JoAnn's February 2014 Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report

Login to post comments
90 posts / 0 new
disneydoc's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Had a good day today. I visited all four parks. I have another hour to catch the "tragical express". My flight has been delayed. Good thing I took tomorrow off from work.

Wow, the most I have pulled off in a day is 3 parks! Way to work it! awesome

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

JoAnn C's picture

disneydoc wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Had a good day today. I visited all four parks. I have another hour to catch the "tragical express". My flight has been delayed. Good thing I took tomorrow off from work.

Wow, the most I have pulled off in a day is 3 parks! Way to work it! awesome

It was a spontaneous decision this morning. I started with AK, followed by DHS, then MK and ending at Epcot. Not the order I would have gone in if I had planned it. I had an ADR at Tony's this afternoon and I wanted go to Animal Kingdom this morning.

JoAnn C's picture

At the airport and my flight has been delayed further. I was really hoping it would be canceled so I could get an extra day.

Spook's picture

Safe travels mickey

JoAnn C's picture

Day 1

I had a 6:00am flight to MCO. The flight was uneventful, and we arrived about 10 minutes early. I made my way to the Magical Express and soon I was on my way to Art of Animation.

Almost there...

I was at AoA by 10:00am. It didn't take long to get my room number. I was very surprised to find out my room was upgraded from the Little Mermaid standard room to a Lion King suite.

After checking out my room, I headed to DHS to get a Tables in Wonderland card. After getting the card I went back to AoA to wait for my cousin and her daughter. After they arrived, we went to ESPN Wide World of Sports to pick up our race packets and check out the Expo.

After the Expo, we went to DHS for dinner (50's Prime Time) and Fantasmic.

Allie's picture

Yay TR! Great pics so far!

Kris1971's picture

More please!

JoAnn C's picture

Day 2
It's 5K day! We were up early to be at the bus to get to the race around 4:30.

We had some time to wait before we had to be in our starting corral. We hung out by the stage near the starting line and danced. This is where JMUdukz and I met.

Soon it was time to get in our corrals. My cousin was assigned to corral B, her daughter was in corral A and I was in D. They started in D with me so we can start together.

At 6:15 it was time for the race to start. There was about 8 minutes in between the start of each corral. The first person finished the race as my corral was walking toward the starting line. Then we were off. We passed the first mile marker on the outside of the park near Test Track.

We entered the park near Mexico. We turned left and walked around World Showcase. Mile 2 was after crossing the bridge heading toward the International Gateway. We went through some backstage areas in Great Britain and went back into the park. The picture was in between miles 2 and 3.

We went to the front of the park and exited out a side area new Spaceship Earth. We soon reached the mile 3 marker and the finish line!

After completing the race we went for a celebratory breakfast at Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. I opted for the breakfast buffet.

We went back to AoA to freshen up and head back out. Stay tuned for the rest of day 2.

Allie's picture

YAY! congrats on the 5K! I am REALLY wanting to do a Disney race after all of these awesome race reports!

congrats on the 5K..Love your Pics Smile

MrHub's picture

congrats & good job!

JoAnn C's picture

Day 2 continued....

We had planned on spending the day in Epcot after the race. My cousin's daughter wanted to go back to the expo at ESPN as there was a seminar she wanted to attend for first time 1/2 marathoners. They went to ESPN and I headed to Epcot.

I had a FP+ for Soarin' and then hit Living with the Land and Finding Nemo before heading to World Showcase. Epcot was getting ready for the Flower and Garden Festival.

I was getting a little hungry, so I thought I'd try the new Spice Road Table. I had the Harissa chicken roll and Tangier's Breeze.

After I finished my snack, I got a call from my cousin that they were in the park. I met up with them and we finished our tour of the world. My cousin has a Disney visa so we went to Innovations West (at least I think it was West, maybe it was East) to get our picture taken with Minnie and Pluto. After we got our pictures taken, I spotted a sign for "The Great Piggy Bank Adventure" and had to check it out. It's an interactive game where you set a money savings goal and take your piggy bank to different sections and play games to earn "money". At the end, you learn how much you saved.

We set our goal to save for retirement. The other options for savings were vacation and college. I can't remember if there were others.

We slowly made our way to the World Showcase Pavilion for entrance to the Pasta in the Park Party. The party had meet and greets with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella.

Then it was time to eat. The chicken was really good.

Our dessert options were Mickey Premium Ice Bars and Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches. I had my first Mickey Premium Ice Cream bar that night. Yum!

After dinner we are directed to a reserved area for Illuminations.

After Illuminations we went back to AoA. We were all wiped out by that point.

love your pictures. Food pics are my favorite awesome

JoAnn C's picture

Day 3

I took my time getting up and going this morning. My cousins were spending the day the Downtown Disney and I was heading to Hollywood Studios. DHS had morning EMHs that morning. I arrived a little before 9:00.

I stopped at Starring Rolls for something to eat. Red Velvet Cupcake for breakfast? Yes, please.

After breakfast I went to the Animation Academy.

I spent the morning in this area.

After The Magic of Disney Animation, I started thinking about where to eat for lunch. I picked Pizza Planet.

I'm making up for the lack of cupcakes consumed during previous trips. Had to try the Cappuccino cupcake.

After lunch, I had to go to Muppets 3D. I took a moment to find the key under the mat.

Next stop was Star Tours. While waiting for my FP+, I watched the Jedi academy.

After Star Tours, I went to the Beauty and The Beast Stage Show. I got there just in time as the rain came pouring down. I really enjoyed the show.

I had some time before my next FP+ so I went to Walt Disney, One Man's Dream.

Then it was time for my ride on Toy Story Midway Mania!!! Loved it.

It was time to head to Downtown Disney to meet my cousins. We had an ADR at Wolfgang Puck's Grand Cafe. I had the Pesto chicken. Another good meal.

We headed back to AoA as more rain was on its way. I relaxed in my room. As the rain passed I hopped on a bus to MK with one goal in mind " ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at night.

Once that was accomplished, it was time to call it a night.

Allie's picture

Mmm Red Velvet cupcake from Starring Rolls is my favorite breakfast! How was the cappucino cupcake? It's on my list to try next trip.

taratru's picture

That was an amazing food day, JoAnn!!!!

JoAnn C's picture

Day 4
Up early again this morning to meet my cousins for the bus for the half marathon. My cousin's daughter was running but we were there for moral support. By the time we arrived, she had to get to her starting corral.

Here I am with my sign for JMUdukz and taratru.

My cousin and I found a spot near the highway to watch the runners start.

After Victoria's corral started and ran passed where we were watching, we left Epcot to head to MK.

I loved this sign at MK.

After Victoria ran passed, it was back to Epcot to wait for her to reach the finish line.

There were three types of runners as they neared the finish line.

1 those that walked to the finish line
2 those that kept their pace until the finish line
3 those that made a mad dash to the finish line

After the race we went back to AoA and then off to Magic Kingdom. We had lunch at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. After lunch we went to Fantasyland and Mickey's Philharmagic. They decided to go back to the resort for a nap while I stayed in MK.

After riding Haunted Mansion, I was ready for a Dole Whip. I decided to try a float today. I'll stick with Dole Whip straight up from now on. I also road the Barnstormer and took a nap in HoP before it was time to meet back up with my cousins for dinner at Be Our Guest.

Since I had chicken for dinner the last two nights I decided to have cow for dinner. Instead of the pomme frittes that the steak usually comes with, I asked for the mashed potatoes instead. For dessert, I went with the chocolate cream puff.

After dinner, we got out pictures taken with the Beast and decided to call it a night.

While walking towards the front of MK, we had to cross the street as the Main Street Electrical Parade was starting. As I was crossing the street, I kicked the track that is embedded in the street. I continued walking and then began to wonder why my foot felt wet. Yep, my toe was bleeding. My cousin got some napkins for me so I can wrap up my toe to stop the bleeding. I got some band-aids and anti-bacterial stuff to put on it.

JoAnn C's picture

Day 5
We went back to MK for breakfast with the princesses!! I decided to try the Grilled Beef Tenderloin for breakfast. It was very good.

The assorted pastries

As were leaving, I heard a page for a family and I knew it was taratru! We chatted for a few minutes and planned on getting together later on for a drink.

Now for a funny story... she was in line behind my cousins and I at BoG the night before waiting to get our pictures taken with the Beast. We both had a "I think that's her but I'm not sure" moment.

After leaving the restaurant, we went straight to Peter's Pan Flight. Love that ride. We spent the day in Fantasyland " Journey of the Little Mermaid, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Princess Meet and Greets. We also met the Fairy Godmother.

Gaston was hysterical!

Tinkerbelle was giving all the runners only wearing a Princess 1/2 marathon medal a hard time for not wearing a Tink medal.

We also stopped to get some ice cream. I tried the citrus swirl. I'll stick to Dole Whip from now on.

Around 4:00, we went to meet Mickey. When we were let into the room for our pictures, who was getting her picture with Mickey " JMUdukz! We started texting after making our plans to meet up with taratru that night.

The meet up took place at Jellyrolls at 10:00. I went back to the resort to grab something to eat and take a nap. I fell asleep and woke up at 9:45pm. Oops.

Here we are at the Boardwalk as we were departing.

Great report. My face hurts from all the smiles you gave me!!!!

MrHub's picture

Awesome trip report !

Kris1971's picture

Loving your report, JoAnn! Its so great that you got to hook up with some many people from our little world here! I hope someday we get to meet!

JoAnn love your TR. I absolutely loved the Beauty and the Beast show in HS. I admit I shed a tear when they were singing "Beauty and the Beast".

JoAnn C's picture

Kris1971 wrote:
Loving your report, JoAnn! Its so great that you got to hook up with some many people from our little world here! I hope someday we get to meet!

thanks Kris. I hope so too.

JoAnn C's picture

BuffaloBill wrote:
Great report. My face hurts from all the smiles you gave me!!!!

Thanks! Your comment made me smile. Smile

JoAnn C's picture

mrhub wrote:
Awesome trip report !

Thanks Mark!

JoAnn C's picture

PirateGirl wrote:
JoAnn love your TR. I absolutely loved the Beauty and the Beast show in HS. I admit I shed a tear when they were singing "Beauty and the Beast".

Thanks Barb. I loved the Beauty and the Beast show.

JoAnn C's picture

And now the finale....

This was my last day in the World. I got up and finishing packing my stuff. After checking in my suitcase, getting my boarding pass and dropping my carry-on at luggage services, I went to get breakfast.

This guy tried going after my breakfast sandwich.

While waiting for my cousin and her daughter to join me for breakfast, I devised my pan for the day. I was going to visit all four parks.

After they got on the Magical Express around 9:30, I got in line for the bus for Animal Kingdom.

My first stop was Expedition Everest. I had a FP+ reservation but the stand by line was only 5 minutes.

I wanted to see Finding Nemo, the Musical. I had some time before the first show started so I went on Dinosaur. I really enjoyed the Nemo show.

After the show, I left Animal Kingdom to go to the next park which was yet to be determined. It was either Epcot or Hollywood Studios, depending on which bus came first. DHS won.

After entering the park, I went on the Great Movie Ride. I didn't stay long in Hollywood Studios as I had to get to MK for an ADR at Tony's.

I had a little time before my ADR so I thought I would take a relaxing ride on the People Mover. On my way to Tomorrowland I met the Fire Chief.

Then it was time for lunch. I had the chicken parm which was really good. I had to ask for more sauce as there wasn't enough on it for me.

It was time to say good bye to MK and head on to Epcot. They were doing some work around the ferry dock.

Park # 4 for the day....

While at Epcot, I went on Spaceship Earth and Journey to the Imagination. I still had some time before having to head back to AoA for the "Tragical" Express, so I decided to check out Captain EO. This is one that goes on the "I've done it and I never have to do it again" list. I couldn't believe people actually used a FP+ for this.
I didn't get dessert at Tony's as I was planning on getting something at Epcot. Norway was calling my name. I got the Viking Chocolate Mousse.

And one of these to go.

While enjoying my dessert, I got a text that my flight was delayed until 10:45pm (it was scheduled to leave at 9:55).
I could have stayed longer in Epcot but I was tired by this point. I slowly made my way to the front of the park to head back to the resort.

If I had planned on visiting all four parks, I would have made my ADR at a different time so I would have had time to go to Epcot after DHS and then gone on to MK. I made it work.

Even though my flight was delayed, I kept the same pick up time for the DME. When I returned to AoA, I picked up my carry-on bag at luggage services and found a place to sit and read until it was time to get the bus.

Then the time arrived. sad

While on the bus, I received another text that the time was delayed until 11:20. By the time I got to the airport, it changed to 11:30. We finally boarded the flight which landed around 2:00am. I was home by 3:00 and went straight to bed. Luckily, I didn't have to get up for work.

LyssaJ1's picture

Excellent trip report! Congratulations on the run...it's something I definitely can't do, at least...yeah, no...it'd be a very bad idea for me ~sad chuckle~.

I loved your pictures, especially with folks from the forum.

Atta you for tackling all the parks in one day, as I think I'd max out with one (and DTD, as it's more like 'just a mall' to me.)

Thank you *so much* for sharing! Smile

taratru's picture

I had SO MUCH FUN with you guys at Jellyrolls. Smile I'm so happy we got to meet.