Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2009 dates

Login to post comments
10 posts / 0 new
Imagineer's picture
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2009 dates

We'd like to attend both of these as we already have long weekends booked during both of these time frames.

In looking at last years dates, it looks like MNSSHP was held mostly on Fridays and Tuesdays which doesn't help us since we arrive Saturday and leave on Tuesday.

For MVMCP, it shouldn't be a problem because they seem to hold that one more frequently.

Anyone know when these dates will be released for 2009?

mickey Upcoming Trips mickey

July 2010 - Old Key West

Oct 2010 - Boardwalk Villas

Brad's picture

Given how they behaved with the Princess and Pirate party, I'm not sure they can be believed even when they do come out. I personally think the parties are great, but I suspect they will cut the numbers this year which would be a shame. Or maybe it was just the P&P thing never took off like the MNSSHP and MVMCP did. I've had great fun at every one I've gone too, even the super crowded ones.

bali's picture

Usually dates are released around about April, and tickets official go on sale in May. They used to do MNSSHP tickets in April and MVMCP tix in June/July, but I think they're combining the sales dates now.

May 2008 CSR mickey

SpaceAce's picture

Last year, MVMCP dates were released in March, with MNSSHP dates following after (strange...yes...).

Another way to determine what days might pop up is to watch for the park hours for SEptember, which should be posted in March. If the MK closes at 7, it's a party night.

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

Imagineer's picture

I was just informed that the Sept. dates for 2009 are:

Sept. 4, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, and 29.

It looks like they are sticking to their schedule of Fridays and Tuesdays. Which leads me to an interesting dilemma....

July 2010 - Old Key West

Brad's picture

Does adding the day give you a Tues or Fri party? (I don't have a calendar)

Imagineer's picture

Brad wrote:

I could do it either way Brad. Our stay is from Saturday to Tuesday so we could add a day on either end. Only difference is, if we add the Friday it'd use more points than the Tuesday because a Friday is a weekend stay, thus valued at more points.

July 2010 - Old Key West

Brad's picture

Imagineer wrote:
Brad wrote:

I could do it either way Brad. Our stay is from Saturday to Tuesday so we could add a day on either end. Only difference is, if we add the Friday it'd use more points than the Tuesday because a Friday is a weekend stay, thus valued at more points.

I vote for the Tuesday party anyway, because I'm guessing the crowd levels will be better. Unless you like the crowds for the parties. Admin's trip where she had the park to herself for MNSSHP was like my ideal, and I'd guess you have a better shot on the Tuesday.

bali's picture

Brad wrote:

I vote for the Tuesday party anyway, because I'm guessing the crowd levels will be better. Unless you like the crowds for the parties. Admin's trip where she had the park to herself for MNSSHP was like my ideal, and I'd guess you have a better shot on the Tuesday.

I think that'd be my choice, too. Add the day at the end and get the (possibly) less crowded party. Also, that way you only have a couple days of work until the weekend when you get home!

May 2008 CSR mickey

cdub's picture

Yeah it's better to have 2 short work weeks than just one!