South Africa Booth review 2010 Epcot Food & Wine Festival

Login to post comments
4 posts / 0 new
dsoup's picture
South Africa Booth review 2010 Epcot Food & Wine Festival

Awesome. That beef sounds fantastic. Do you know if that's something they have on a restaurant menu as well?

MrHub's picture

Let me try my hand at this review stuff. Bare with me please! I didn't think about doing something like this, so I didn't get pictures of the booths we had stopped at before this.

This is what South Africa had.

On the left is Seared Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Puree' & Mango Barbecue Sauce. The beef was extremely tender and the barbecue sauce delicious. It had small chunks of mango in it and even though it was sweet, it had a small kick of spiciness to it but not "hot" spicy. The sweet potato puree' was delicious.

On the left is the "Flavors of Africa" which included a piece of some sort of flat roll, sort of like a sour dough roll, a salad which from what I could tell had a mix of barley, lentil, beans, rice , mango & onions and some other things I could not recognize. It was a cold dish and was very good. The spread on the left was spicy spread possibly with a tomato & garlic base. The green spread on the right had hints of cilantro and lime. Both were very good. I think they are both served at Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village. We had very similar spreads there when we stayed there in June. Sorry, did not check out there wines. Here is a link to the Disney Food Blog with a list of the wines they served.

Bella's picture

Yumm..the bean salad sounds great.

mickey Bella

SpaceAce's picture

I'm excited to try the taste of africa after seeing this review.

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian