Scrappy & Mrhub's MVMCP trip 2012

Login to post comments
174 posts / 0 new
Mase's picture

scrappy wrote:
We just started on our way home. So hard to believe the week is over already. We had such a great time!

I know. This week went by way to fast.... Oh we'll... About 11 months to get till next trip... Lol

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

MrHub's picture

People Mover!

MrHub's picture

2 Old fat farts trying to get into a kiddy Roller Coaster!

didyoucall911's picture

I'm glad you survived the "Kiddy Rollercoaster" . I was watching the buzzards circling overhead in the background, made me wonder if previous riders didn't make it....

Miss Mikki's picture

Thanks for great trip report. All going well, we hope to be there this time next year!!! yay

no ticker Sad

Mase's picture

We went on it to! Heh.... your only as old as ya feel!

- 2013 Trip Report!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

disneydoc wrote:
yep Hub, Astro Orbiter did not work too well for me either. I just look at that one from the ground now. sad

I am so there with both of you on the Orbiter. One bad ride and now, it's just a landmark and something pretty to look at. yuck

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Magic Mirror's picture

congrats Congrats on the new baby

And we loved coming along with you on your trip ...

Welcome Home

mickey

MrHub's picture

Hello all!. I'm gonna get some more posted on the trip report, but my schedule sucks this week, so I don't have a whole lot of time. This weekend I should get some more up. Going to add pictures and some more video's I never got up.

Jess's picture

Great videos....Love all the great memories we made....and now that we are all home I can tell you that i paid off the people at Splash Mountain to get you wet and not me...just must of not paid them enough cause they weren't supposed to get scrappy wet Smile

MrHub's picture

Ha Ha Ha!
Yee Haa!

PreviewAttachmentSize
everest_nov_2012.jpg
everest_nov_2012.jpg1.35 MB
tot_nov_2012_web.jpg
tot_nov_2012_web.jpg116.6 KB
splash.jpg
splash.jpg1.33 MB
Kristen K.'s picture

LOL!!! Look at you guys with your cameras! That's so awesome!! I would be afraid I would drop it.

Jess's picture

Notice me clinging to dear life on my husband in both pictures...LOL...I don't think I would on Everest again now that I know what to expect but TOT still get's me even though I like it so I have to cling to something

Sammy Bizzle's picture

LOL Love the Splash Mountain Pic MrHub! Big smile

Mase- You look like you could be playing chess in the EE pic, not phased at all! haha these pics made my day!!

So glad you guys had a fun time!

That's Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop To You!

Hahaha - that Splash Mountain pic is one for the books!

Jess, gold medal for doing all of those! Yay you!!!

Jess's picture

JeffC wrote:
Hahaha - that Splash Mountain pic is one for the books!

Jess, gold medal for doing all of those! Yay you!!!

Thanks....I was going to do RNRC to and then I could say I did them all but we didn't get around to it...So I will do it first thing next year and then since we will be kid free for the first part of our trip next year we will be riding the roller coasters over and over and over again Smile

Allie's picture

Jess wrote:
Notice me clinging to dear life on my husband in both pictures...LOL...I don't think I would on Everest again now that I know what to expect but TOT still get's me even though I like it so I have to cling to something

I was just going to say that you are in the same position in all 3 pics, clinging/burying your head into Mase/Ethan! laugh

MrHub's picture

Saturday Nov 24 - Check in day at the Contemporary

Arrived around Noon and checked in. Our room was not ready yet, so we decided to head to the Wave and try lunch.

Scrappy had the Seasonal soup & Sandwich, I had the Bison Burger. Everything was delicious & service was very good! Didn't need an ADR , they were not busy at all.

disneydoc's picture

yummy! Cannot wait to hear about the Contemporary. It has got to be a very different experience from the Poly and SS.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Mase's picture

Sammy Bizzle wrote:
LOL Love the Splash Mountain Pic MrHub! Big smile

Mase- You look like you could be playing chess in the EE pic, not phased at all! haha these pics made my day!!

So glad you guys had a fun time!

I love rollercoasters. Its the one thing I wish Disney would beef up on. But this one... man... love going backwards and in the dark! To me... thats the best part. I think more rollercoasters need to go backwards and in the dark. But back to the chess part... yeah... I prefer the more extreme ones... heh... Cedar Point especially.

Kristen K. wrote:
LOL!!! Look at you guys with your cameras! That's so awesome!! I would be afraid I would drop it.

I actually just the other day showed Hub a strap that connects to your iPhone so im thinking of getting it for next trip. Everest was the HARDEST to hold it. Obviously because I accidentally turned the video off... lol.

- 2013 Trip Report!

Allie's picture

Yum, that Bison Burger looks fantastic!

MrHub's picture

Here a closeup from ToT!

PreviewAttachmentSize
42194660002.jpg
42194660002.jpg421.93 KB
Mase's picture

I have that tshirt!!!!!!!!!!

Wait.... thats me....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heres my video... see if you can figure out when the pic was taken... ha ha ha

- 2013 Trip Report!

MrHub's picture

Continuing..........Day 1

After lunch, room still wasn't ready, so we hopped on the monorail and headed to The Grand Floridian to check out the Christmas Decorations.

Well on the way around the loop, of course the monorail stopped at the Poly, and scrappy didn't want to see the decorations there yet becuase we would be checking in there tomorrow , so we skipped that and got off at the next stop, the Grand Floridian!

The work they do on that Ginger Bread house is simply amazing! I say that as I am munching on the last bit of the shingle that I bought when we were there. It is so delicious! Nothing like the mass produced things you see for sale in stores. I would love to have one more, but alass , I just took my last bite until until we again visit WDW during the Christmas season. If anyone else is down there and you don't get one of those gingerbread shingles, you don't know what your missing! (but you could send one to me!)

Okay, we received a text saying our room was ready so we headed back to our room to settle in and get our first feel o the Contemporary!

MrHub's picture

Well we were on the 8th floor, YES! I wanted high up for the view. Didn't disapoint me. The room had a much warmer feel to it then we expected.

And then of course the view!

Great start to your trip report Mrhub. The gingerbread house looks AMAZING!!!!

Cinema Too's picture

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Contemorary. The wife and I were surprised by how much we enjoyed our stay there.

And that view brings back a lot of memories.

MrHub's picture

Thanks PG!

The view from our room was great!

That photo is zoomed in some.

Here is the actual view, but it was good. I like the high views, scrappy is not keen on the hieghts, but she did very well. Cinema Too, we actually liked the Contemporary very much and both of us said we would stay there again, but only if the Poly is not available or maybe for another split stay. Alot of people think the parking lot disrupts the view, but I don't think it did, and I was one that thought it would. You just have to be on one of the upper floors. For cameras and web cams it's great too!

MrHub's picture

After unpacking and settling in, we headed over to the MK. We had ADR's at "Be Our Guest" for 7:20, so we figured we would stay at the MK for the night and check out the Fantasy Land Expansion.

disneydoc's picture

WOW...the view of the castle from your room......ba da bing! mickey AND, did you get a gingerbread shingle with or without chocolate? When I was there in November I cued up to buy one, and they only had shingles with chocolate - no plain ones. I wanted a plain one...I didn't want chocolate on my gingerbread.

That GF is the most elegant and beautiful place, no?

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker