January 2018 - Our "Relaxing" Family Trip Pre-Trip Report

Login to post comments
11 posts / 0 new
Allie's picture
January 2018 - Our "Relaxing" Family Trip Pre-Trip Report

FastPass day was today so it's time to put together a Pre-Trip Report!

This one's just going to be me, Jon, and Penny and we are planning on going much slower paced. It will also be our first time with park hoppers (well...annual passes technically) in a long time so we're excited to be able to go wherever we please whenever we please. Penny is receiving this trip as her Christmas gift so she doesn't know she's going yet. Planning on giving her a box with her Magic Band, a countdown, and a new princess dress in it on Christmas morning. muchlove

Lots of new dining for us this trip! Everything bolded and italicized is a new experience for us!

Saturday, January 27th

We have a 1:17pm flight out of MSP and will be landing at 5:33pm. The first half of our trip we will be staying in a Royal Guest Room at Port Orleans Riverside. We've stayed at French Quarter before and loved it so we're looking forward to this! No plans this night other then getting dinner at the River Roost Lounge to catch our first Yehaa Bob performance.

Sunday, January 28th

Penny has a Pirates League appointment this morning at 10:25am. She loved Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique when we were there in November and she's really been into pirates lately so I think she'll love this. She has a pirate costume she wore for Halloween that she wanted to wear on our November trip because otherwise "how will they know on the Pirates ride that I'm a real pirate?" laugh We have a lunch reservation for The Plaza Restaurant at 11:15am (pushing it, I know eek hoping I can get a slightly later time) and FastPasses are for Cinderella/Elena, Rapunzel/Tiana, and Big Thunder Mountain.

Monday, January 29th

PPO breakfast at Garden Grill this morning at 8:05am with hopes to get a head start on the crowds for Soarin', Joy/Sadness, and Baymax. Penny really loves meeting characters, can you tell? FastPasses are for Living with the Land, Seas with Nemo, and Frozen Ever After. Dinner reservations are at Boatwrights at 7:40pm.

Tuesday, January 30th

Starting the day at Hollywood Studios for a couple of hours with FastPasses for Toy Story Mania and Tower of Terror. Lunch is at Epcot at Tokyo Dining and we have the Tomorrowland Dessert Party this night with the garden view for our first time ever seeing Happily Ever After. So excited! yay

Wednesday, January 31st

Today we're moving to Animal Kingdom Lodge! stars We're going to sleep in a bit, eat breakfast at the Riverside Mill, and check out the Riverside pool a bit before checking out. Lunch is at 1:30pm at Frontera Cocina (LOVE me so Rick Bayless) and then we're planning on hitting up the pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge and dinner at Mara. I have evening Kilimanjaro Safaris and Na'vi River Journey FastPasses if the urge strikes us.

Thursday, February 1st

PPO breakfast at Be Our Guest* at 8:00am for a hopeful head start on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Peter Pan's Flight. If not, I do have FastPasses for both of these attractions plus Big Thunder. A late lunch is planned at Nine Dragons at 1:40pm.

*have done lunch and dinner at BOG but never breakfast

Friday, February 2nd

Today is the first day of our trip that Splash Mountain will be open from its refurb. I know it will be cold, but Penny loved this ride on our last trip and it is my favorite so we will brave it. FastPasses are for Enchanted Tales with Belle, Big Thunder (Penny also loves this ride, have you noticed?) and Splash Mountain and we have dinner reservations at Rose & Crown at 7:55pm.

Saturday, February 3rd

Last full day sad FastPasses today are for Kilimanjaro Safaris, Na'vi River, and Expedition Everest. Hopefully getting in some more pool time today and we have dinner at Jiko which I'm super excited about!

Sunday, February 4th

Breakfast reservations at Boma* this morning and then checking out. We have a 6:40pm flight out this night, but if Magical Express is still doing a 4 hour prior pickup like they changed to on our November trip, we might consider paying for private transportation. We have TSA Precheck so there is just no reason for us to be getting to the airport three hours prior to departure. No FastPasses made for this day and we're not even positive we'll go to the park or if we'll just explore the resort, so we'll see!

*have done dinner at Boma but never breakfast

JoAnn C's picture

sounds great. I love trying new restaurants.

JMed's picture

Sounds like a fantastic trip! Love all the new experiences. I just booked a couple for our Christmas trip. TRYING to keep it kicked back since it will be Christmas.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on AKL! We love it out there.

And another big yay yay on the APs!!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Allie's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
sounds great. I love trying new restaurants.

Same! I'm having a hard time not just reverting to old favorites but there are so many I still want to try!

JMed wrote:
Sounds like a fantastic trip! Love all the new experiences. I just booked a couple for our Christmas trip. TRYING to keep it kicked back since it will be Christmas.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on AKL! We love it out there.

And another big yay yay on the APs!!

Thanks! We've visited AKL numerous times but never stayed there. We're so excited! We technically upgraded to AP on this last trip but didn't utilize the Park Hopper option since the rest of my family didn't have PHs.

I just realized we don't have any character dining this trip! eek eek eek That's a first for us, too!

Kristen K.'s picture

Allie wrote:
Penny is receiving this trip as her Christmas gift so she doesn't know she's going yet. Planning on giving her a box with her Magic Band, a countdown, and a new princess dress in it on Christmas morning. muchlove

How wonderful! I love it. I was considering doing a blog post about how to present gift trips and I just may steal that for my post. awesome

Spook's picture

Sounds like a great trip! I Love Garden Grill breakfast muchlove

JoAnn C's picture

Allie wrote:
I just realized we don't have any character dining this trip! eek eek eek That's a first for us, too!

You have Garden Grill. You are covered.

Allie's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Allie wrote:

You have Garden Grill. You are covered.

Oh you're totally right! I missed that one.

Spook wrote:
Sounds like a great trip! I Love Garden Grill breakfast muchlove

Can you believe we've never done Garden Grill?! I know it's a favorite of yours (and many) so we're very much looking forward to it!

Kristen K. wrote:
Allie wrote:
Penny is receiving this trip as her Christmas gift so she doesn't know she's going yet. Planning on giving her a box with her Magic Band, a countdown, and a new princess dress in it on Christmas morning. muchlove

How wonderful! I love it. I was considering doing a blog post about how to present gift trips and I just may steal that for my post. awesome

Thanks! I don't think she fully understands how far away our October trip is and how much closer this trip will be, so I hope she's excited by it!

Allie's picture

6 days! Magic Bands are all painted! We each have three this time with our split stays and APs!

Hey, it's your Leave Week!!! HORRAY!!! clapping yay awesome mickey

Belinda's picture

yay clapping WOO HOO - It's almost here!! mickey

** BeLiNdA **