Practically Predictable in Every Way - 180 day ADR Window Frustration

Login to post comments
9 posts / 0 new
Imagineer's picture
Practically Predictable in Every Way - 180 day ADR Window Frustration

180 day booking begins today, and the online booking system is supposed to be available at 6AM EST. To NO ONE'S surprse, the system isn't working.

How is it that Disney continuously gets things like this wrong? How hard should it be for them to predict the volume of hits on their site accurately, and build their software accordingly?

I'm going to keep trying, and I'll update here. Anyone else having the same problems?

mickey Upcoming Trips mickey

July 2010 - Old Key West

Oct 2010 - Boardwalk Villas

Imagineer's picture

621AM EST. - A message saying "processing your request" was on my screen for over five minutes. Finally a message came back saying "we are unable to process your request at this time, please try again later". I tried again immediately, and a message came up saying "Site is down for maintenance. Please try back later".

I can imagine what the phone lines are going to be like at 7AM EST

July 2010 - Old Key West

Imagineer's picture

Well I gave up on the online system at about 645AM, and en route to work I called the Dining Line at 7AM. I don't know if it was all those saints I've prayed to in my life, but by some minor miracle, I got through with less than a 20 second wait!! laugh yay

I was able to get the four ADRs I wanted for my February trip, and at the times I wanted (with the exception of one for which I had to deviate fifteen minutes).

I got:

'Ohana (dinner)
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Artist Point
Yak & Yeti

Not sure if the online booking system is working now or now. I'm curious to know, though it doesn't much matter to me anymore for today.

July 2010 - Old Key West

Vettelover's picture

Glad to hear you got the ADR's you wanted. That was not a minor miracle, that was more in line of a major miracle!! Somebody should notify the Pope..

Annie's picture

I've been hearing that the online system crashed and nobody's been able to get through by phone, so the fact that you did IS a miracle!

You know, we thought the online system was going to crash when it was first introduced and it worked fine...I guess it was just delaying the inevitable.

Glad to hear you got such great ADRs!

Mike&Donna's picture

Imagineer - have you ever had breakfast with Chef Mickey? It was one of our most memorable meals at WDW and is probably one we will repeat the next time we go back. Make sure to bring lots of film...and try to grab somebody to take your pictures!

Life is what you make it...then there's Disney!!!

admin's picture

Thanks for the updates, Imagineer. I've heard nothing but "tech problems" from others trying to make ADRs today, so I'm so glad you got through!

bali's picture

Hopefully all is straightened out by now. I've heard that lots of folks are getting the ADRs they wanted.

Now I just feel bad for those not in the "disney loop" who still think booking is at 90 days out. Sad

May 2008 CSR mickey

cdub's picture

Yeah getting through in 20 seconds is amazing in the best of times, much less when there's a big rush.