A few more dining questions

Login to post comments
10 posts / 0 new
figgy's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/15/2013
Posts: 819
A few more dining questions

My family is starting to check out menus and screw up the list! LOL They want your opinions of Beaches and Cream (maybe on a DHS day for lunch), and the food court at POP. THNX

__________________

August 2016 here we come!

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2936

My very favorite restaurant in all of WDW for lunch. Save room for ice cream. Or if you are ambitious, attempt the kitchen sink.

Just back from the food court at POP. It's Ok but the pot roast there is awesome if they have it.

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

NikkiMouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/19/2015
Posts: 526

We are going to Beaches and Cream for the first time in October for lunch! So I can not help you with that too much, but....

We have lots of experience with the food court at POP though. We usually eat breakfast there and we love it. It can be a bit chaotic as the food courts are at the values. My husband swears by the fried chicken with sausage gravy. My battle with Celiac always prevents me from getting it, but it smells awesome!

I had the brisket one night. It was really good!

__________________

figgy's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/15/2013
Posts: 819

NikkiMouse wrote:
We are going to Beaches and Cream for the first time in October for lunch! So I can not help you with that too much, but....

We have lots of experience with the food court at POP though. We usually eat breakfast there and we love it. It can be a bit chaotic as the food courts are at the values. My husband swears by the fried chicken with sausage gravy. My battle with Celiac always prevents me from getting it, but it smells awesome!

I had the brisket one night. It was really good!

THNX do they gluten free options at lunch/dinner? THNX

__________________

August 2016 here we come!

NikkiMouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/19/2015
Posts: 526

http://www.glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/WDW-DairyFree-GlutenFree.pdf

A few years ago I got this link from the team at Special Diets. I have found it to be really useful. I am thinking of reaching out to them to see if they have added anything else since then.

As far as Pop goes, I have had the Cuban sandwich, a cheeseburger with fries (made in a fryer just for the fries!) and the brisket without only the juices, no gravy, with mashed potatoes and a veggie.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

figgy wrote:
My family is starting to check out menus and screw up the list! LOL They want your opinions of Beaches and Cream (maybe on a DHS day for lunch), and the food court at POP. THNX

The only problem I have with Beaches and Cream is that it is small when compared to most other dining establishments at WDW. And now that they almost require reservations to eat in the restaurant, it makes it even harder to eat there. They do have a window where you can order ice cream and such without having to go into the restaurant.

Of course, this is the only place to get the infamous Kitchen Sink. However, since last April, you can also get a smaller version called the Mickey Kitchen Sink sundae.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/04/22/new-mickey-kitchen-sink-sundae-aka-the-mickey-pants-sundae-in-walt-disney-world/

You get to keep the Mickey Pants container that it came in. oHIo posted a photo of the empty container:

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/disney-food-photos?page=15#comment-1188386

Note that, as stated in the Disney Food blog, while you can get a similar thing on Main Street in MK, you actually get MORE at Beaches and Cream, including brownies.

Otherwise, the rest of the food at this place isn't bad at all if you are looking for the standard American fare.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

oHIo's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/04/2014
Posts: 841

The price on ZapperZ's link is no longer valid.....it is much less....more like $15. clapping

(It isn't too often you see prices drop at WDW!!)

figgy's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/15/2013
Posts: 819

NikkiMouse wrote:
http://www.glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/WDW-DairyFree-GlutenFree.pdf

A few years ago I got this link from the team at Special Diets. I have found it to be really useful. I am thinking of reaching out to them to see if they have added anything else since then.

As far as Pop goes, I have had the Cuban sandwich, a cheeseburger with fries (made in a fryer just for the fries!) and the brisket without only the juices, no gravy, with mashed potatoes and a veggie.

THNX!

__________________

August 2016 here we come!

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9497

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/beach-club-resort/beaches-and-cream-soda-shop/menus/

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/05/shareable-kitchen-sink-sundae-now-on-more-menus-at-walt-disney-world-resort-disneyland-resort/

There are many different prices depending on where you purchase it.

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2478

I like the food court at Pop. The chicken sandwich is good. I ate there many times on my college program when I worked there. The tie dye cheese cake is unique to Pop.