What do you drink in WDW?

Login to post comments
46 posts / 0 new
SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532
What do you drink in WDW?

So, I'm a diet coke addict and trying to quit (I know my body would be better off with water, and I might even lose some weight). Wondering what you guys drink in the parks -- soda? lots of water? juice? tea? coffee?

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4658

Coffee till 10:30 or so in the AM and then likewise Diet Coke the rest of the day, with an occasional water thrown in for good measure.

__________________

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

I'm a coke addict, too, SpaceAce! I'm afraid there's not too much I can do about it but try to counteract with a lot of water as well. We don't usually go when it's SUPER hot, but if I were there during the summer months, I'd take advantage of the free ice water at the counter service spots.

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 1905

We drink lots of coffee in the AM. Then we switch to bottled water. I do not like Disneys tap water. It tastes funny to me. I can even taste is in the ice cubes. We both prefer iced tea, but again we can taste the water in it, probably more so the ice. We are diet Pepsi fans so we have to stock up before we arrive in the resort. We also buy several gallons of bottled water for making coffee in our resort. Nice to know that we have a nice cold Diet Pepsi waiting for us at the end of the day. Then of course with dinner I like almost any flavored martini while Mr S drinks Manhattens.

LifeIsForLiving's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2009
Posts: 1596

We drink mostly water (bottled water in the CamelBak) while in the parks. Like to have juice or maybe a soft drink with dinner. Don't drink adult beverages.

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

I usually try not to drink too much coke, but when I go to WDW I go to town on coke.

ChipnDaleFan's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/02/2010
Posts: 882

Juice or milk in the AM then large quantities of water the rest of the day! Must stay hyrdated as I can only get there in the hot, summer months.

__________________

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

Never enjoyed diet drinks. I'm all about the regular coke. I have it with breakfast a lot of the time too. Milk/Coke with breakfast, coke with everything else.

PS. What does everyone call Soda Pop/Coke etc where they live? Down here we call it coke, even if it isn't coke. A Pepsi, for example is a coke.

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

It's all coke here. I prefer other soft drinks in the parks though as I find them more refreshing. Mountain Dew is a favourite when I can get it, otherwise 7-Up or something similar.
Can't beat a cold beer as the sun goes down though.

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2733

Tony wrote:
It's all coke here. I prefer other soft drinks in the parks though as I find them more refreshing. Mountain Dew is a favourite when I can get it, otherwise 7-Up or something similar.
Can't beat a cold beer as the sun goes down though.

Where's your favorite place to get a beer in WDW, Tony? I've never thought about that!

Also, are there other drinks or branded items that you get while in WDW that you can't get in the UK?

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

admin wrote:

Where's your favorite place to get a beer in WDW, Tony? I've never thought about that!

Also, are there other drinks or branded items that you get while in WDW that you can't get in the UK?


I can only remember having a beer at Epcot or in one of the DTD restaurants with dinner. In Epcot it has to be the German Pavillion, I'm not a fan of English real ale and the English lager (Red Stripe iirc) served in the Rose and Crown is not good.

Mountain Dew is the only soft drink I can think of that isn't commonly available in the UK but I have heard recently of a couple of places selling it.

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

LifeIsForLiving's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2009
Posts: 1596

Brad wrote:
Never enjoyed diet drinks. I'm all about the regular coke. I have it with breakfast a lot of the time too. Milk/Coke with breakfast, coke with everything else.

PS. What does everyone call Soda Pop/Coke etc where they live? Down here we call it coke, even if it isn't coke. A Pepsi, for example is a coke.

Growing up in So. Cal. any soda was a 'coke'. Has faded for me as I've moved away. I wonder what impact that has on the Coca Cola brand, on a broad scale. I guarantee they have looked into it.

SoloFriendly's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/18/2008
Posts: 556

Water, the occasional iced tea with a meal, and whatever alcoholic beverages I can get my hands on at night. laugh

__________________

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

SoloFriendly wrote:
Water, the occasional iced tea with a meal, and whatever alcoholic beverages I can get my hands on at night. laugh

Any recommendations on the "nocturnal" drinks? wink

ChipnDaleFan's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/02/2010
Posts: 882

cdub wrote:
SoloFriendly wrote:
Water, the occasional iced tea with a meal, and whatever alcoholic beverages I can get my hands on at night. laugh

Any recommendations on the "nocturnal" drinks? wink



Lapu Lapu@ Poly or Grey Goose Citron Lemonade Slush @ the drink stand in France!

__________________

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

I hear about those Grey Goose Lemonade slushes and the Grand Marnier slushes all the time and have never had one! I must remedy this!

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

SoloFriendly's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/18/2008
Posts: 556

cdub wrote:
SoloFriendly wrote:
Water, the occasional iced tea with a meal, and whatever alcoholic beverages I can get my hands on at night. laugh

Any recommendations on the "nocturnal" drinks? wink

I had a great drink at the Rix Lounge at Coronado Springs during my last trip--a Chocolate Mintini. It was delish! Went down very smoothly, very quickly...then kicked my butt about 20 minutes later.

__________________

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

Solofriendly -- That's a great recommendation. I haven't been to Rix Lounge since they changed it over there. Worth the trip?

Brad -- We call it pop! Pop pop pop!!

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

PsychoAlice's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/19/2010
Posts: 271

at MK, AK and MGM (Im a purist I cant call it DHS to save my life!) I drink water water water...if Im in EPCOT its liquor liquor liquor! Who says ya gotta wait til the sun goes down? I start as soon as WS opens! Im on vaca! But I LOVE the Mai Tai at Ohana...it would be my fav!

__________________

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

PsychoAlice wrote:
at MK, AK and MGM (Im a purist I cant call it DHS to save my life!) I drink water water water...if Im in EPCOT its liquor liquor liquor! Who says ya gotta wait til the sun goes down? I start as soon as WS opens! Im on vaca! But I LOVE the Mai Tai at Ohana...it would be my fav!

Have you ever tried the Lapu Lapu?

PsychoAlice's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/19/2010
Posts: 271

Its on my to-do list!

__________________

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

bali wrote:
I hear about those Grey Goose Lemonade slushes and the Grand Marnier slushes all the time and have never had one! I must remedy this!

GAH! Go get one!!

The Grand Marnier taste a little strong to me but I love the orange flavor. The Grey Goose..ahh it's amazing! It doesn't taste like liquor at all!

But..I usually drink water if it's summer and Diet Coke with my meals and stuff.

__________________

mickey Bella


bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

Bella wrote:
bali wrote:
I hear about those Grey Goose Lemonade slushes and the Grand Marnier slushes all the time and have never had one! I must remedy this!

GAH! Go get one!!

The Grand Marnier taste a little strong to me but I love the orange flavor. The Grey Goose..ahh it's amazing! It doesn't taste like liquor at all!

I know! I'm really excited to try one. I can't believe I've been going to WDW for so long and haven't had the experience. I'm always looking for new delicious drinks. biggrin

PsychoAlice -- You haven't had the Lapu Lapu, yet? You're going to love it!

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

CarJust's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/01/2010
Posts: 173

Coffee-am
H2o-afternoon
Beer/booze-late afternoon and the evenings.
awesome

I've just found out about the monorail crawl....I cant friggin wait.

oh ya, a coke or soda or whatever you guys call it is a can of pop here.
I'm doing pretty good at giving the stuff up. I only drink it if I am mixing it with booze or if we're doing a pizza night.

__________________

milliehubbard's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/25/2009
Posts: 489

CarJust wrote:
Coffee-am
H2o-afternoon
Beer/booze-late afternoon and the evenings.
awesome

I've just found out about the monorail crawl....I cant friggin wait.

oh ya, a coke or soda or whatever you guys call it is a can of pop here.
I'm doing pretty good at giving the stuff up. I only drink it if I am mixing it with booze or if we're doing a pizza night.



Monorail crawl??? Tell me more!!

__________________

Resorts

2017 AKL-Jambo House (May)
2017 Old Key West (Apr)
2016 Port Orleans Riverside (Oct)-Hurricane Matthew!!
2016 Old Key West (Aug)
2016 CBR (Jul)
2016 Art of Animation (May)
2015 Ft. Wilderness Campground (Oct)
2014 Sherwood Forest RV Park (Nov)
2013 Pop Century (Jul)
2012 Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress (Jul)
2011 Radisson Lake Buena Vista (Aug)
2010 Pop Century (Nov)
2009 PO Riverside (Jul)
2008 Pop Century (Apr)
2006-2007 FL residents: Hunters Creek 8 miles from the parks!!
2005 All Star Sports (Jul)
2005 PO Riverside/CBR/CSR (Apr)
mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

CarJust wrote:
Coffee-am
H2o-afternoon
Beer/booze-late afternoon and the evenings.
awesome

I've just found out about the monorail crawl....I cant friggin wait.

oh ya, a coke or soda or whatever you guys call it is a can of pop here.
I'm doing pretty good at giving the stuff up. I only drink it if I am mixing it with booze or if we're doing a pizza night.

I feel dyslexic!

__________________

mickey Bella


dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

Another nice thing about the Monorail Crawl is that you can stop wherever you find a nice vibe. If you find a crowd and bar that suits your mood you can just chill there for a while.

JustCar's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/24/2010
Posts: 1042

The monorail crawl thread is
http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/index.php?tid=2091

I am addicted to the frozen lemonades LOL

__________________

Oct 2009 POP
Sept 2011 POP
Oct 2013 Coronado
May 2014 AKL , Magic, AoA Girlie Trip
Oct 2014 CBR Pirate Room Girlie Trip
Nov 2014 DCL Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Girlie Trip, POR Royal Guest Suite, GF Concierge
August 2015 DCL Magic 7 Night Mediterranean
October 2015 DL Grand Californian, DCL Wonder Panama Canal

https://www.facebook.com/MsBubbles
https://www.facebook.com/MVTRavel

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9501

Brad wrote:
Never enjoyed diet drinks. I'm all about the regular coke. I have it with breakfast a lot of the time too. Milk/Coke with breakfast, coke with everything else.

PS. What does everyone call Soda Pop/Coke etc where they live? Down here we call it coke, even if it isn't coke. A Pepsi, for example is a coke.



We prefer diet Pepsi. Been drinking it since our son became diabetic in 1985-86. We always go out and get some at the store to keep in our room for when we get back from the parks.

Oh , before I forget, we heard a women from Texas having a melt down the other day in the MK because she had not had a Mountain Dew in two days. I thought she was going to kill someone if she didn't get one. I was afraid to tell her, she wasn't going to find one in WDW because it was a Pepsi product and WDW only sells Coke products.

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

mrhub wrote:


Oh , before I forget, we heard a women from Texas having a melt down the other day in the MK because she had not had a Mountain Dew in two days. I thought she was going to kill someone if she didn't get one. I was afraid to tell her, she wasn't going to find one in WDW because it was a Pepsi product and WDW only sells Coke products.

Does Coke even have a version of Mountain Dew?

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9501

Brad wrote:
mrhub wrote:

Oh , before I forget, we heard a women from Texas having a melt down the other day in the MK because she had not had a Mountain Dew in two days. I thought she was going to kill someone if she didn't get one. I was afraid to tell her, she wasn't going to find one in WDW because it was a Pepsi product and WDW only sells Coke products.

Does Coke even have a version of Mountain Dew?



I don't think so.