First DVC Trip Report- October 2014

Login to post comments
52 posts / 0 new
Spook's picture

Day 6

Today we got up early to get to HS for our 9:30am FP+ for Rockin Roller coaster followed by TOT. These two rides are always done early because I'm afraid to eat before going on them! Our original plan was to spend the day there but since we hadn't eaten much and it was now close to 11, we decided to walk over to Epcot and eat at the F&W booths. We tried the chicken pot stickers from China (good), Schinkennudel pasta gratin with ham and cheese from Germany (one of our favourites), kefta pocket from Morocco (Erik liked it but I was disappointed in it. Not what I expected it to be) and cheddar cheese soup from Canada (good). By the time we had finished eating we were full, had missed our last FP for Lights Motors Action and didn't have much time to spend at HS since we had and ADR at Paradiso37 at 5. We walked to the Boardwalk and took the Friendship to HS then grabbed a bus to SSR and walked from there to DTD.

We had some time before dinner so we played a few games at DisneyQuest. For dinner I had chicken with roasted veggies which was very good and Erik had the Jalapeno burger and fries which he really liked. We would eat here again. After dinner we did some shopping then caught the bus back home. We didn't make it very far before the bus broke down. Our driver was very apologetic and everyone on the bus was very understanding. It wasn't too long before the replacement bus showed up and we continued on our way.

When we got back to BLT we headed up to the TOTWL for the first time. It seems like its pretty classy so we felt a little out of place. However it was a great view of Hallowishes! awesome After the fireworks we tracked down Robyn since we knew they were up there celebrating their vow renewal. Another awesome group! Joann, Abby (luvalldisney) and her husband were there as well so it was like a reunion yay We tried helping Robyn and Sy out with all of their food (there was a TON) but they are probably still trying to get through it all laugh After an hour or so we called it a night and headed back to the room.

I also forgot to mention that while we were at Epcot we tried the chocolate macaroon ice cream sandwich. I have a new favourite treat I think! It was awesome and I really wish I had one right now!

Highs: Finally meeting Robyn and Sy, the ice cream sandwich from France
Low: not spending more time at HS

Spook's picture

Day 6 pics....mostly food laugh I also discovered how awesome a Goofy Glacier is on the hot days!

PreviewAttachmentSize
cheddar cheese soup
cheddar cheese soup2.19 MB
chicken pot stickers
chicken pot stickers2.6 MB
pasta gratin
pasta gratin2.75 MB
kefta pocket
kefta pocket2.3 MB
548.jpg
548.jpg3.32 MB
macaroon ice cream sandwich
macaroon ice cream sandwich2.19 MB
mint chip
mint chip1.96 MB
568.jpg
568.jpg2.19 MB
569.jpg
569.jpg2.04 MB
571.jpg
571.jpg2.53 MB
chicken and roasted veggies
chicken and roasted veggies3.17 MB
Jalapeno burger
Jalapeno burger2.74 MB
591.jpg
591.jpg1.99 MB
Allie's picture

Everything looks delicious! I'm drooling over that Via Napoli food!

Spook's picture

Day 7

Today was a sleep in day. We arrived at Epcot around 1:00 and our first FP was for the Character Spot. Mickey, Minnie and Goofy were posing for pictures today and they all loved Mister! Especially his Mickey ears laugh The characters were all awesome! We rode Test Track afterwards then headed to get a couple more snacks at the F&W booths. We tried the Spanakopita from Greece (good) and the keilbasa and pierogi from Poland (good). We also met Duffy.

We had an early ADR at the Garden Grill which is my favourite restaurant. We had a private booth which was nice but sadly the character interactions were lacking this time. We've always got great interactions on previous trips so it was a bit disappointing Puzzled Pluto basically just waved on his way by both times, Chip did the same the first time around was better the second time. Mickey and Dale were good though. They both interacted with Mister and Dale posed for a picture. So I guess really only half the characters were lacking laugh The food and service were still really good awesome It remains my favourite!

We were completely stuffed after dinner so we rode living with the land before heading for the monorail. We wandered around the gift shops in the Contemporary before heading back to the room. Then it was time for laundry and watching the water pageant from the beach.

High: Characters at the Character Spot
Low: laundry on vacation and characters at Garden Grill

PreviewAttachmentSize
183.jpg
183.jpg481.31 KB
184.jpg
184.jpg495.26 KB
186.jpg
186.jpg464.61 KB
187.jpg
187.jpg466.15 KB
191.jpg
191.jpg367.45 KB
193.jpg
193.jpg730.08 KB
196.jpg
196.jpg381.64 KB
197.jpg
197.jpg363.91 KB
Spook's picture

Day 8

Today was Animal Kingdom day. Our last visit on this trip Sad We had FP for Everest, Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur. By the time we finished with our FP's it was time for lunch! We ate at Pizzafari which was as good as usual. We also ran into Joann one last time as she was taking a last stroll around before heading back to catch the Tragical Express. After lunch we walked around the trails as we headed out of the park. It was only about 3:00 when we left the park but since we wanted to close out MK tonight with the EMH going until 2:00AM, we figured we should have a nap first!

After our nap I walked around BLT taking a few more pictures of the resort. We split a turkey BLT for dinner at Contempo Cafe which was very good. I love the house made chips awesome Then we headed to the MK. I had booked the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party for Erik as a surprise and we love it muchlove Our table was right at the front so we didn't even need to get up or move to watch Wishes and we still had a great view. The desserts were excellent and plentiful. There was ice cream, brownies, cupcakes, cookies, fruit, choc covered strawberries, Oreo things, and a bunch of stuff that we didn't even know what they were! I was very happy I booked this, we had a wonderful time mickey

After Wishes we headed out to go on some rides. We actually managed to quite a bit such as Pooh, Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Small World, Peter Pan, Buzz (Erik won again), Pirates, Speedway and Astro Orbitor. We did Astro Orbitor on a previous trip and I never wanted to do it again. However, this time I figured that maybe it wouldn't be as bad at night in the dark ( I'm afraid of heights so I hated it in the daylight). Yeah, no. Hate it. Never again. It feels like it tilts way to much to the side. I was in control and I brought us up, then froze and could not bring us back down lower. Never again. We also watched the Main Street Electrical parade.

After all those rides it was about 1:45AM. The 7DMT had a wait time of 30 minutes so we decided to go for it since we hadn't been on it yet. We liked it! It's not quite Thunder Mountain thrilling but it was thrilling enough. It was now approaching 2:30AM so the park was closed. We made our way up an almost empty Main St ( if only it was that calm all the time).We caught the Goodnight Kiss too which was neat. By the time we were back in the room it was 3 so we went directly to bed to rest up for HS.

Highs: Fireworks Dessert Party, goodnight kiss
Low: Annoying couple on the go karts the kept ramming the other cars in front of them and then kept trying to ride again without going back through the line waiting

Spook's picture

Day 8 pics

PreviewAttachmentSize
205.jpg
205.jpg1.02 MB
207.jpg
207.jpg574.78 KB
209.jpg
209.jpg460.67 KB
215.jpg
215.jpg671.64 KB
226.jpg
226.jpg450.99 KB
228.jpg
228.jpg279.44 KB
231.jpg
231.jpg442.9 KB
232.jpg
232.jpg584.84 KB
234.jpg
234.jpg533.45 KB
235.jpg
235.jpg591.28 KB
236.jpg
236.jpg473.79 KB
Spook's picture

more pics

PreviewAttachmentSize
237.jpg
237.jpg577.38 KB
238.jpg
238.jpg615.62 KB
240.jpg
240.jpg388.23 KB
258.jpg
258.jpg486.85 KB
283.jpg
283.jpg567.53 KB
291.jpg
291.jpg517.17 KB
293.jpg
293.jpg520.49 KB
oHIo's picture

Isn't Bay Lake great? My home resort too!! Nine more weeks and I'll be hearing "Welcome Home!" Thanks for the pics and report on the Tomorrow Land Desert. Have reservations for January and you have me drooling already! yeah yeah

Mister touching the slipper, that is totally fab laugh

Spook's picture

Day 9

After such a late night we slept in this morning. Our first FP wasn't until 3:10 so we took our time getting to HS. When we got there, we wandered some shops and split a carrot cake cookie (mmmmm so good). Our first FP was for VOTLM. This was Erik's first time seeing it. He thought it was pretty good. I wasn't a fan of Ariel's voice. She was a good singer and all, just too different from Ariel. Next up was TSM. Unfortunatly our car was malfunctioning nothing worked. We had to go through the entire ride (as did the car in front and the one behind) and not be able to shoot Sad Nothing was coming up on the screens. When we got off we told the CM and they had us wait at the side. Not even 5 minutes later and we were reloaded into a working car yay Mister beat Erik to remain the TSM champ awesome

We then headed over to check out Wandering Oaken's trading post. We checked out the merchandise and snow area. we didn't bother playing in the snow since we'll have lots back home shortly yuck Sadly we never made it to the Frozen sing-a-long. Around 6:00 we headed over for our ADR at Sci Fi. We have never eaten here before and were excited to check it out. Our excitement soon turned to disappointment. The atmosphere and theme are really cool but the food was just ok, the service could have been better (could also have been worse though) and we could have not had an annoying young child in the seat in front of us. She kept standing up and turning around (if you've been to Sci Fi then you know that the seating is very close so she was basically in our face Stare ). Her parents told her sit down maybe twice but she hardly listened and they didn't enforce it. Worse, she kept coughing in our face. Erik could actually FEEL the coughs on his face. He was NOT impressed. He now has a cold sad As for our food, Erik had a burger and fries which he said the burger was missing toppings and half the fries weren't cooked. I had the Sci Fi salad which had way too much dressing. I should have gotten it on the side. We also got the deep fried pickles. What a let down. The ones we get here are pickle spears. The ones at Sci Fi were only 2 spears then the rest were just battered pickle slices and you could hardly taste the pickle. The 2 spears were awesome, I just wish they all came like that. We are in no rush to return here but I wouldn't say we'll never go back. Different entrees, a better server and a less annoying child would make it much better laugh

After dinner we headed straight for Fantasmic with a box of popcorn. I love this show! When it ended we headed back to the room but not before doing some shopping in the gift shop. We also traded our first pin! We're new at this so we weren't exactly sure how to go about it but the CM was very nice. I'm working on collecting the Orange Bird set mickey

Highs: carrot cake cookie, learning how to pin trade
Lows: dinner at Sci Fi, the realization that this is our last night sad

Spook's picture

Day 9 pics

PreviewAttachmentSize
315.jpg
315.jpg248.51 KB
322.jpg
322.jpg601.72 KB
323.jpg
323.jpg599.2 KB
324.jpg
324.jpg509.68 KB
327.jpg
327.jpg586.9 KB
331.jpg
331.jpg413.93 KB
332.jpg
332.jpg429.21 KB
334.jpg
334.jpg429.98 KB
336.jpg
336.jpg549.57 KB
Spook's picture

Day 10

Our last day Sad( However, it was also our 2nd anniversary! We got up to a message on our phone from none other than Mickey and Minnie muchlove . They wished us a happy anniverary and sang us a song. It was so cute! After the torture of packing up and checking out, we headed to MK. Our first FP was for the 7DMT but it was down. We could either come back or use the FP on another ride but we never ended up using it. Good thing we rode it the other night! We met Anna and Elsa which was pretty fun. They took no notice of Mister though (poor little guy) and Elsa just didn't look like Elsa. Anna was pretty good though.

Next up was Space Mountain which is my favourite. Then we headed for lunch at the Plaza. It was our first time here and we'll be returning! It was delicious. Erik had the cheesesteak sandwich we he liked and I had the turkey. It was very good but man was it HUGE! The house made chips were awesome too. Next trip though, we are getting the Mickey pants sundae. we kept seeing people walking by the window with them. After lunch we headed to Big Top and traded a couple more pins. I find pin trading hard because I'm a shy person and have a hard time asking CM to see their pins. I need to gain some more pin trading confidence laugh

We then headed to Frontierland to catch our first glimpse of the Festival of Fantasy parade. It was awesome! Tangled being my favourite movie ever, it was my favourite float. I'm so happy Pascal is front and centre biggrin The one downside to the parade was the one float had Anna and Elsa on one side and Tiana and her prince on the other and it would rotate. Well it didn't rotate when it went by us so we never got to see the Frozen side sad ah well, that's what next trip is for! As we were directly in the sun for the entire parade we were HOT. So back to Big Top it was for a Goofy Glacier. I can;t believe I've been missing out on these for so long!

After we got our Glacier, it was time for the long, sad trek back to the car to head home. It was such a great trip though! We are SO happy we bought DVC and especially at BLT. Walking to MK is just so great.

Highs: Festival of Fantasy, celebrating our anniversary at MK
Lows: mine train being closed, checking out

Journey home

Our journey home was pretty uneventful. we left MK around 4PM and made it to South Carolina (almost to North Carolina) by midnight. We decided we didn't want to spend another night in a hotel and wanted our own bed so we were back on the road again by 7Am, arriving home around 2:00AM eek My mom thought we were crazy to drive so long laugh We basically pulled in the driveway and went directly to bed. we unloaded everything the next day. And that was officially the end of our trip! The Disney blues haven't really had time to set in though because my parents rent a house in Florida (about 15 min from Disney) for the month of january and we are joining them from January 3-15 yay We also have a night booked at AKL Jambo. Then I'm back at BLT February 19-23 for Princess Half Marathon weekend and we're both back September 7-21. Getting good use out of those PAP awesome

Spook's picture

Day 10 pics

PreviewAttachmentSize
646.jpg
646.jpg2.99 MB
647.jpg
647.jpg2.45 MB
658.jpg
658.jpg3.11 MB
661.jpg
661.jpg1.82 MB
662.jpg
662.jpg2.62 MB
663.jpg
663.jpg2.48 MB
669.jpg
669.jpg3.98 MB
678.jpg
678.jpg2.81 MB
680.jpg
680.jpg2.76 MB
683.jpg
683.jpg3.4 MB
710.jpg
710.jpg2.66 MB

Thank you for a great report. We met Anna and Elsa also, I thought Anna was brilliant but Elsa was awful, she literally had a hand on my back pushing me out the door! And to ignore Mister how rude.

JMed's picture

Great report!!! Love all the pics! I got 4 Orange Birds! I love to pin trade, it's so much fun!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Spook's picture

Sally-Ann wrote:
Thank you for a great report. We met Anna and Elsa also, I thought Anna was brilliant but Elsa was awful, she literally had a hand on my back pushing me out the door! And to ignore Mister how rude.

Our Elsa wasn't that bad! She didn't look the part but at least she wasn't pushing us out the door sad

JMed wrote:
Great report!!! Love all the pics! I got 4 Orange Birds! I love to pin trade, it's so much fun!

I just saw the Orange Birds in your TR! I'm so jealous! I'm hoping to get a couple more in January awesome I'm kicking myself still because I did happen to come across one but I was to shy to ask to trade waiting

Magic Mirror's picture

I have loved your TR!.....your photos are great awesome

Spook's picture

Magic Mirror wrote:
I have loved your TR!.....your photos are great awesome

Thanks mickey

JMed's picture

Spook wrote:
Sally-Ann wrote:

Our Elsa wasn't that bad! She didn't look the part but at least she wasn't pushing us out the door sad

JMed wrote:

I just saw the Orange Birds in your TR! I'm so jealous! I'm hoping to get a couple more in January awesome I'm kicking myself still because I did happen to come across one but I was to shy to ask to trade waiting

If you are shy just walk over and kinda look. They usually notice and will hold themnout and start talking to you! They are all super friendly! I happened across one of them and kept seeing more and more so I started getting them all! LOL

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Allie's picture

Great TR! Sorry your Sci-Fi experience was disappointing, we've never eaten there but have heard great things. I LOVE kids but man do I get annoyed at bad parenting; I would have been pretty miserable with a kid climbing into my booth and coughing in my face. yuck We still have never made it to the Kiss Goodnight either, still on the bucket list!

Spook's picture

Allie wrote:
Great TR! Sorry your Sci-Fi experience was disappointing, we've never eaten there but have heard great things. I LOVE kids but man do I get annoyed at bad parenting; I would have been pretty miserable with a kid climbing into my booth and coughing in my face. yuck We still have never made it to the Kiss Goodnight either, still on the bucket list!

It was definately a case of bad parenting. The little girl was only about 3 so she really didn't know any better. I personally don't have kids so I can't really judge their parenting but I would think they wouldn't allow her to stand up at the table at home so why should she in a restaurant?