Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

Login to post comments
19 posts / 0 new
Melissa W's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/28/2011
Posts: 560
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

This looks like a lot of fun...will you play or think it takes away from your experience?

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articles/sorcerers-magic-kingdom-expected-debut-february

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

Ya know, I saw this when we were just there and was undecided about it, that might be because I was so mad they used the Firehouse for this and got rid of everything in there! mad yuck

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4658

mrhub wrote:
Ya know, I saw this when we were just there and was undecided about it, that might be because I was so mad they used the Firehouse for this and got rid of everything in there! mad yuck

They Did? Bah Humbug. yuck

__________________

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

Vettelover wrote:
mrhub wrote:
Ya know, I saw this when we were just there and was undecided about it, that might be because I was so mad they used the Firehouse for this and got rid of everything in there! mad yuck

They Did? Bah Humbug. yuck

Yes they did! The building is still there, but now that is were you start the sorcerers quest.

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

I did not know that Mr. Hub. That kind of bums me out... sad sad

Chuckers's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/17/2012
Posts: 47

I think this is the PERFECT thing to do on leap day!

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

Offline
Joined: 02/12/2012
Posts: 271

I'm looking forward to trying it out, I especially love how they're going to have different 'levels' to the games too. Though the biggest thing to come from this is going to be the cards, already considered the next major collectable/tradable thing to hit WDW! They are absolutly stunning!

__________________

[url='http://salocainwonderland.blogspot.com']Saloca in Wonderland[/url] <--- blog!

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

I think we'd like to try it at least. I need to learn more about it. It's not something I'd want to do everytime. We haven't done KimPossible in Epcot. I keep promising DD that we'll do it soon...

__________________

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

I'm so on top of this! We're adding an extra park day to our tickets this week so that we can play all Thursday morning! Yay!! I'm really looking forward to it, it's a great way to keep the "regulars" involved and engaged.

Chuckers's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/17/2012
Posts: 47

There's an iPhone app called "Wishing Stars" and it's for Disneyland. It's a game to play while in Disneyland's Magic Kingdom. There's 3 types of games.. a trivia game, a park hunt game, and a find where the picture was taken game.

In the park hunt game, you're given a clue such as 'Which attraction's weather vane is a pirate ship?' and the find the picture game is you're shown a small picture like a giant eye. In both cases, you have to go to where the answer is and check in with the game. The GPS part will tell you if you're right or wrong. (The weather vane is 'Peter Pan' and the giant eye was the whale from Storybook Land Canal Boats.) It was a LOT of fun.. and I heard from some office CM's that Disney was trying to buy the program because they liked it. As a local to DL, at the time, it was a way to make the park more fun for me.

I think Disney wants to get in on the "in the park" game before someone else does. I look forward to trying this out.. I am wondering if there's a way to get other cards either by winning or purchasing them....

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

I may have to check this out on our next trip anyway. I always thought this ways the same this as the Kingdom Keeper Quest, but apparently not.

Melissa W's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/28/2011
Posts: 560

Chuckers wrote:
There's an iPhone app called "Wishing Stars" and it's for Disneyland. It's a game to play while in Disneyland's Magic Kingdom. There's 3 types of games.. a trivia game, a park hunt game, and a find where the picture was taken game.

In the park hunt game, you're given a clue such as 'Which attraction's weather vane is a pirate ship?' and the find the picture game is you're shown a small picture like a giant eye. In both cases, you have to go to where the answer is and check in with the game. The GPS part will tell you if you're right or wrong. (The weather vane is 'Peter Pan' and the giant eye was the whale from Storybook Land Canal Boats.) It was a LOT of fun.. and I heard from some office CM's that Disney was trying to buy the program because they liked it. As a local to DL, at the time, it was a way to make the park more fun for me.

I think Disney wants to get in on the "in the park" game before someone else does. I look forward to trying this out.. I am wondering if there's a way to get other cards either by winning or purchasing them....

Wow, that sounds really interesting! I'd love for one to come out for WDW!

Offline
Joined: 02/25/2012
Posts: 134

Wow! I am a DL regular and have never heard of this game! I just downloaded it on my iphone and can't wait to go to the Park to try it out! Thanks for sharing.

- Dreams

Chuckers's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/17/2012
Posts: 47

Disney Dreams wrote:
Wow! I am a DL regular and have never heard of this game! I just downloaded it on my iphone and can't wait to go to the Park to try it out! Thanks for sharing.

- Dreams

My pleasure.. it's a lot of fun and there are some pretty tricky photos. Let me know how you do with it.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

Woot! Sorcerers of the MK is pretty fun! My daughter played two rounds of it and had a great time. She also really enjoyed trading the cards with little kids who were also playing the game. You can play on your own or as a group, there are many different quests and it was a great way to spend some time. I think Tori Completed her first quest in about 15 minutes.

Chuckers's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/17/2012
Posts: 47

I just got my first set of cards this morning and did the Main Street quest in no time. There are lines at the portal locations, but not long. I Am going to go back tonight and work on the other quests over night.

You can ge 5 new cards every 24 hours. Plus, if you beat the medium level, you can get 5 new cards as well. It is fun and a nice time sink for those who just like being in the park. I don't think I want to be a part of it when summer crowd hit tho.. the portal lines will be massive.. and so far, 2 have been indoors.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

Offline
Joined: 02/28/2012
Posts: 16

From everything ive heard, this whole thing sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to try this on my next trip down.

Melissa W's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/28/2011
Posts: 560

Kristen K. wrote:
Woot! Sorcerers of the MK is pretty fun! My daughter played two rounds of it and had a great time. She also really enjoyed trading the cards with little kids who were also playing the game. You can play on your own or as a group, there are many different quests and it was a great way to spend some time. I think Tori Completed her first quest in about 15 minutes.

Chuckers wrote:
I just got my first set of cards this morning and did the Main Street quest in no time. There are lines at the portal locations, but not long. I Am going to go back tonight and work on the other quests over night.

You can ge 5 new cards every 24 hours. Plus, if you beat the medium level, you can get 5 new cards as well. It is fun and a nice time sink for those who just like being in the park. I don't think I want to be a part of it when summer crowd hit tho.. the portal lines will be massive.. and so far, 2 have been indoors.

Glad you guys liked it! This is definitely something we will look into doing this May.

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

We are going to try and do this in November when we go down. My son is pretty excited Smile

__________________