Mrhub & Scrappy's May 2012 Trip to see the mouse!

Login to post comments
93 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture

We headed over towards the World Show Case and took pics along the way:

We slowly worked our way around WS, went into Mexico on the Three Caballeros ride. Norway was packed, so we skipped Maelstrom. Worked our way past China

And by this time is was getting so stinking hot, we called it time to go back to the resort and freshen up so we jumped on one of the shuttle boats and took it back across the lake to Canada area dock.

Mase's picture

Awesome trip report so far man... but I got to ask...

How are you getting it blurry both on top and bottom? Is it on purpose? Accidental?

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

MrHub's picture

LOL! Thats called miniature mode, its a setting on the camera. Also called miniature faking!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miniature_faking

Jess's picture

Love all your photos of Epcot...especially the miniature effect....and I love pickles!!! How did I not know they sold them by test track

Mase's picture

Jess wrote:
Love all your photos of Epcot...especially the miniature effect....and I love pickles!!! How did I not know they sold them by test track

Beats me... I always brought it up to you
mrhub wrote:
LOL! Thats called miniature mode, its a setting on the camera. Also called miniature faking!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miniature_faking

I may have to see if I can do this with my camera... heh

- 2013 Trip Report!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Lizzy_B's picture

Great TR, MrHub! I love that we have so many of the same pics from Epcot F&G. It almost makes me feel like I got to be on the trip with you and Scrappy!

Oh! and the shirt is Fantastic! I love your Forum Spirit!

MrHub's picture

Lizzy_B wrote:
Great TR, MrHub! I love that we have so many of the same pics from Epcot F&G. It almost makes me feel like I got to be on the trip with you and Scrappy!

Oh! and the shirt is Fantastic! I love your Forum Spirit!

Thanks Jess! Yeah those pickles are really good!

Thank You Lizzy. The yellow one is a good knock around shirt. I actually got more comments with the blue shirt though. I guess it is more subtle.

MrHub's picture

Continuing on, Mondays dinner was at Sanaa! We had been waiting for this meal for a while now.

We got a really good window seat, almost too good, because everyone kept coming over to our window to see the animals.

Sorry , picture is a little dark. We had company all through dinner outside our window. Its was great.
This guy even smiled for me. biggrin

For apps I started with the Mustard Seed-crusted Scallops - with a Coconut Cream Sauce. This was very delicious and the Coconut Cream Sauce just amplified the sweetness of the scallops & the mustard seeds added some major zing to it!

Scrappy had a Tomato and Paneer Cheese soup.

We also got the Indian Style Bread Service with Breads - Naan, Papadum, Paneer Paratha & Dips - Cucumber Raita, Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus, Chile Raita

All of this was so incredible, the flavor was so intense it was amazing!

For entree Scrappy got the Tandoori Chicken - Tandoori Chicken wrapped in Naan Bread with minted greens, tomato and cucumber-yogurt Raita.

and I got the "Slow Cooked in Gravy, Simple and Well Seasoned" - Butter Chicken in a Curry Sauce & Braised short Ribs with Basmati Rice.

Although dinner was very good, it was almost to much of a flavor overload, and Im not one to back away from intense flavored food.

JoAnn C's picture

Looks good. I was looking at Sanaa while making my ADRs. The view is incredible. Do you prefer Boma or Sanaa?

MrHub's picture

Oh I would still choose Sanaa hands down! Yeah Boma is a buffet and it's all you can eat, but the flavors you can get at Sanaa, yeah. Oh and our server Dan, he was awesome, if you go there, ask for him. He just had the best personality. He was funny, but serious about the food. He even told us the stuff we were getting could have some intense flavors, so it's not liked we were not warned. But I would go back there in a heart beat.

Just to add my two cents worth, I would go back to Sanaa with no problem. We have been there for both lunch and diner and I loved loved loved the burger I had at lunch. However, I am not sure that anyone could talk me into trying Boma for dinner again. I will admit I am not a buffet person at all. I do not mind them for breakfast but do not care for them for dinner. I really did not care much for most of the food at Boma either. I was really surprised how many of the dishes I tried were sweet.

JoAnn C's picture

Thank you Scrappy and Mrhub. I changed my ADR from Boma to Sanaa.

awesome
Awesome report and pics!! I also would eat at Sanaa over Boma for dinner, Scrappy!

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Jess's picture

Those pictures from Sanaa are great....love the giraffe and how he's smiling....but that does suck about where your table was and people interrupting you....sometimes people can be so rude

MrHub's picture

After Dinner we headed back to the MK for a while and we were going to meet up with Nancy & John (nwalsh & hubby). We parked at the Poly and headed over to the marina dock to catch the shuttle boat over to the MK. As we were going by the pontoon boats I noticed the CM getting a boat ready for a wishes cruise. He was the same Captain we had the last several times we went out. His name is John, and he is a great guy. I said hello, not thinking he would remember us, and he did, by name! He even remembered we were from PA. and what town. Well we struck up a conversation, asked about his up coming wedding that he had told us about the last time ( thats a whole nuther story) and he asked us if we had a cruise booked. Well we told him no, but what were the chances of getting him for a cruise and he said lets check. Well low and behold they just happen to have an opening the next night, Tuesday so I booked us an other Wishes Cruise. He didn't know if he would get the job, but he put on that we requested him. We figured if Nancy & John were available the next night, they could join us too.

We like being in the park for the fireworks, but we love being on a private boat, sitting on Seven Seas Lagoon in front of the Magic Kingdom, with the music to wishes being piped in just for you and not having to fight with a crowd, or worry about someone stepping in your way, or standing up in front of you. If you never did it before, and you get a chance, book and Wishes Cruise. It is one of those Magical Moments.

So we said our farewells and headed off to the MK.

We headed right over to the People Mover and got on that for a spin around at night. Got off and did Buzz Light Year.

I won this time 42,000 to 221,000. We got a Call from Nancy and they were headed in to the park. We stood by the big rocks at the entrance to Tomorrow Land and watched the Fireworks and waited for them.
.be

The fireworks were done just as they got there and we said our hello's and I asked them about the Wishes Cruise right away so I didn't forget. Well with a little arm twisting they agreed to join us. We walked over infront of the Castle to watch the Memories, Magic & You.

http://ustre.am/:1xwVp

Mase's picture

Dude... your focus in that picture is awesome.

- 2013 Trip Report!

Kristen K.'s picture

Oh my gosh, I want to go eat at Sanaa again now! Love their tandori chicken, my husband is a huge fan of the lamb kefta, and the Naan is the best I have ever had. They have a special tandoor in back just for baking it. So delicious. I'm hungry now.

MrHub's picture

We said our good byes to Nancy & John and worked our way out of the park to the Poly Launch and then back to AKL.

Tuesday started as another gorgeous day! Woke up to some Giraffes feeding on the Savanna.

We started out with breakfast at Hollywood Studios Starring Rolls

Then I headed over for my ToT fix:

We did some shopping and picture taking

Starring Rolls for breakfast?

gaah You're killing me, mrhub!!!

The only way to gain any sort of forgiveness is to have a butterfinger cupcake for me. . . Laughing out loud

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Sammy Bizzle's picture

Mrhub, these pictures are awesome! A great way to start your morning by reading an awesome trip report!

That's Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop To You!

MrHub's picture

Continuing for Tuesday:

Walking around HS, we made our way over to Indiana Jones.

Never pulled that rope before. Ha Ha Ha !

We checked out the Star Wars Store, which was really crowded with people that didn't make it in on the weekend. We ended up at our lunch spot, The Sci-Fi Cafe'.

We didn't have to wait long before they called our name after checking in and off we went back into the Dirve In!

Well Jeff, I hope I make you proud!

I ate the whole thing!

Scrappy had the Turkey Sandwich and she did a good job. Their Chocolate milkshake is a killer too! I could sit there and try to drink them all day.

Had to walk off the lunch so we caught The Muppets!

A trip through The Great Movie ride and it was getting to be time to head back to the resort to chill for a little while.

MrHub's picture

After some down time we headed to dinner at Boma. No real pictures from there, it buffet and nothing to rave over , although the food is good. We had to try it though.

And since I know Vettelover is such a big fan of the "Zebra Domes", I had to give them another try.

Sorry, I liked the Mango domes much better! And the Chocolate cinnamon thing a majig. Oh and the top one in the middle, the caramel chesse cake, Oh yeah!

Okay now I'm full again just thinking about it all. Sick

MrHub's picture

We packed up and headed back to the Poly to meet up with Nancy (nwalsh) & husband John for the Wishes Fireworks Cruise.

John was our Captain and is an awesome guy. If any of you do the Wishes Cruise, ask for him. We got some drinks from the bar at the Volcano Pool and off we headed on the cruise.

First he took us over the water bridge and explained that. He swung by the Wilderness Lodge and we got to see the Bear Face, and then he showed us the old River Country.

He took us by the "Sneaker Tree" and explained that.

He explained about the islands in Bay Lake and why they are not used anymore and then headed back for Wishes. We park right in front of the Magic Kingdom. It was a beautiful night!

It's just an amazing point of view to see it from this perspective and if you get a chance, I highly recommend you do it!.
Well with the fireworks done we headed back in to the dock, said our goodbyes to John, and wished him good luck with his wedding (thats another story) . We went up and had a drink at the Tambu Lounge in Ohana's with Nancy & John and then said our goodbye to them. They are and amazing couple and it was a pleasure meeting them and hope to do it again sometime. awesome Hope you liked the cruise!

Back to the AKL we went for a good nights sleep!. It still amazes me that the CM's can remember individual people with as many people that they encounter in a single day. Both John, the boat Captain & Rafael from the Poly's valet remembered us buy name, and we were not even staying at the Poly this trip. Wonder if that means I'm over tipping?......

Jess's picture

mrhub wrote:
We packed up and headed back to the Poly to meet up with Nancy (nwalsh) & husband John for the Wishes Fireworks Cruise.

John was our Captain and is an awesome guy. If any of you do the Wishes Cruise, ask for him. We got some drinks from the bar at the Volcano Pool and off we headed on the cruise.

First he took us over the water bridge and explained that. He swung by the Wilderness Lodge and we got to see the Bear Face, and then he showed us the old River Country.

He took us by the "Sneaker Tree" and explained that.

He explained about the islands in Bay Lake and why they are not used anymore and then headed back for Wishes. We park right in front of the Magic Kingdom. It was a beautiful night!

It's just an amazing point of view to see it from this perspective and if you get a chance, I highly recommend you do it!.
Well with the fireworks done we headed back in to the dock, said our goodbyes to John, and wished him good luck with his wedding (thats another story) . We went up and had a drink at the Tambu Lounge in Ohana's with Nancy & John and then said our goodbye to them. They are and amazing couple and it was a pleasure meeting them and hope to do it again sometime. awesome Hope you liked the cruise!

Back to the AKL we went for a good nights sleep!. It still amazes me that the CM's can remember individual people with as many people that they encounter in a single day. Both John, the boat Captain & Rafael from the Poly's valet remembered us buy name, and we were not even staying at the Poly this trip. Wonder if that means I'm over tipping?......

I'm sure you and scrappy are not ones who are easy to forget Smile

Mase's picture

Agreed! awesome

- 2013 Trip Report!

DisneyDee27's picture

great pics
Dee

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Kristen K.'s picture

awesome

MrHub's picture

Okay, Wednesday was a lazy day. We started out at Animal Kingdom. I got in my Everest fix and we did Dinosaur and It's a Bugs Life. then we did some shopping and just decided to go to the MK instead so off we went.

I one we got into the MK, we stopped and got our Sorcerers cards for the day and I played that some. Scrappy had had enough of that game already.

Had lunch at Columbia Harbour house. Really good. had the Lobster Roll. Which was pretty good and scrappy had a chicken salad.

Check out this picture, I just noticed this. I did not try to line this up this way. It's a little freaky!

Oh and we did stop along somewhere and have a treat!

MrHub's picture

Well we did some rides and then headed back to the resort to catch some pool time!

After swimming and sunning a while we went back to the room to freshen up for our ADR at Jiko. We where a little early so we stopped at the lounge to have a drink.

Jess's picture

That picture from Columbia Harbor House is crazy!!!!