Star Wars-themed Land To Open in Disneyland Paris in 2015?

Login to post comments
12 posts / 0 new
Mase's picture
Star Wars-themed Land To Open in Disneyland Paris in 2015?

Double Post I guess...

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/star-wars-themed-land-open-disneyland-paris-2015-0

Click the link above for the article...

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Hmm... page cannot be found. Just me?

MrHub's picture

No link is not working.

Mase's picture

This was a bad post. Tried to link to the one that worked.

- 2013 Trip Report!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Mase's picture

Someone deleted the correct one!!! LOL

One second... gonna have to find it...

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/4/28/star-wars-themed-land-to-open-in-disneyland-paris-in-2015.html

Quote:
When Disney announced that James Cameron had agreed to help develop "Avatarland", fans were divided. While the diehard Avatar fans were thrilled that Disney's Imagineers were going to bring the world of Pandora to life, there were others who were less than pleased. Some even questioned why join up with Cameron when they already had a franchise cash-cow to deal with: Star Wars. In 2010, Disney relaunched their Star Wars-themed attraction, "Star Tours" into "Star Tours: The Adventure Continues" featuring Anthony Daniels reprising his role as C-3PO in the middle of an all-new 3D adventure. Fans were overjoyed. But what if Disney put their resources into building a full-length Star Wars-themed environment for one of their parks? It could be sooner than you think, but not where you might expect...

That's right! Disneyland Paris! Apparently, some Imagineers have revealed plans for a "more expansive Star Wars experience including a Jedi Academy and possibly an eatery that looks like Mos Eisley Cantina". This would also replace another Lucasfilm attraction at Disneyland Paris, the George Lucas-produced Francis Ford Coppola film "Captain EO", starring Michael Jackson. Apparently, Disneyland Paris is now the only place in the world with the original 1987 "Star Tours" attraction. This upgrade would retire the old attraction with the new version and set up the expanded experience.

It's the rest of the world that gets all the cool Disney rides and attractions! Supposedly, a TRON: Legacy-themed roller coaster and a Marvel-themed land are going to be put into Shanghai Disneyland as well! Would you make the trip halfway around the world just to get closer to that galaxy far, far away?

- 2013 Trip Report!

DisneyDee27's picture

Yes, I would travel across the globe for new fun rides. Heck I've done most of the other parks already and I'd happily go back.
Dee mickey

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Melissa W's picture

I'm just surprised this hasn't been done here in the US yet. I think it would be huge.

Nancy D's picture

Aw, man. I have to book a flight to Paris to eat in Mos Eisley Cantina? Well, if I MUST....

But, yeah, I'm with you Melissa, that sort of thing would rock some Americans' socks!

Jessi5989's picture

The other day while working at Star Tours, I loaded a guy onto my cabin that works at the Star Tours in Paris! It was so cool to meet someone who does my exact same job there! He said that they have the new version too and he was looking at our control panel and everything and talking about how theirs is exactly the same and we were saying that I should just make him launch the flight and I'll ride! laugh

WyckedPhoenix's picture

Man!! I wish they were doing that here, I would LOVE that! I never even considered a trip to DLP to be possible but I would really have to think about that if the Star Wars land/area seemed worth it. (<~~~~ UBER Star Wars geek here BTW..)

*Jennifer Lynn* NDW #38

Check out my blog at Jennifer's Disney Adventures

Mase's picture

Jessi5989 wrote:
The other day while working at Star Tours, I loaded a guy onto my cabin that works at the Star Tours in Paris! It was so cool to meet someone who does my exact same job there! He said that they have the new version too and he was looking at our control panel and everything and talking about how theirs is exactly the same and we were saying that I should just make him launch the flight and I'll ride! laugh

That would had been awesome! But I bet it was awesome to meet someone who works on the EXACT same ride and is in a different place. lol

WyckedPhoenix wrote:
Man!! I wish they were doing that here, I would LOVE that! I never even considered a trip to DLP to be possible but I would really have to think about that if the Star Wars land/area seemed worth it. (<~~~~ UBER Star Wars geek here BTW..)

Id love to see them do something like the Harry Potter but with Star Wars here. Have them add an area to Hollywood Studios. That would rock so much! Then finally id get Star Wars Weekends maybe! lol

- 2013 Trip Report!

dontthrowsand's picture

DLP is my favorite so I will definitely go back! Then make a side trip to the asterix theme park