Scrappy & MrHub's Sept 2010 Trip report!

Login to post comments
76 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture
Scrappy & MrHub's Sept 2010 Trip report!

We're on our way to Disney yay clapping mickey
Well we completed the first leg of our trip. Stopped in Fredericksburg Va. for the night. Got a really nice suite with a great computer work station, awesome big enough for two people to work on their laptops at once. There is even a nice computer desk chair. King size bed, walk in closet, breakfast nook. Wow, I'd be happy with this room in Disney!

Had some heavy traffic from PA to DC, but nothing too bad. Talk to you all soon. I will try and keep this trip report fairly up to date as it happens, but don't hold me to that!. I said "try". laugh

Annie's picture

mrhub wrote:
We're on our way to Disney yay clapping mickey
Well we completed the first leg of our trip. Stopped in Fredericksburg Va. for the night. Got a really nice suite with a great computer work station, awesome big enough for two people to work on their laptops at once. There is even a nice computer desk chair. King size bed, walk in closet, breakfast nook. Wow, I'd be happy with this room in Disney!

Had some heavy traffic from PA to DC, but nothing too bad. Talk to you all soon. I will try and keep this trip report fairly up to date as it happens, but don't hold me to that!. I said "try". laugh

yeah Huzzah!!! Safe travels, guys! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

MrHub's picture

Okay, we're stopped in St Augustine for the night. This Hampton Inn really has some crappy internet service. Hope to be in WDW at the Boardwalk Resort by 11am.

Woo! So fun! Hope you get a good night's sleep and get there safely tomorrow morning! mickey

dsoup's picture

mrhub wrote:
Okay, we're stopped in St Augustine for the night. This Hampton Inn really has some crappy internet service. Hope to be in WDW at the Boardwalk Resort by 11am.

Do they charge you for it too?

cdub's picture

Have a great time guys! No grandkids to babysit this time!

admin's picture

Can't wait to hear more!! Be safe!

MrHub's picture

dsoup wrote:
mrhub wrote:

Do they charge you for it too?

no dsoup, Hamptons never charge for internet, its usually pretty good too!.

admin's picture

Don'tcha hate it when you've got crappy interwebs at the hotel? For us, it's just one of those unexpected hassles that we never leave time for!

So are you at Boardwalk now?

MrHub's picture

Ok, arrival day!

Got to the Boardwalk at around 9:30. Earliest we ever got here. Checked in and our room use not ready. Checked out the Boardwalk a little, got our mugs from the bakery and some danish. Waited around a little while hoping to get a text message telling us our room was ready. That didn't happen.

Went to Downtown Disney and walked through the stores. We got lunch at Earl of Sandwich, and yes , now we're hooked! Had the All American & the Caprice. Wow those sandwiches are good!.

Went back to the Boardwalk to check on the progress of the room. Asked check-in if by chance the text was not sent to me or I just didn't get it yet. Nope, room not ready yet. This was 3pm and they said it would be at least another hour!.

Okay, dinner reservations where at the Crystal Palace for 5:30 , so we headed over to the Magic Kingdom. Got inside the MK, first thing first, hit the rest room, come out of the rest room.........TEXT MESSAGE - rooms ready!. Not a chance in ..................heck I was going back to the resort now. So we walked through some shops, rode the Haunted Mansion, Pirates and then went to the Crystal Palace to check-in for dinner, 45 minutes later, we got in. The breakfast is definitely better then the dinner there. Cross that one off the list.

After dinner we headed back to the resort and got settled into our room. Not the best of views. We can see part the pool, we can see part the Dolphin ( I think thats the one), but our best view is of the back of the water slide and the utility room behind it, oh and a bush.

So thats it for our first day in Disney! But we're here!

More tomarrow! Stay tuned!.

MrHub's picture

Oh yeah, and if anybody can help me with the settings for my wireless router here, I would really appreciate it. I still cant get the darn thing working here and I can see other people have them.

MrHub's picture

Sorry, dont know if you can tell, but I've been drinking a little bit of WINE!

MrHub's picture

Morning all!

Had a very good nights sleep. Getting ready to head to the Poly to have breakfast at the Kona Cafe' then into the Magic Kingdom for a full day. We're going to have dinner at the California Grill tonight, and maybe do a monorail craw home.

Hey Brad, where are you?

bali's picture

You got the coveted "bush-view" room! Lucky you!

Have you stayed at Boardwalk before? How do you like it compared to the other resorts?

So glad to hear you loved EOS. Was that your first time there?

And would like to hear more about why Crystal Palace dinner didn't sit well with you -- food? atmosphere?

Hope you're having an awesome time! I can't help with the router, but surely someone around here can!

May 2008 CSR mickey

MrHub's picture

Hi Bali,
No this is the first time we stayed here. Compared to SSR, the lay out of the 1 br villa is identical. Just decorated differently. Us being from Pa and having visited the AC boardwalk, this is a far cry from that, but we knew that. It is a very nice resort though and the big thing with this one is location. I think that's all it really has going for it, but it's our first day here. Give us till the end of the week and I'll give you my real opinion of the place. See if anything impresses me.

Yes it is the first time we really ate there other then just getting a drink. It was usually always to crowded and to hot to eat outside and we would go somewhere else, but all the talk on the boards made us stick it out and we had an awesome lunch. Will definitely be going back there!

Okay, now for the Crystal Palace review: The food was just so so! Nothing impressive, but it's a buffet right! If you have kids, they have Pooh & friends, but if your paying cash for the meal, it would be better spent somewhere else, and you'd get a better meal for less money. And there are much better places to use your meals if your on the dinning plan then here. I've been hearing the Kona Cafe is great for dinner.

Also it's kid oriented, it a character meal, why do people go there and complain about the kids at the next table being loud or obnoxious. If you want a quiet, romantic dinner, don't go there!.

Bella's picture

Mr. Hub!!!
I love the live action TR!!
How was Kona for breakfast?? I loveeee the Tonga Toast for breakfast at Kona..it's so delicious!

Lol@ the text as soon as you got out of the restroom..isnt that always the way it is??

mickey Bella

MrHub's picture

Okay to start, this was the Boardwalk on Sunday morning,

Pretty empty except for people waiting at the bakery for their coffee!

Oh by the way, this is Scrappy's new "I want this"

Dont know if you can make out the price, but its her car or this & I told her, she's keeping the car.

Bella, Kona Cafe' was great like always for breakfast. I had the Samoan & Scrappy had the Fruit Bowl.

Also had a press pot of Kona Coffee to start the day off. Gota have it!

Then of course it was into the Magic Kingdom for the day. Of course its all decked out for Holloween.

(random people that would not get out of the way!)

We started getting a fast pass for Buzz Light Year and then did Carousel Of Progress. Thats a must do on our list. The first few times I brought Scrappy here, CP was closed, they were refurbishing it, and Scrappy never new why I was always disappointed that it was closed. Thats until the first time she road it & now shes draging me to it when we go in.

After CP we got right on TTA and took our nice leasurly ride. I love just snapping away wit the camera on this ride. Sometime you can get some really good pics.

Will continue..........

MrHub's picture

Oh by the way, don't know if I officially said it or not...

Hi JeffC! Welcome to WDWFG! welcome yeah pillowfight Your gona like it here!.......................... awesome

MrHub's picture

Okay where was I .....oh yeah random pictures.

So after TTA, we go use our Fastpass at Buzz Lightyear. I dont know if you can see this real good but Scrappy's score is on the left, mine is on the right. I beat her HAH!.

We had lunch at the place across from the go carts, Chile Cheese dogs not to bad!. Then we headed down to ToonTown. Here is some of the new construction you see on the way.

Its a bit depressing but hopefully it will all be for the better. We hopped on the train in ToonTown and took it over to Adventure Land and headed straight for Splash Mtn. Just before we go to get in line a women stops Scrappy and gave her two Fastpasses that were good then, so we quick jumed in the Fastpass line and by passed the 30 min wait and went straight to the front of the line, no one ahead of us.

Here is Scrappy before we got on the ride. Not anticipating on getting wet! Ha Ha HA HA HA HA!

Guess what happened?

ROFLMAO! Ha hahahahahaaa!

But then, I was just as wet. Notice the water droplets rolling down my glasses, then check out the fear in the eyes of the people in front of us in our log flume! Now thats funny!

The guy with his hands in the air in the white shirt was yelling "Help Me Jesus!"
and his girl friend next to him said at about that point she thinks she wet herself but she wasn't really sure, but she could have, but she was so wet from the water coming in the flume, she didn't care anymore!.

MrHub's picture

Tuesday Sept 28, 4:22 pm
Well we're in for a little down time waiting to go to dinner at the Turf Club at SSR. Made it in from Epcot just in time too! Man is it raining. Pretty good thunder and lightning too!.

Pictures from this morning while walking to Cape May Cafe'

Had breakfast at Cape May Cafe' which was great. Got seated in a nice 2 person both right next to the buffet. Can't ever beat that. The food was excellent and the service and characters where great too! Didn't even see or hear any kids have a meltdown!

Took the boat from the light house to the entrance to Epcot and then went to the front of the park to do the rides. We did Soarin twice, once with out FP and came right out and got FP for 2 hours later. We did Nemo, cut throught Inoventions (because it is so stinking hot and humid) , then Scrappy had to do some shopping at Mouse Gear, of course she found Mickey shoes she "NEEDED".

We headed over to Test Track which said the standby line was 40 minutes which turned out to be about 20 min. We then headed back to Soarin to use the FP's we had gotten.

When coming out of Nemo, we took notice that it must be melt down time for the children, because it was happening everywhere! One little boy rolling on the ground screaming, one little girl in mommies arms screaming and crying, pretty much everwhere you looked, there was one having a melt down.

Oh well , sucks to be them!

Next we headed in to see Figment! Thats always a must do, even though its not as good as the original one. Then it was off to the World Showcase!

To hot to do much so we did the ride in Mexico and then did the long walk to the back exit and hopped the boat to the Boardwalk to get back here to our room to freshen up for dinner. Thats it so far. Gona head out to the Turf Club now so we'll catch you all later on the next post. (Pictures will be added!).

Vettelover's picture

Hope you like the Turf Club at SSR, I have bragged about the place a few times and it is one of our favorite restaurants in WDW. When staying at SSR we usually go 2 or 3 times.

Bella's picture

I love that Fruit Bowl! I never knew they had that..it looks wonderful!!

I love this live action TR MrHubs..it's wonderful!!

The construction does look a bit depressing..where are all those walls up exactly??

mickey Bella

EEeeeeee, I love your live action report too! I feel like I am right there! I may dump some water on me to get the full Splash Mountain affect silly

Thanks for the welcome! Looks like you folks are having a fantastic time!!!! clapping

Bella's picture

JeffC wrote:
EEeeeeee, I love your live action report too! I feel like I am right there! I may dump some water on me to get the full Splash Mountain affect silly

Thanks for the welcome! Looks like you folks are having a fantastic time!!!! clapping

Lol... yay yay yay I love that idea.

mickey Bella

cdub's picture

Keep having fun. Loving the pictures.

JustCar's picture

This is probably one of the best Trip Reports I have ever read.

Write on : clapping yay clapping yay

Oct 2009 POP
Sept 2011 POP
Oct 2013 Coronado
May 2014 AKL , Magic, AoA Girlie Trip
Oct 2014 CBR Pirate Room Girlie Trip
Nov 2014 DCL Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Girlie Trip, POR Royal Guest Suite, GF Concierge
August 2015 DCL Magic 7 Night Mediterranean
October 2015 DL Grand Californian, DCL Wonder Panama Canal

https://www.facebook.com/MsBubbles
https://www.facebook.com/MVTRavel

MrHub's picture

Okay, more trip report, got to keep up!

Jumping back to Sunday real quick. Forgot to tell you about Scrappy and our episode at the Haunted Mansion when we first arrived. We were going into the HM and we were standing right in front of the door to go into the study, you know, were the grave stones are. Well I'm in back of Scrappy and there is a family in front of us which included Husband and Wife (both early 40's) and 2 daughters which were maybe 14 & 16 years old. Well the wife was in front of Scrappy talking to the daughters, I was in back of Scrappy , looking around (didn't have my camera!) and the husband was standing next to Scrappy looking at the grave stones. Well low and behold when I turned around, he's got his arm around Scrappy's shoulders, He's still looking around, Scrappy's looking the other way and neither one had a care in the world, until I said " Yo buddy, I think you got the wrong one! Well pretty much everyone looked at me to see what I was talking about and then the realization kicked in that he had his arm around the wrong woman, the daughter starting chiming in "Oh great dad , nice going", the wife started chiming in something about "Cant take you anywhere without you trying to pick someone up" and he's spitting out some thing to his wife about " All I saw was dark hair and I thought it was you". Well he couldn't apologize enough. Although his daughter were never going to let him live this one down. We all took it in fun and had a good laugh. Oh and Scrappy was standing there the whole time asking "what happened". She didn't see him with his arm around her, she just felt it and thought it was me.

Now back to Tuesday:
had to catch some pictures of stuff not normally seen:

Well I left off last that we were headed over to the Turf Club for dinner, and what a dinner we had. Vettelover, you couldn't brag enough about this place. That was one of the finest, most enjoyable meals I have had! The food is absolutely delicious.

I had the Roasted Mushrooms stuffed with spinach, cheese & garlic for appt. and the Grilled New York strip with lump crab meat, asparagus & Bearnaise sauce for main course.

The mushrooms were ridiculous

Oh my god, you could cut that steak with a spoon!.

Scrappy had the Turf Club Signature Grilled Roasted Romaine salad, Caesar dressing, balsamic vinegar reduction, slightly grilled hearts of romaine with roasted cherry tomatoes.

Her main course was Turf Club Pasta with chicken, garlic, olive oil and fresh herbs,

Okay now the dessert...................

Oh buy the way, did I say it rained a little while we were eating!.

This was our view at dinner, wondering if MNSSHP was still going to go on.

Oh yeah, dessert...........

I'll leave you wondering!

Okay, enough wondering. This was a Chocolate Espresso Tort with Raspberry sauce and a Port Wine Ice cream. It was out of this world!. I can honestly say this meal ranks up with the best meals I have ever had in Disney. I even talked to the Chief before we left and complimented him on the dinner and desert. Also the waiter service was extremely friendly.

Bella's picture

oh my goodness..mrhub the Haunted Mansion Wife Stealer struck and tried to get Scrappy!
That story is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

I have heard such great things about Turf Club..that steak looks amazing..and so does the pasta!! Yum, yum, yum

I have never seen people on TOP to the ball like that. I would not want that job.it's a lonnnggggg way down.

mickey Bella

MrHub's picture

Bella wrote:
I love that Fruit Bowl! I never knew they had that..it looks wonderful!!

I love this live action TR MrHubs..it's wonderful!!

The construction does look a bit depressing..where are all those walls up exactly??

Bella, I'm not sure how far the construction wall goes behind the Castle, but I know if is from the go carts all the way back to the end of Tune Town. The wall runs just behind Tune Town and the big top tent. We were not in Fantasy Land yet, but I will check.

Also Internet really sucks here tonight, so I cant post anything else. Will try tomorrow

SpaceAce's picture

Your best trip report yet! Looking forward to more from you guys. The food pics alone are incredible, but it's really fun to see the photos of you on the rides. You both look great!

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

Tony's picture

Great trip report so far. awesome

tropical Storm 'Nicole' is headed that way, hope she doesn't spoil things.

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.