Fall / Winter 2021 - Will You Brave The Crowds?

Login to post comments
10 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
Fall / Winter 2021 - Will You Brave The Crowds?

Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary is October 1st, 2021. Is anyone planning on being there to celebrate the landmark event? Part of me wants to go because that's also my 50th birthday year, and the other part says that I need to stay far far away because the crowds are going to be insane.

Have you considered a 2021 trip yet?

Nope nope and nope. Not just because of the probable crowds, but people have become so obsessed and crazed with getting stuff (merchandise)...it used to be fun to celebrate a special occasion; now it seems more crazy than ever.

wdwizbest's picture

I've been toying with the idea of going in January of 2021. I want to see GE, I figure 2020 will be absolute chaos. I'm trying to convince myself the "off season" won't be as bad.

"leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." " Walt Disney "

Kristen K.'s picture

wdwizbest wrote:
I'm trying to convince myself the "off season" won't be as bad.

Disney is doing everything it can to get rid of there being an "off season." eek

JoAnn C's picture

I'd like to go at some point for the 50th. Hopefully, they have it for a year, like they did for the 45th so I can go at a later time.

Kristen K.'s picture

JoAnn C wrote:
I'd like to go at some point for the 50th. Hopefully, they have it for a year, like they did for the 45th so I can go at a later time.

I've been thinking that this may be my strategy as well. I'm sure I'll go at some point during the year, I just don't know when.

JMed's picture

We go every year regardless of what is going on, we just try to avoid the "craziness" that is going on at whichever park is the park du jour so to speak. We pretty much avoid MK as it is now but eventually will have to make it over for Tron. So other than that, none of the 50th stuff is really on my radar.

Our Disney style has definitely changed a lot an that is in just the past 5 years that we have been going. We chill, avoid the heat of the day and the crowds, hang out at DS, resorts and such. Just take a slower pace.

I was absolutely dumbfounded over the lines for Hollywood Studios 30th merch. There is no way on Walt's Green Earth I would wait in a line like that for merchandise even if it was for something I love. Nope, now way, those people are out of their minds. (apologies to any of you who waited in the lines) I just don't get it. HELP me understand it please????

We will be there in October and if it is in the cards for us, we will try to check out GE, if not, it will be there when we go back the next time and the time after that. Don't get me wrong, we really want to see it but I can't fight it.

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JMed wrote:
I was absolutely dumbfounded over the lines for Hollywood Studios 30th merch. There is no way on Walt's Green Earth I would wait in a line like that for merchandise even if it was for something I love. Nope, now way, those people are out of their minds. (apologies to any of you who waited in the lines) I just don't get it. HELP me understand it please????

My theory (or theories):

1. People that absolutely have to be there to get stuff (or just so they can say they are there) so they can post themselves with the merchandise on Instagram and every single FB page they belong to. I belong to 3 different Passholder FB pages and see people post the same thing on all 3. I sometimes forget which page I am looking at because they all start looking the same laugh "Look at me!!!"

2. The Merchandise resellers. That stuff hits ebay faster than you can say "What time is the 3 o'clock parade?" Even the free buttons but especially the limited release stuff. And at ridiculous prices.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that go just to get stuff for themselves but I'm with you - no thanks to the crazy lines.

Oh dear, we wanted to be there for the day just because history etc. So I started to plan it.... now I know it is 2021 the year after next and not next year, so can anyone explain why I was looking at next year? To the extents of oh look only a PS100 deposit, luckily we have just had a massive (I mean nearly PS9000 bill) so didn't book as needed to pay that, and then "free dining" came out and the price went up and the light came on wrong year and I crawled under a rock in embarrassment!

I don't like crowds either!!

Kristen K.'s picture

Sally-Ann wrote:
the price went up and the light came on wrong year and I crawled under a rock in embarrassment!!

Every year is a good year for Disney!! No shame there.