Favorite Disney songs

Login to post comments
37 posts / 0 new
Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

The Cookie Crumbler wrote:
It seems that everyone has covered the Menken/Ashman era pretty well wink

Tevin Campbell as Powerline always puts me in a good mood. He does the faux-Prince thing well.

"Ev'rybody Wants to Be a Cat" is such fun, bonus points for Scatman Crothers being included on it and in the movie!

Also going to add "Carrying the Banner." Newsies may not have been Disney's finest hour until this past spring, but that song is unbelievably complex and one of Menken's coolest pieces of music. They actually had to simplify it for the Broadway production because it requires the kind of additional vocals and layering that can't be done live with a cast that size.

Oh I disagree! Love me some Newsies!

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

nsaunier wrote:
mrmrezg wrote:
there are too many to list, lately however, I've been listening to "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" from Lilo and Stitch. The cool part about this is that I am six feet tall, 250 pounds, more than a few tattoos and I ride a Harley. Yes, I blast this song while riding. I am sure it is quite the site.

laugh I forgot about that song! That is a VERY good one. If I was next to you at a red light I'd have to roll my windows down and sing along lol

And I'd be in the car next to you singing along also!

J's picture
J
Offline
Joined: 02/06/2012
Posts: 484

disneydoc wrote:
I think it's "God Bless the Outcasts," but outlaws would fit that category. mickey

Opps, I am a little red. Maybe it is not my favorite song after all. Nah it is. Knew it, but I don't know why I typed it wrong. Second favorite is I want to be like you, from Jungle Book.

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

Allie wrote:
The Cookie Crumbler wrote:
It seems that everyone has covered the Menken/Ashman era pretty well wink

Tevin Campbell as Powerline always puts me in a good mood. He does the faux-Prince thing well.

"Ev'rybody Wants to Be a Cat" is such fun, bonus points for Scatman Crothers being included on it and in the movie!

Also going to add "Carrying the Banner." Newsies may not have been Disney's finest hour until this past spring, but that song is unbelievably complex and one of Menken's coolest pieces of music. They actually had to simplify it for the Broadway production because it requires the kind of additional vocals and layering that can't be done live with a cast that size.

Oh I disagree! Love me some Newsies!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love that movie with the passion of a hundred rioting Irish guys from Brooklyn! It's just that financially and critically, it was an embarrassment for the company. The dedicated fan-base is what has kept Newsies from sinking into the abyss of forgotten movies and even turned it into an award winning stage production.

Have you gotten to see the show? It's FANTASTIC.

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

I haven't Sad It's a bit of a trek from Minnesota! But if I'm ever in New York it's on the top of my list!

J's picture
J
Offline
Joined: 02/06/2012
Posts: 484

Speaking of Newsies, I realized just singing a few bars from a song of the original movie always got the girls around me to pay attention. I must admit I definitely used that a few times. Hmm... May have to try that again.