Free Dining for August/September 2012

Login to post comments
8 posts / 0 new
Melissa W's picture
Free Dining for August/September 2012

Was anyone waiting for Free Dining to be announced? Is it going to push anyone to book? wink

We are going in May, but I'm trying to convince my husband we need a September trip also!

Hi!

I'm new to the boards here, and I really love it! The advice has been wonderful as well as the enthusiasm.

As for your question, I was also planning on going in May with my S.O., but once I heard about the free dining it convinced us to go in September instead. The money we save going at that time of year combined with the free dining was too good to pass up!

When we were planning to go in May, it didn't really seem to make much sense (financially) to get the dining plan for just the two of us. We figured we could get by sharing quick service meals and snacks most of the time. However, I am very glad that we can actually do the dining plan. We love going out to eat and exploring new foods. We can also be pretty thrifty, so I just know we wouldn't have gone as food crazy as we can with the dining plan. I am excited for it! Now to think of where to make ADR... wink

Melissa W's picture

zettarooski wrote:
Hi!

I'm new to the boards here, and I really love it! The advice has been wonderful as well as the enthusiasm.

As for your question, I was also planning on going in May with my S.O., but once I heard about the free dining it convinced us to go in September instead. The money we save going at that time of year combined with the free dining was too good to pass up!

When we were planning to go in May, it didn't really seem to make much sense (financially) to get the dining plan for just the two of us. We figured we could get by sharing quick service meals and snacks most of the time. However, I am very glad that we can actually do the dining plan. We love going out to eat and exploring new foods. We can also be pretty thrifty, so I just know we wouldn't have gone as food crazy as we can with the dining plan. I am excited for it! Now to think of where to make ADR... wink

Welcome to the boards! So glad you are here!

So excited you are going in September, the free dining is such a great deal! We can't get out of going in May since my husband already got the time off, but I'm excited for you! Can't wait to hear what ADR's you make!

macdamron's picture

We were already booked for this time period but we were able to add it to our reservation and we saved over $800! (there are 4 adults going) Best day ever!

Brad's picture

I like September better than May anyway! So good choice!

Also welcome to the boards! yeah

evilduckqueen's picture

macdamron wrote:
We were already booked for this time period but we were able to add it to our reservation and we saved over $800! (there are 4 adults going) Best day ever!

We already had our trip booked, and as soon as I found out about the free dining, I emailed my travel agent. We saved just over $700!! ( two adults, for two weeks). I had been secretly hoping we would get free dining, and we did!!!! That has really made our trip yay yay

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Vettelover's picture

evilduckqueen wrote:
macdamron wrote:

We already had our trip booked, and as soon as I found out about the free dining, I emailed my travel agent. We saved just over $700!! ( two adults, for two weeks). I had been secretly hoping we would get free dining, and we did!!!! That has really made our trip yay yay

Congratulations to both of you, I love it when a plan comes together. Smile

Melissa W's picture

Nice! I love all of these savings! yay