Brad's March 2012 Disney World Trip

Login to post comments
41 posts / 0 new
Bella's picture

Jess wrote:

You are right Bella... They said its the first time dumbo has ever went that way... I made a comment in another thread saying I wonder if it feels different when riding it

Okay so I am not crazy good! I am not sure if my OCD could handle counterclockwise!

mickey Bella

Jess's picture

Bella wrote:
Jess wrote:

You are right Bella... They said its the first time dumbo has ever went that way... I made a comment in another thread saying I wonder if it feels different when riding it

Okay so I am not crazy good! I am not sure if my OCD could handle counterclockwise!

Well it's going to have to cause that little boy of yours has to ride dumbo on his first Disney trip... That's like a law ... Lol

Jessi5989's picture

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't that the new half of Dumbo? So the part that's still under construction is the old one that will still go in it's same direction...I think...

That's how I understand it to be also. The old one is still supposed to go clock wise while the new one goes counter clockwise.

Lizzy_B's picture

Yes. I didn't know they were opening the "reverse" one first, but when the attraction is finished, the two Dumbo carousels will travel in opposite directions: one clockwise, one counterclockwise.

Was it very crowded?

I can't wait to see what else y'all have gotten into, Brad! Dying to hear about the weekend's food selections.

Brad's picture

Lizzy_B wrote:

Was it very crowded?

I can't wait to see what else y'all have gotten into, Brad! Dying to hear about the weekend's food selections.

It was really crowded and that was during a parade. But it was Spring Break so we knew what we were in for.

Brad's picture

Okay...picking up where I left off:

I was about to head for dinner at 'Ohana which I did a quick review of:

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/ohana-disneys-polynesian-dinner-review

As you can probably tell by my sudden disappearance from my trip report, that night was the last one that was unencumbered by my clients back home. yuck

Day 4

So the next day DW had solo plans, so I was on my own which turned out to be for the best since I got attacked from work. One highlight of the day by myself was that I got to try the Aloha Pork Sandwich at Captain Cook's. I really liked it, but I wanted to get some opinions on it so I made a poll here:

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/aloha-pork-sandwich-captain-cooks

So let me know your thoughts.

I also wanted to mention one of my favorite things about our particular room at the Poly: The view from our window. We had our own little private garden with a tree with falling blossoms. Check out this picture:

PreviewAttachmentSize
dsc02243.jpg
dsc02243.jpg298.83 KB

Gorgeous view.

Brad's picture

Continuing Day 4, I met my DW in Epcot for dinner at the Garden Grill. I'm going to save my pictures for a full-on review, but I thought it was really pretty good. It's got a lot of the appeal of Liberty Tree Tavern dinner (not as good, but not bad). I hadn't been so I was pleased that I think it's worth going back.

After dinner I was on my own again, so I strolled around the World Showcase to flesh out my Beer Thread:

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/beers-disney-world

I got the 1664 at France and the Casa Beer at Morocco. Both were good, but I've since learned that 1664 has a pretty good alcohol volume, so I was feeling it a bit by the end of the night.

I always like to look around the Morocco pavilion. There are so many things there that I don't think most people see because of how it's laid out. Here's a few of my pictures:

PreviewAttachmentSize
dsc02278.jpg
dsc02278.jpg269.39 KB
dsc02279.jpg
dsc02279.jpg333.39 KB
dsc02280.jpg
dsc02280.jpg338.47 KB
dsc02282.jpg
dsc02282.jpg267.82 KB
dsc02287.jpg
dsc02287.jpg273.9 KB
dsc02292.jpg
dsc02292.jpg264.15 KB
Bella's picture

Yumm Morocco pavillion! When I did the Segway tour they told us how the tiling was actually don't by Moroccans and there are imperfections all over it because they believe that nothing should be perfect only their god. I thought that was pretty awesome.

mickey Bella