checked if she could do ours and would be willing to speak to us through their phone. She graciously said that she would after she did their reservations!

I still kept our queue in the hold since I want to make sure we got in, while my other half dealt with this. So as she promised, after she did our friends, we did a phone-to-phone connection and she took down our reservation. Our first 2 choices for staterooms were all gone. Luckily, our third choice was still available. By the time we got our reservation number, it was 90 minutes since we started all this madness this morning.

To make a long story short (or is it long already), we are going on our first ever DVC Member Cruise next August!!

All DVC Member cruises are always special. They have VIPs, imagineers, and most importantly, gifts and gifts every single day of the cruise. The cruise website even suggested that we have an extra luggage to bring back all the goodies that we will get every single day!

Anyone else here have done the DVC member cruise and have any words of wisdom?

I can't wait already.

Zz.

No longer an active member.

Mandy's picture

Yay!! yay yay I really want to go on one. They sound so much fun! Take plenty of pictures!! I think that sets Disney aside from other travel companies. I don't know if other companies would allow that or would do that. Yay!!! clapping clapping clapping

MrHub's picture

Congratulations Zz! I thought you had done one of those before? I get the e-mails for them all the time, but we never did one. Never did a Disney Cruise at all. Glad you got in though.

mrhub wrote:
Congratulations Zz! I thought you had done one of those before? I get the e-mails for them all the time, but we never did one. Never did a Disney Cruise at all. Glad you got in though.

No, never have done the Member Cruise, just the regular Disney Cruise.

They had 2 member cruises in 2013, but it seems that there will be just one in 2014, and it will be on the Disney Dream. I'm waiting for the actual confirmation number (we only have a temporary confirmation number right now) to arrive in 2-3 weeks and then I want to book for Palo for one of our dinners. Chocolate souffle, here I come!

Zz.

No longer an active member.

MrHub's picture

Chocolate souffle! Sweet!

I'd like to one someday! congrats

Jackie mickey

Kristen K.'s picture

Whoo hooo! Congrats! We considered trying but it was just not going to work out. I'm so excited that you made it in!