Happy 4th of July!

Login to post comments
25 posts / 0 new
JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6712
Happy 4th of July!

What are everyone's plans for today? I don't have anything planned for today. I'm going to relax and enjoy the day off.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

dontthrowsand's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/28/2012
Posts: 359

I am sewing today I think.

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23463

I'm working and trying not to melt in the heat! The kids and I may go see some fireworks tonight.

disneydoc's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/27/2012
Posts: 2415

Hi everyone! Wish you could all be here in the World on the 4th. I've got my red Disney shirt on, and am ready to celebrate America. mickey

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Sammy Bizzle's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/23/2012
Posts: 241

2 of my favorite "B"words... BBQ & Beer. Having a cookout army house with family and friends and probably shooting off some fireworks.

__________________

That's Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop To You!

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

Seeing Spider-Man then going to the bar to hopefully catch some highlights from the USA Olympic trials! We may try to catch some fireworks, but the humidity is awful here.

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

senseicj's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2010
Posts: 807

cookout at a friends, then fireworks on the roof of the elk's building

__________________

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Happy 4th everybody! We're heading to my folks for an early birthday dinner for me. My bday is on the 8th, but we're celebrating with the family tonight. On the menu....bbq ribs, mashed potatos, corn on the cob, and yellow cupcakes with chocolate icing! YUM! Then my niece and nephew are coming home with me and DH for some backyard fireworks and a sleep over! Should be a fun time!

__________________

petriedish's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/19/2011
Posts: 218

Hope everyone is having a great holiday!

__________________


Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Happy 4th! I celebrated my independence by painting a bathroom - now that's liberating! rolling

Staying in for the evening with the pets and will watch fireworks on TV Smile

Ollie's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

Hot dogs and jello salad!!! Oh, and chocolate pie for dessert!! AND THEN. . .

stars

Fireworks!

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2773

Happy July 4th from your friends in Canada Smile

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9472

Happy 4th to all!

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23463

So, today I tried to grill Bacon. Not my most brilliant idea, but once the fire was out (because bacon catches on fire if you didn't know) I felt accomplished in not burning my house down.

The kids and I are leaving in about 10 minutes to go watch the fireworks. It's been about 103 here today and I'm so wilting/melting. I really don't do well in prolonged heat like this. It's supposed to cool down to the mid 80s by the weekend though.

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9472

Kristen I grilled bacon alot, you just don't want to put the flame on high.

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

I worked all day and made triple time Smile Didn't go anywhere to see fireworks...it was just so hot...10 o clock at night and it's still 90 degrees

__________________

disneydoc's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/27/2012
Posts: 2415

Hey, making triple time means $$$ faster to come back to the World. mickey

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23463

So, I had quite a night last night.

The kids and I were sitting in the car in the local kids museum parking lot enjoying the a/c and watching the fireworks. The music on the radio changes and I hear "America spread your golden wings, Sail on freedom's wind, across the sky." It made me so happy, until I realized that my children had never been in the American Adventure! WTF! They had done most of their Disney travel with my Mother and I guess she didn't feel that it was a worthy attraction. Whatever, that will be fixed AS SOON as possible.

Then Katie and I got out of the car and danced to Katie Perry, and then we climbed back into the car when I noticed the white smoke that was suddenly billowing out from under my car's hood. *sigh* I get everyone out of the car and call 911, because I had no idea what had happened and seriously thought my car was on fire. I was not opening that hood, I'd let the firemen do it. The firemen came in their truck with the lights and sirens going. They jumped out of the truck and checked out my car. I was a sobbing mess. They informed me that the rule is "No fire, No crying". They were very nice, but I was an absolute wreck. Thank God my oldest kids are adults, they had a handle on it all and called my husband and our roommate to let them know what was happening. The firemen said I had blown a radiator hose, so I guess what I was seeing was actually steam, not smoke. In a parking lot full of dozens of cars when this all started (and none when it ended) exactly two people asked if we were okay or needed help, both were young 20 something girls.

Anyhow, no one was hurt and mmy roommate's mom got there to rescue us and have the car towed. I got home and had a couple of glasses of wine. *sheesh*

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

I went Tuesday night and watched the MK special fireworks and then I went to the parks yesterday with my friends. We did AK, HS, and then drank around the world at Epcot to celebrate America. laugh Anyone who is my friend on facebook may have seen some of the shenanigans that followed. biggrin

Offline
Joined: 10/07/2011
Posts: 272

hubby and I worked all morning. and the spent the afternoon tailgating with friends at the Chicago White sox game, enjoying a White Sox winner and their fireworks display!

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2773

Kristen K. wrote:
So, I had quite a night last night.

The kids and I were sitting in the car in the local kids museum parking lot enjoying the a/c and watching the fireworks. The music on the radio changes and I hear "America spread your golden wings, Sail on freedom's wind, across the sky." It made me so happy, until I realized that my children had never been in the American Adventure! WTF! They had done most of their Disney travel with my Mother and I guess she didn't feel that it was a worthy attraction. Whatever, that will be fixed AS SOON as possible.

Then Katie and I got out of the car and danced to Katie Perry, and then we climbed back into the car when I noticed the white smoke that was suddenly billowing out from under my car's hood. *sigh* I get everyone out of the car and call 911, because I had no idea what had happened and seriously thought my car was on fire. I was not opening that hood, I'd let the firemen do it. The firemen came in their truck with the lights and sirens going. They jumped out of the truck and checked out my car. I was a sobbing mess. They informed me that the rule is "No fire, No crying". They were very nice, but I was an absolute wreck. Thank God my oldest kids are adults, they had a handle on it all and called my husband and our roommate to let them know what was happening. The firemen said I had blown a radiator hose, so I guess what I was seeing was actually steam, not smoke. In a parking lot full of dozens of cars when this all started (and none when it ended) exactly two people asked if we were okay or needed help, both were young 20 something girls.

Anyhow, no one was hurt and mmy roommate's mom got there to rescue us and have the car towed. I got home and had a couple of glasses of wine. *sheesh*

First the bacon and then the car....you really did have a crazy day! Puzzled

DisneyDee27's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/02/2012
Posts: 1600

I worked and worked and worked. We are not party poopers but at 4am the fireworks should have been over. Don't get mad when the police are called because you thnk its ok to still party loudly.
Between the 4th and Halloween I don't know which holiday I dislike working more.
Dee sad

__________________

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

disneydoc wrote:
Hey, making triple time means $$$ faster to come back to the World. mickey

That's exactly what it will go to Smile

__________________

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Jessi5989 wrote:
I went Tuesday night and watched the MK special fireworks and then I went to the parks yesterday with my friends. We did AK, HS, and then drank around the world at Epcot to celebrate America. laugh Anyone who is my friend on facebook may have seen some of the shenanigans that followed. biggrin

What!!! How did I miss this...going to check it out now

__________________

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

DisneyDee27 wrote:
I worked and worked and worked. We are not party poopers but at 4am the fireworks should have been over. Don't get mad when the police are called because you thnk its ok to still party loudly.
Between the 4th and Halloween I don't know which holiday I dislike working more.
Dee sad

Gah! 4am is really bad. A few blocks away a couple houses caught fire around 1am while people were shooting them off a block away. No confirmation on whether it was connected but really, come on...4am??

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!