Becks534 Kidnaps Kristen K. For A Spring Break

Login to post comments
42 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture

After the Outdoor Kitchens opened we headed back to World Showcase. Our first stop was Urban Farm Eats, which had some seriously tasty things on the menu and we were hungry. I spent a bunch of time checking out the surrounding planters and displays. I had seen a video a couple of weeks prior that said when Disney wants to increase the traffic to any garden they discovered that all they needed to do was add herbs and produce. It was obvious in the plantings here that Urban Farm Eats is all about fresh, natural foods that you can grow yourself.

Urban Farm Eats Food

I ordered a Watermelon Salad, Crabless Cake, and Pork Tenderloin, as well as an Urban Fairy Cocktail. Everyone thought the food was pretty good, Bekah and Carlos thought that the Crabless Cake was the real winner of the bunch, Becks was excited to be able to eat this because she's allergic to seafood. I liked the Pork Tenderloin best because it seemed like real comfort food to me.

Urban Farm Eats Seared Pork Tenderloin Urban Farm Eats Watermelon feta Salad Urban Farm Eats Crabless Cake

The real surprise was how refreshing the Urban Fairy Cocktail was. If you haven't tried anything made with Absinth before because you don't like black licorice, you might still enjoy this cocktail. It was light and more herbal than licorice like, with fresh flavors of cucumber and mint. It was very well balanced, and I could have easily drank another.

Urban Farm Eats Urban Fairy Cocktail

danijrod's picture

That picture you posted of Epcot where the monorail is coming over with the all the colours of the plants in the water and on the bank may be my favourite picture of Epcot. The colours are so vibrant Smile

Thanks for sharing looking forward to reading more awesome

Allie's picture

Ok how have I not caught this Muppet Mobile Lab?! I didn't even know this was a thing! But now you and a friend of mine have both posted pictures and I have to see this next trip!

JoAnn C's picture

I started looking at the food offerings for the festival today. I haven't seen the Muppets in Epcot yet. Hopefully, next month.

Kristen K.'s picture

Next up we stopped at Pineapple Promenade. Carlos had the Spicy Pineapple Dog, Geordon got a Dole Whip with Rum, and I had the Violet Lemonade. I absolutely loved the Violet Lemonade, I could drink that all year long.

Pineapple Promenade Food Geordon at Pineapple Promenade

Moving towards Canada, we made a stop at Northern Bloom. Beef Tips and Nanaimo Triffle, bother were good. While everyone else in my group loved the deep rich flavor of the Nanaimo Trifle, I wanted to taste more like a Nanaimo Bar than it did. I think that it had too much of the deep dark chocolate and not enough of the buttery custard. The custard that was used had too light of a flavor to stand up to the chocolate. If I hadn't been expecting that custard flavor though, I would have thought it was amazing.

The beef tips were good, but the mash that came with them was really amazing.

Northern Bloom Outdoor Kitchen Northern Bloom Beef Tips & Nanaimo Triffle Canada Pavilion Bambi and Thumper

I took a few more pictures of Canada.

Canada Pavilion Totem Pole Canada Pavilion Totem Pole

We made our way over to the United Kingdom, where the Gardens were amazing. The UK Pavilion is home to the Winnie the Pooh Topiary, Peter Pan and Tinker Bell Topiary, A Fairy House collection, the Shakespeare Garden, and the Twinings Tea Garden. There's just a tone of wonderful festival stuff happening here. It is also home to Cider House - which I missed out on, but Becks visited, so maybe she'll chime in.

Piglet and Eeyore Topiary Rabbit Topiary Epcot UK Pavilion Epcot UK Pavilion Tink & Fairy Homes Peter Pan Topiary Epcot UK Pavilion Shakespeare Garden Twinings Tea Garden Twinings Tea Garden

Next we crossed the channel to France... ahhh France. There have been trips that I would have been perfectly happy spending hours and hours in the same spot. This time that spot to me was the France pavilion, as much time as we did spend there, I didn't go through any of the shops or watch the entertainment. This may have been my favorite stop of the day. We actually hit the Fluer de Lys Outdoor Kitchen twice, spent time relaxing in the garden, watched the movie, and came back again later for dinner. I still don't feel like I got enough time there. The only down point to France on this trip was that it was very peopley, I think everyone was enjoying their time. Overall it was much more crowded than I had expected for a Tuesday in early March.

France Pavilion French Acrobats Princess Aurora France Pavilion Belle & Beast Topiary Epcot France Pavilion Gardenias Sun Dial in France Lumiere & Cogsworth Topiary

The Onion Tart at Fluer de Lys was amazing (I went back later for a second) the Raspberry Chocolate Macaroon was to die for, and the La vie en rose cocktail could replace the grey goose citron slush as my favorite.

Geordon had a beer from Fluer de Lys that was really light and refreshing - Kronenbourg Blanc 1664. I'm not a beer drinker, but I really enjoyed the taste of it I had. Hands down my favorite Outdoor Kitchen of the whole festival. They really hit every thing we tried out of the Park.

Kristen & Geordon Fleur de Lys Outdoor Kitchen Fleur de Lys Fleur de Lys Tarte a l'Onion Alsacienne Fleur de Lys Onion Tart

Kristen K.'s picture

After France we split up, hit the Florida Fresh booth, I didn't eat anything here, but I did take some pictures. Later in this report though we visited the winery that this booth's Florida Wines come from - so stay tuned.

Florida Fresh Outdoor Kitchen Florida Fresh Outdoor Kitchen

The Lader Board was cute, but Becks said that the Carne Asada was pretty disappointing. They said that it wasn't actually bad, it just didn't taste anything like Carne Asada. I had a bite of the Key Lime Pies and thought it was pretty good.

Orlando-made Ricotta Cheese, Cahaba Farms Micro Onions, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic, Country Pate and House-made Pickles Florida Fresh Carne Asada with Black Bean Cake and Cilantro Lime Sour Cream  Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue

Becks & Carlos' room was ready back at the Boardwalk, and she had mentioned that she was getting tired, so I told them they should go check out their room. They were also staying in a Deluxe Studio and they loved it. Luck of the draw gave them an awesome second florr Luna Park pool view. I was very, very happy that they enjoyed their stay at the Boardwalk.

luna-park-pool-view

Geodon and I went on to Japan for Frushi at Hanami. It was good, but not "waited five years to try this" good. It wasn't quite as sweet as I expected it to be.

Hanami Outdoor Kitchen Frushi

Allie's picture

Agreed. We were pretty underwhelmed with the Frushi, too.

amy1989's picture

wow your report is making me super excited for mine in 12 days time! the food looks amazing you have got my tummy rumbling!

also would love to hear all you have to say about Boardwalk as we have a deluxe studio booked for September!

keep it coming!

Kristen K.'s picture

Oh I did fall off this trip report a bit didn't I. Sorry!

OK - I posted about our BVW Studio on the blog today so be sure to read that post
http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articles/look-inside-boardwalk-villas-deluxe-studio

amy1989's picture

Kristen K. wrote:

OK - I posted about our BVW Studio on the blog today so be sure to read that post
http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articles/look-inside-boardwalk-villas-deluxe-studio

hey life gets in the way it happens!

I have read that post thanks I'm so excited!

Allie's picture

Kristen K. wrote:

Thanks for this article! Staying for the first time in November! yay