Adams Family Trip 2/13/11 to 2/19/11

Login to post comments
25 posts / 0 new
KristiA's picture
Adams Family Trip 2/13/11 to 2/19/11

I will make this first part quick, I am at work. yuck

2/13/11: We got up at 5 am pst, as the shuttle was pick us up from the house at 6:40am. Hubby and I are NOT morning people, but with FL at the end of the flight, it made getting up easy. Our flight was to leave John Wayne Airport (OC, CA) at 8:40 am. First bit of magic, as we are getting to our seats on the plane, a little woman jumps out infront of me and throws her arms around me. Ends up, one of our friends, has a job interview in Tampa and the first leg of our flight, she is sitting next to me! Quick lay over in Houston (1 1/2 hours), just enough time to get some grub. We land at MCO at 7:19ish pm. Its a LONG day of flying, but the end result was so worth it. We walk very quickly over to Magical Express and check in, only waited about 5 minutes and we were on our way. I had done the online check in for POFQ, not that registration is packed at 8pm at night, so we get our room assignment (4240), a refurbed room (!). However, they still need to do something about the pillows in that place. We dropped our carry-on luggage in the room and head over to the Magic Kingdom bus stop. They had extra magic hours, so the park was open until midnight. By the time we get through the turnstiles, it didn't feel like I was grumpy and tired from a day on airplanes. Hubby wants to eat at Pecos Bills for dinner, their BBQ sandwich is so yummy! Since we were in the area, we go over to Big Thunder, the line was less than 10 minutes long, we did it twice. A quick walk over to the Haunted Mansion, the line again was less than 10 minutes, this ride also required riding twice. Space Mountain left a bad taste in our mouth last trip. We decided to try it again, then head back to the resort. Once again, not a fan of the Space Mountain in Magic Kingdom. The cars are so uncomfortable, there is no music (atleast not that I could hear)and way to bumpy. It reminds me of the Matterhorn here at home. Got back to the resort and collapsed. The next day was Epcot, so we needed our rest!

PreviewAttachmentSize
mickeytowel.jpg
mickeytowel.jpg121.51 KB
bali's picture

Oh, great trip report so far!! It's always fun when you can actually get into a park and ride some rides on the first night there! And I love the bedspreads at POFQ! How adorable! Can't wait to see more pics of the refurbed room clapping

May 2008 CSR mickey

Vettelover's picture

Great trip report, I muchlove all the little details you put in, anxiously awaiting more, Thanks.

YAY! TRIP REPORT! Thanks! And I agree with your take on Space Mountain.

admin's picture

Love the report so far! Great pic!

Brad's picture

We almost always get to WDW early in the day. The rare times we have arrived late have been really interesting. Good that you got there early enough to get some food! Great trip report so far!

KristiA's picture

Day 1:

We got up mildly late, about 9ish. Jumped in the shower then had to wait for the hubby. eek Now, I dearly love my husband, he takes forever to get ready. Thank goodness he did this day. Its Valentines Day! While he was in the shower, there was a knock at the door. Seems the flowers I ordered (gotta plug Disney Floral and Gifts here, they were GREAT), were being delivered. Just as hubby is getting out of the shower, I told him I was going to run down and grab some soda. While I was out, I was hoping he would notice the flowers. He did not. waiting So, out the door we go to head to Epcot, still he did not notice the flowers. Stopped at the Sassogula Float Works for the Mickey Waffle and we head to the bus stop. Finally at the bus stop, he looks at me with a grin and thanks me for the flowers. What a dork, but I love him!

We hit Epoct about 11:30 am. I prepaid for the photopass CD, so I plan on hitting every photopass person I see. We have some great photos of Spaceship Earth, and we are even in them this time! We head over to The Land Pavillion and jump on the little plant tour. We then we did the 12:45 behind the seeds tour also. I highly recommend it, it was a ton of fun and really interesting. Our tour guide was the fish girl, her words. So we got to feed the gators, bass and talapia. If you get to do it, I would recommend standing back from the bass tank when you drop in the pellets.

From there we headed to the World Showcase. Starting in Mexico, stopped in La Cava De Tequila, hubby had a Blood Orange Margarita, quite yummy, I opted for the Avacado Margarita, good but not quite as yummy. Norway, one of my favorite pavillions. We had to go on Malestrom, then over to Kringla. Last time I had one of the sweet pretzels, quite good. However, the School Bread is now my favorite snack in the whole of WDW. We were strolling along, hubby having some different drinks in the different countries, even though this day was NOT the drink around the world day. We went shopping in Japan, as our son was watching the dogs while we were gone. While I was in the grocery section, my hubby was over picking up a stuffed Totoro for me. Unfortunatly, I walked over just as he was paying, and he was not able to surprise me with it. He was mildly miffed at my timing. We got to France and I squealed. Literally squealed. Aurora was out with Prince Phillip. Yes the line was long, but Phillip is NEVER out. We were told, as it was Valentines Day, all the princess's had their princes with them. Being the fool that I am, when it was our turn, I could barely get out two words to Prince Phillip. The pictures from this event, are my favorite from the trip. We then headed over to Canada, as we had dinner reservations at Le Cellier at 7:30. We checked in early for every reservation and got seated instantly, it was wonderful. Dinner was great. Hubby had the filet and I had the Kansas steak. As we are not fans of Illuminations (which from reading boards seems to be the wrong opinion), we headed back to the resort to get some sleep.

All and all a very good day at Epcot.

PreviewAttachmentSize
chcolatemousse.jpg
chcolatemousse.jpg58.65 KB
Brad's picture

I wouldn't call not liking Illuminations "Wrong," just "unusual." laugh

Anything in particular you don't like about it?

WyckedPhoenix's picture

Awesome trip report! I can't wait to hear more and see more images.

*Jennifer Lynn* NDW #38

Check out my blog at Jennifer's Disney Adventures

cdub's picture

Blood Orange Margarita sounds great! I may have to try that next time. Great TR!

SpaceAce's picture

Another great day in the World! Sounds like you guys had a really relaxing time! I'm so glad you got the chocolate moose; I think it's great when grownups get that dessert (cause I'm not sure how anyone could eat a full adult dessert after Le Cellier!).

Blood orange margarita sounds wonderful awesome

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

KristiA's picture

Brad - maybe I just didnt understand the concept of the story. We did watch it again, but just dont get the appeal. Makes it way easier catching the bus to the resort!

SpaceAce: I ate just the mousse's snout, didnt touch the head, except for the eyes. The Kansas is HUGE, but yummy.

cdub's picture

KristiA wrote:
Brad - maybe I just didnt understand the concept of the story. We did watch it again, but just dont get the appeal. Makes it way easier catching the bus to the resort!

Dodging the post-fireworks crowd can be hard to resist after you've seen the shows a few times. DW still loves to watch the fireworks, but I hate crowds so we always have to compromise.

Bella's picture

Great TR!!! I bet you had so much fun!!

mickey Bella

KristiA's picture

Okay, enough lagging on my part. wink

2/15/11

Animal Kingdom Day! We were up pretty early, about 6:30am. Condsidering hubby drank pretty much around the world on Monday, I was impress he was up this early. Thank goodness for the fridges in the rooms! I did a small order with Garden Grocer for our energy drinks. I dont drink coffee, so cold caffine it is! We had dining reservations at Tusker House for breakfast at 9:40, so I wanted to be to the park for rope drop. We almost made it! We were in line for the bag check, when we heard Mickey and Minnie go by(maybe next time). I have to admit right here, last time we were at WDW, I did NOT like this park. It was hot, and it was crowded, and no place in this park seems to have any AC. We got our locker and headed over to Tusker House. Along the way hitting every photopass person we saw. Breakfast was so much fun! I knew I wanted to eat here, so I was guaranteed to meet Daisy. We got great pictures, many thanks to our waitress who took the pictures with hubbys camera. I dont understand why they dont have photopass people at the charater meals. After breakfast we went off to Asia. Got a wonderful little magic picture where I have Tinkerbell in my hand. There was only a 20 minute line for Everest, so we hopped in line. Last time we had a FP, so we didnt see the que. What an amazing story it tells, I think I like the que better than the ride. When the loading on the train, I think the CM helping us is the tallest person I have ever seen. He was 7'1", I asked. I am sure he gets it all the time. From there we walked around a bit. We had never been on Dinosuar, so we headed over there. The wait was about 10 minutes. We had never been on this before. What a great ride! Its my favorite in the whole park. I dont know where they take the picture, but I looked terrified. I was laughing so hard, I had to buy the picture. We walked the forest trails, looking at the animals. Still not thrilled with this park. Aside from Dinosaur, I dont know what I would go back for. Hubby feels the same way. About 4pm, we decided to head over to the Magic Kingdom. We had reservations for the Wishes Dessert Party. Hubby was hungry, so we popped into Cosmic Ray's. What a delight this place is. The food was great, love love love the entertainment. To let the food settle and make room for dessert, we watched County Bear Jamboree, one of my favorites. I was so sad when they took it out of Disneyland. We then strolled over to COP, and I was singing that the rest of the night. 7:30 time to check in for the Dessert Party. If you have not done this, and enjoy the firework, I *highly* reccommend it. The desserts are decedant and the view is stunning. We got some great pictures of the castle all lit up. Once Wishes ended we sat on the terrace for a bit to try to avoid some of the crowd. Made it back to the resort in a decent amount of time and hit the hay. It was a long day, but a ton of fun.

I got my photopass CD this past weekend. I will put them up on a photoshare website, along with what my hubby took, and attach the link.

Lizzy_B's picture

Wishes dessert party sounds so fun! Have you done Kali Rapids at AK?

KristiA's picture

Lizzy_B wrote:

I have not. Hubby does *not* like getting wet at theme parks. I had to drag him on Pompeii at Bushe Gardens in Williamsburg.

KristiA's picture

Going to make the rest of this report quick.

2/16/11 : Drink around the world day!! Got to Epcot about 11 am. Had lunch at the Electric Umbrella. Got our Kimmunicator and started in England! We learned at Le Cellier, the beer in Canada does not agree with the hubby.
Doing Kim Possible while Drinking Around the World is so much fun. It times things out, and we did a ton of fun stuff! With stops here and there to have pictures taken. Dinner was the Biergarten. Not our favorite. The food was not authentic enough. Stumbled back to the resort and crashed!

2/17/11: Hollywood Studios! Made rope drop! There is a first time for everything. The first photopass guy we saw, we asked if he had any of the magic photos. We spent a good 45 minutes with him getting pictures. We got Mickey/Minnie/Lilo on a park bench, Stitch scarfing icream on a table and the Balloons! I swear we have about 6 pictures with balloons and I love them all. We had Mama Melrose's for lunch, Fantasmic package. Loved it! The flatbread pizza is to die for. I had not really read anything good about this place, but I think it was my favorite. Smile The Fantasmic package is wonderful. I didnt feel any rush to get to the ampitheater and the seats were good.

2/18: another Epcot day! We got to the park about 11 (our re-occuring arrival time) and went over to Mission Space, orange. I still dont know how I make it off that ride without puking. I love it, but my tummy does not. We did everything in Future World today, as we had not really done anything but walk past it earlier in the week. Dinner at Rose & Crown. Like Germany, this was okay. I dont know if it because we have a ton of pubs where we live, but I expected more. I know they have to cater to a bunch of different tastes, but I had hoped the food would be authentic.

2/19: Magic Kingdom/Airport: We got to MK about 8:15 (EMH), walked briskly to BTMRR, no wait! We went on it several times and grabbed a fastpass. Breakfast at Crystal Place. This was so much fun! The food was great and I love Pooh and the gang! My fav picture from the trip is here. I was with Piglet and Tigger photobombed us! I didnt see the picture till we got home and its so cute! After breakfast we went on Big Thunder (again) and Haunted Mansion a couple of times. ME picked us up about 2 from the resort.

What a shock to go from 80 degree weather (which I miss) to 27 degree weather (chicago), thank goodness it was just a layover, but it was cold!

Got home about 10:30pm PST and crashed.

I am so ready to go back!!

Thank you for taking the time to read this!!

Bella's picture

KristiA wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:

I have not. Hubby does *not* like getting wet at theme parks. I had to drag him on Pompeii at Bushe Gardens in Williamsburg.

My hubbs is the same way..I finally talked him into Kali once and we didn't get wet. He refuses to ever go again because of karmic synergy. That and the fact that I once spent a good 30 minutes spraying people from the bridge above. He figures we're due.

mickey Bella

dsoup's picture

Thanks for posting Kristia! Great TR!

WyckedPhoenix's picture

Great TR!! I can't wait to see some of your pictures.

*Jennifer Lynn* NDW #38

Check out my blog at Jennifer's Disney Adventures

Brad's picture

I kind of enjoy getting wet on the rides, it's the walking around wet that I could do without.

Lizzy_B's picture

Awesome wrapup, Kristi!

I don't mind wet on hot days...but I skipped Splash Mountain and its no line temptation a couple of weeks ago. Too chilly, and I knew it would be the one time I got drenched. (I thought of your Splash Mountain Love, Bella. And DH is right. You are TOTALLY due.)

cdub's picture

Way to finish your TR! I think we should get a badge or something if we finish our TRs!

KristiA's picture

I feel like I cheated with the last few days of the report. oh well. :grin: