2014 WDW Holiday Trip

Login to post comments
150 posts / 0 new

At the Osborne lights

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg216.52 KB

No longer an active member.

Having dinner at Artiste palette at SSR. We plan on walking to downtown Disney later.

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg165.18 KB

Good morning.

This looks to be another gorgeous, clear, sunny day at the Most Magical Place on Earth. This will be our last full day here at WDW. We leave mid afternoon tomorrow.

We will be touring the Epcot resorts this morning, before going to Epcot to do a few attractions. We have a dinner reservation at Trails Ends at Wilderness Campgrounds, and will then tour the holiday decorations made by guests staying there. We couldn't do that last Monday because it was raining.

Can't believe our week here is almost over! Sad

Zz.

At the Boardwalk

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg230.15 KB

At Beach Club

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg178.31 KB

Having lunch at Beaches and Cream

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg175.51 KB

The tree at the Yacht Club

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg208.51 KB

Nautical decorations at the Yacht Club.

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg191.28 KB
image.jpg
image.jpg147.16 KB
image.jpg
image.jpg191.63 KB

Chilling out on a perfectly gorgeous day.

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg123.22 KB

Relaxing at the Starbucks on the West Side and watching the balloon

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg202.27 KB

We are back at the resort, getting ready for Wilderness Campground. DD was PACKED this afternoon with the good weather and being on a Saturday.

Zz.

At Ft Wilderness campground waiting for our reservation

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg197.21 KB

We had just finished packing most of our stuff. Definitely need the duffle bag to hold stuff that we bought.

Had a wonderful time at the campgrounds. Will post later of the electric carts parade.

We will spend the morning at DAK tomorrow before making our way to the airport early afternoon.

Zz.

oHIo's picture

Great trip report ZZ!! I'm sorry yours is coming to an end. Mine will begin in four weeks and all your pictures have only increased the anticipation. Have you started planning the next one? mickey laugh

MrHub's picture

Very good report Zz, safe travels home!

Spook's picture

Loved reading your live report! Safe travels tomorrow and can't wait for more picture awesome

Thanks everyone. We are doing last-minute packing before we leave our room this morning. I can't believe everything fits into the two luggages and the duffle bag and still be under 50 lbs each!

oHIo wrote:
Great trip report ZZ!! I'm sorry yours is coming to an end. Mine will begin in four weeks and all your pictures have only increased the anticipation. Have you started planning the next one? mickey laugh

Unfortunately, we haven't. There is a group of friends going in June next year, but we haven't decided yet if we will join them. At this point, we are also considering using some of our DVC points and converting them to a week with RCI and using them for a non-Disney vacation. Shocking, I know.

Zz.

One final look out of our room. Why does it have to look this perfect, darn it?!

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg149.32 KB

Spending our last day at DAK

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg254.52 KB

Last-minute shopping at the Outfitters

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg213.82 KB

We are on the road to the airport. Our holiday trip is over!! Sad

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg116.69 KB

Allie's picture

Aw what a bummer that it is over! sad Hope you fully enjoyed your last couple of days!

I'm still trying to recover from the trip. Had to go into work yesterday and it was rough!

So here's another brief report. This one is on the Haunted Mansion-related items that we bought. That Momento Mori store is DANGEROUS! I collect the Hitchhiking Ghosts, so that will explain a couple of the items that I bought here.

This one is an action figure set of the Hitchhiking Ghosts. It glows in the dark!

This is an ornament set. As soon as I finish posting this, I'm taking them out of the box and hanging them on the Disney tree.

This last one is an ornament set of the singing busts. I couldn't resist it. They too will go on the tree as soon as I finish this.

Zz.

Allie's picture

Ok, I need those Haunted Mansion ornaments. Like yesterday.

EmFord's picture

Aw I didn't see the singing busts when we were there but if I had I definitely would have bought them. So cool!

EmFord wrote:
Aw I didn't see the singing busts when we were there but if I had I definitely would have bought them. So cool!

The one that we got, i.e. the busts, we're not at Momento Mori, but rather at the Bay View gift store at the Contemporary. Go figure! They did not have the identical item at Momento Mori because I checked.

I should also show you the Haunted Mansion napkins that I bought, but they are in the washer right now. I got those at the Co-Op marketplace. Can I just say that that store is extremely dangerous to my credit card? Holy cow!!!

Zz.

EmFord's picture

ZapperZ wrote:

I should also show you the Haunted Mansion napkins that I bought, but they are in the washer right now. I got those at the Co-Op marketplace. Can I just say that that store is extremely dangerous to my credit card? Holy cow!!!

Zz.

Omg the Centerpiece store in the Co-op seriously tested my resolve. I was planning whole room remodels and designs just from one step in that place.

I mentioned earlier of the Haunted Mansion napkins that I found at the Co-op Marketplace. Here it is!

I couldn't resist it since it featured the Hitchhiking Ghosts prominently.

I hope to use the napkins next year during Halloween.

Zz.

MrHub's picture

ZapperZ wrote:
EmFord wrote:

The one that we got, i.e. the busts, we're not at Momento Mori, but rather at the Bay View gift store at the Contemporary. Go figure! They did not have the identical item at Momento Mori because I checked.

Zz.

Zapper you are quite correct about the Co-Op store. We were in there also just a few weeks ago and need I tell you there is a crap load of Tiki stuff coming home in January with us!

Hey everyone,

I haven't finished with posting on this trip report yet, and intend to continue soon. It has been a tumultuous few weeks. I had to go out of the country unexpectedly over the holidays because my dad was not doing too well. A couple of days ago, just a week after I came back home, he passed away.

I'm doing fine and just need some time to get back into the spirit of things.

Zz.