Sub---Vet---Lover= A VET reunion= A great time!!!

Login to post comments
14 posts / 0 new
Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4657
Sub---Vet---Lover= A VET reunion= A great time!!!

Hey everyone had a great day at the World today. Wife and I met up with Joe (Subvet) and his companion. And what started out as just saying hi to each other turned out to be a full day of having a great time with the four of us, and with plans to meet up tomorrow for another day of travelling to the corners of WDW together. Went to DTD and Boardwalk, Beaches and Creamand much much more including Whispering Canyon for dinner.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

How fun and totally fantastic! Can't wait to hear more. Tell Joe we said hello, and have a great time mickey

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9494

Great VL! Glad you all met up and are heving a grea time. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Wow - that's great! I'm so glad that it worked out and you hit it off!

__________________

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4657

Well I must say that subvet and I hit it off very well and we spent another day day roaming the byways and bus routes of WDW. Went to the Poly the GF, AKL , had lunch at AKL's Mara and just for the record we introduced Joe to ZEBRA DOMES
awesome and I think I got him hooked on that heavenly treat. That's the second great friendship the wife and I have made from meeting people from this board in person. This board is THE BEST.

__________________

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

I hate to hog your thread, but I think this is just great. It warms my heart. Hope you both have a great rest of your stay.

__________________

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9494

Glad to hear you all had some great time together! biggrin

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

Vettelover wrote:
Went to DTD and Boardwalk, Beaches and Creamand much much more including Whispering Canyon for dinner.

Oh, who cares about the rest. What is most important here is, did you guys have The Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream?!

Smile

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

subvetss's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/30/2009
Posts: 569

We did not go for the 'Kitchen Sink' but did go for a super sized banana split and hot fudge sunday.
We 4 had a great time together and think we formed a long lasting friendship. Sure hit it off well. Fun. fun. fun was the way of 2 days together. Tomorrow I am expecting my 2nd great grandaughter and I have to be present for that. Tomorrow night is a kick off party for the Navy SEAL annual Muster here in FT. Pierce this weekend. Partying with a bunch of my old SEAL buddies can be quite taxing.
I will post more when I recover.
Later,
Joe

PreviewAttachmentSize
100_0736.jpg
100_0736.jpg1.97 MB
__________________

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6754

Glad you had a great time.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Subvets do I spy a 1st visit pin on your friend? That must have been great fun to take a first timer..and if it's not a first visit pin..well..I love the picture anyway!

I agree I love making lasting Disney friendships..I have a friend from another board that I talk to almost everyday & my girl Lizzy B must get sick of me for as often as I email her! biggrin

__________________

mickey Bella


Offline
Joined: 02/10/2011
Posts: 597

That is so cool that ya'll met up! We have been there every weekend for like 6 weeks straight now, the dh loves the eat to the Beat concerts. Every time we go, I look around and wonder if it's any of you that I don't recognize. Yesterday he actually told me that Jess and Mase were there this week, apparently he's been on here snooping around!

Anyway, we LOVED Big Bad Voodoo Daddy last night. Neither of us were familiar with them but went out of curiosity and habit. They were super awesome, what a surprise discovery! We came home and had the teens download and burn us their cd.

__________________

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Bella wrote:
Subvets do I spy a 1st visit pin on your friend? That must have been great fun to take a first timer..and if it's not a first visit pin..well..I love the picture anyway!

I agree I love making lasting Disney friendships..I have a friend from another board that I talk to almost everyday & my girl Lizzy B must get sick of me for as often as I email her! biggrin

Never Bella! I LOVE when you pop up in my inbox!

Julie wrote:
That is so cool that ya'll met up! We have been there every weekend for like 6 weeks straight now, the dh loves the eat to the Beat concerts. Every time we go, I look around and wonder if it's any of you that I don't recognize. Yesterday he actually told me that Jess and Mase were there this week, apparently he's been on here snooping around!

Anyway, we LOVED Big Bad Voodoo Daddy last night. Neither of us were familiar with them but went out of curiosity and habit. They were super awesome, what a surprise discovery! We came home and had the teens download and burn us their cd.

Julie - that's so great! We heard them as we passed by on Friday - whew! Could not BELIEVE those crazy crowds!!

__________________

Offline
Joined: 02/10/2011
Posts: 597

I know Lizzy, EPCOT is crazy with the F&W, the last weekend. My all time favorite is the cranberry bog. For some reason I just LOVE it! I want to get right in there with my waders on!
We did rope drop at AK and had the park done by noon. I think everyone was at EPCOT.

__________________

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust