Member Spotlight- Kris1971****

Login to post comments
72 posts / 0 new
Jess's picture
Member Spotlight- Kris1971****

The member who get's the spotlight this week is Kris1971. So let's get the questions rolling Smile

First Name: Kris
Birthplace: Pennsylvania
Birthday: July 8
Current Location: Red Hill, PA
Hometown: Souderton, PA
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Height: 5'7"
Your career: Pharmaceutical Reimbursement & Access
What kind of car do you drive: Honda
Name of spouse or significant other: Claude
Number of children if any, names and ages: 0
Glasses or contacts: Neither
Piercings or tattoos: Ears Pierced (2 holes each ear)
Right Handed or Left Handed: Right
What kind of pets do you have and what are their names: Dog named Willow
Favorite color: Orange
5 favorite movies: Marry Poppins, Peter Pan, Spaceballs, The Holiday, & Harry Potter (1st & last)
Favorite holiday: 4th of July
Your favorite pizza toppings: Artichokes and Black Olives
Favorite beverage: Kona Longboard Lager
Favorite season: Spring
Your favorite food: My Mom's Spaghetti and Meatballs
Favorite Ice cream flavor: Friendly's Butter Crunch
Favorite candy: Too hard to choose but if pushed, I guess I'll go with Chunky
Favorite breakfast cereal: Lucky Charms
Favorite book: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
What country do you want to visit: Italy (for a wine tour)
How many pillows do you sleep with: 1 memory foam
What's one thing that not many people know about you: I watch Nascar (shh)
Favorite song: Anything by Alterbridge oh and Don Henley's "Boys of Summer"
Your favorite sport to watch: Football
Favorite TV show (Still running or ended): Still running: The Big Bang Theory Ended: LOST
Your Favorite number: 16
Favorite restaurant: Parc Bistro in Skippack, PA
WHICH DO YOU PREFER
Chocolate or Vanilla: Chocolate
Scary movies or comedies: Comedies
Beach or lake: Beach
Pepsi or Coke: Coke
Starbucks or Tim Hortons: Dunkin Donuts
Dogs or cats: Dogs (but I like cats too)
DISNEY RELATED:
What's your favorite Disney Resort: POFQ
What's your favorite Disney Restaurant: California Grill
What's your favorite Disney Snack: I have two...Sugared Almonds & Dole Whip
What's your favorite Disney ride: Peter Pan's Flight
Who's your favorite Disney Character: Tinkerbell
Who's your favorite Disney Princess: Not Sure I have one

Jess's picture

Let's see your 3 favorite Disney pics

JoAnn C's picture

What is your favorite meal at California Grill?

DisneyDee27's picture

Who's your favorite football team college and pro? and what's your favorite food at the CA Grill (I'm trying it out in October for the first time)
Dee

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Kris1971's picture

Jess wrote:
Let's see your 3 favorite Disney pics

Not sure these are my all time favorites, but they are my favorites of the ones I currently have scanned into my laptop.

Kris1971's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
What is your favorite meal at California Grill?

I'm a HUGE fan of the Spicy Kazan Roll at the Cali! For a main course, I had the fish special, which was a snapper with crab meat and bok choy. It was scrumptious!

Kris1971's picture

DisneyDee27 wrote:
Who's your favorite football team college and pro? and what's your favorite food at the CA Grill (I'm trying it out in October for the first time)
Dee

I've been a Miami Dolphins fan since I was a kid. Even went to the Hall of Fame to see Dan Marino get inducted. It was awesome. I'm more of an NFL fan than a college football fan so I don't really have a favorite college team.

If you like sushi, definitely try the Spicy Kazan roll at the CA Grill. Its my all time favorite sushi! If you're not a fish fan, I recommend the filet, my husband ordered it and gave me a taste...we both loved it!

JoAnn C's picture

Do you prefer the Dole Whip Float or Dole Whip straight up?

Kris1971's picture

I like the Dole Whip Float with the twist ice cream!

DisneyDee27's picture

Kris1971 wrote:
DisneyDee27 wrote:
Dee

I've been a Miami Dolphins fan since I was a kid. Even went to the Hall of Fame to see Dan Marino get inducted. It was awesome. I'm more of an NFL fan than a college football fan so I don't really have a favorite college team.

If you like sushi, definitely try the Spicy Kazan roll at the CA Grill. Its my all time favorite sushi! If you're not a fish fan, I recommend the filet, my husband ordered it and gave me a taste...we both loved it!

Awesome! I love sushi and steak awesome
Thanks for answering Smile
Dee

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

JoAnn C's picture

What's your favorite Disney memory?

Time for your Disney confessions....what is it you love that others tend not to like and what do you not like that others tend to love? Also your favorite non Disney restaurant is probably no more than 10 minutes from our house...Yet, we have never been there. What do you love about it?

Kris1971's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
What's your favorite Disney memory?

That's a tough one. Seeing my nieces face the first time she walked onto Main St is definitely one of my favorites, but spending my honeymoon surrounded by the magic of WDW is way up there too! Oh and watching the Hallowishes fireworks from our balcony at the Contemporary on our last trip!

Spook's picture

Who's your favorite Harry Potter character?

Kris1971's picture

scrappy wrote:
Time for your Disney confessions....what is it you love that others tend not to like and what do you not like that others tend to love? Also your favorite non Disney restaurant is probably no more than 10 minutes from our house...Yet, we have never been there. What do you love about it?

Well if its confession time....I'm not a fan of the Tiki Room. While I can certainly appreciate the history of it, once was more than enough for me. Sorry Tiki fans! As far as things I love that others might not, I'm not sure. Most of my favorites are relatively common favorites. I'll have to think more on that one. Another confession, I've never ridden on the people mover. I'm not sure why, I guess I've just never gotten around to it.

You and MrHub should definitely try the Parc Bistro!!! The food is on par with some of Disney's top restaurants, and I highly recommend the shrimp cocktail as an appetizer. I can't go there and not get it. Its served with a wasabi cocktail sauce that is out of this world! The creme brule is pretty killer too! The chef is always changing the menu and DH and I have never had a meal we didn't like. In fact, I'm heading there tomorrow night for my birthday! Can't wait. Oh and the goat cheese medallion salad rocks too!

Kris1971's picture

Spook wrote:
Who's your favorite Harry Potter character?

Wow that's a tough one. I love them all but if forced to choose a favorite, I may have to go with the twins, Fred & George. They are so funny, and their timing is just great! Luna is a pretty neat character too!

How did Willow come into your life? Such a sweetheart!!!

Kris1971's picture

JeffC wrote:
How did Willow come into your life? Such a sweetheart!!!

Aw thanks, JeffC. I think she's a sweatheart too!

The Willow story is one of those "meant to be" type stories. I had gone to Ireland a few years before on a business trip, and I stayed at a family owned hotel that had a resident Sheep Dog named, Sparky. Well Sparky and I just connected, and he followed me around the hotel a lot (even slept outside my bedroom door). When it was time to come home, I declared that when I finally bought a house (I was living in an apartment at the time) that I would get my very own sheep dog. Well in June of 2002, I bought a house with a great fenced in backyard, and had been thinking about how much I wanted a dog. One day, I was out and about running errands and had gone a totally different route than I usually take when I got stuck in horrible traffic. I sat through the same traffic light and watched it change from green to red to green to red again and again with traffic never moving. While sitting there frustrated, I glanced over to my right and saw a sign that said, "Sheep Dog Puppy". I thought to myself, there's no way its an Old English Sheep Dog, which are kind of a rarely seen breed in my neck of the woods, but since traffic wasn't moving, I turned into the drive way to check it out. Low and behold it was an Old English Sheep Dog puppy, and not just any OES, it was one with a black patch over one eye, just like I had always wanted. She was 10 weeks old and all of 10 lbs. She looked like a stuffed animal, and I fell in love with her instantly. I brought her home with me that day, and we've been together ever since. She just turned 9 on July 2nd and yes, she got a ton of presents (which I wrap and she opens herself). Here's a puppy picture and a picture from this year. She's my angel!

PreviewAttachmentSize
willow_puppy.jpg
willow_puppy.jpg41.52 KB
willow.jpg
willow.jpg100.4 KB

Thanks Kris, I just googled Parc Bistro and it looks YUMMY! It is also just SIX miles from our house. You can bet we will give it a try. I have seen it before just never gave it a thought to try it. We have tried almost all of the restaurants on the other side of the street in Skippack though.

Now back to Disney. Is there anything you just have to buy while down there? Anything you really collect?

Kris1971's picture

I don't really collect anything, but I usually do buy myself either a baseball hat or a t-shirt on each visit. I'll definitely be looking for that Dole Whip t-shirt in October when we're there!

If you do give the Parc Bistro a try, you'll have to let me know what you think!

JoAnn C's picture

I love the Willow story. She's adorable - then and now

Kris1971's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
I love the Willow story. She's adorable - then and now

Aw...thanks, JoAnn. I think she's pretty awesome!

The Cookie Crumbler's picture

That photo of your nephew and Snow White is absolutely adorable! muchlove

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

Kris1971's picture

The Cookie Crumbler wrote:
That photo of your nephew and Snow White is absolutely adorable! muchlove

Thanks. This is the "after" photo.

PreviewAttachmentSize
nephews_snow_white_kiss.jpg
nephews_snow_white_kiss.jpg61.75 KB

Love that Willow! Innocent

So, what is your LEAST favorite WDW park? Your favorite? And WHY???

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Kris1971's picture

Least favorite is probably Animal Kingdom. I love the safari and expedition everest, but that park just doesn't feel as magical to me as the others. Favorite is Magic Kingdom with Epcot a close second. Magic Kingdom edges Epcot because the moment I step on to Main St, I feel like the rest of the world just disappears, and I'm a kid again!

DisneyDee27's picture

Cute puppy! And a great story on how she came into your life.
Dee

yay
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRIS!!!
Hope you have a great day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRIS!!

birthday yeah birthday

Vettelover's picture

birthday stars birthday Have a very happy birthday Kris.

disneydoc's picture

Happy Birthday Kris! I have enjoyed getting to know you through your spotlight. mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker