No trips to the world until 2015 =( ....BUT

Login to post comments
12 posts / 0 new
Kris1971's picture
No trips to the world until 2015 =( ....BUT

We just booked another Disney Cruise on the Dream for September!! I'm so excited!! We set sail on September 14th, and we got the exact cabin we had last time 8648! We had such a good time last October

Our next trip to the world will be when I take my niece and nephew, brother & sister in-law, and my parents back in October 2015. We're hoping to do a DVC rental at either the Boardwalk or Beach Club. I'm worried that we might not be able to get either of those places due to F&W Fest, but its worth a try. I'll be putting my request in at exactly the 11 month mark! In the meantime, the cruise on the Dream will give me my Disney fix for a little while!

MrHub's picture

Nice and congrats.

Kristen K.'s picture

WHoo hoo! Every day is another day closer to Disney!

EmFord's picture

Boardwalk and Beach Club are almost impossible to get DVC rentals for during F&W. We tried this year and I put my request in a week before the 11 month mark and even then there were no points available to rent a studio at those resorts. It probably depends on the third party that you go through, also the size of villa that you're looking for. We used DVC Rental Store and they were super nice and accommodating. Ended up booking a standard studio at AKL-KV for the same dates and I couldn't be happier with the choice even if we can't walk to Epcot!

Kris1971's picture

Thanks, Em. I'm hoping maybe we'll get lucky because we're looking for the two bedrooms suite. I would guess the studios are the first to go. I could be totally wrong though. Any "renters" have an opinion? My back up will probably be BLT.

senseicj's picture

I don't know about renting the points but I know when I try to book with my dvc t studios and 1 bedrooms are the first to go. the times I have been lucky enough to get the beach club was when we went with another family and got 2 bedroom so I would say you have a better shot with the 2

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Kris1971's picture

Hey DCL Cruisers...any opinion on whether we should hit Palo or Remy for dinner on our September cruise. We can only do one, so let's here your opinions!

Kristen K.'s picture

Palo is my favorite, I loved everything about it. Remy is *very* fine dining, a high end french culinary experience. I highly suggest it at least once, if you're not a picky eater.

Kris1971's picture

Thanks, Kristen. We did Palo on our last cruise and really enjoyed it. I've been trying to decide whether we should do it again or splurge on Remy. We're not picky (except for no veal or fois gras for me)..other than that I'm usually pretty open to trying new things. There's a big price difference and I'm wondering if Remy's is worth the $75 price tag. Have you done both and are still partial to Palo?

Kris1971's picture

Ok so I missed double digit day due to a work trip, but I'm still very excited! Double Digits WooHoo!
banana banana banana

We also booked dinner at Remy and the personal watercraft excursion on Castaway Cay! Can't wait!

Magic Mirror's picture

stars stars stars stars stars stars
84 DAYS KRIS~!!!

DisneyDee27's picture

Kris1971 wrote:
Hey DCL Cruisers...any opinion on whether we should hit Palo or Remy for dinner on our September cruise. We can only do one, so let's here your opinions!

I recommend the Palo Brunch if you have a sea day.

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.