What rides do you NEVER go on without a fastpass?

Login to post comments
30 posts / 0 new
bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444
What rides do you NEVER go on without a fastpass?

I was agreeing in the least fave queue line thread that I hated the Soarin' queue, and I realized that even though it's one of my favorite rides, I never go on it unless I have a fastpass (which means I rarely go on it since the fps run out so quickly).

Are there rides that you DO NOT attempt to go on unless you have a fastpass?

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

I don't think we have ever went on toy story mania without a fast pass

__________________

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

bali wrote:
I was agreeing in the least fave queue line thread that I hated the Soarin' queue, and I realized that even though it's one of my favorite rides, I never go on it unless I have a fastpass (which means I rarely go on it since the fps run out so quickly).

Are there rides that you DO NOT attempt to go on unless you have a fastpass?

That's the big one for me, too! I've actually only ridden it once because of the the line and fast pass situation.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

We're the rope drop freaks, so we always get to the parks at opening, and for Epcot make a bee-line to Soarin' and get a ride & FP. Same strategy for HS and TSM.

Otherwise, we may never get to ride either!

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

JeffC wrote:
We're the rope drop freaks, so we always get to the parks at opening, and for Epcot make a bee-line to Soarin' and get a ride & FP. Same strategy for HS and TSM.

Otherwise, we may never get to ride either!

Your rope drop wisdom has rubbed off on me, Jeff. I'm sooooo a rope drop girl now, thanks to y'all. When I tried it an MK in Feb, I just couldn't believe how much better it was than mosying in around 11.

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Jess wrote:
I don't think we have ever went on toy story mania without a fast pass

Yeah we have. Last year we went on it because all of the Fast Passes were gone for the day, and we waited around 45 minutes.

That is the one ride I will only do from now on with only a fast pass. Soarin... we have only been on it once, and we got on without a Fast Pass easily.

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

WyckedPhoenix's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/17/2011
Posts: 459

It's strange that I am going to have to get into a whole different mind set cause, in December when we go to Disneyland we NEVER use FP... we never need to.. Actually planning it and using them is going to be different for us, LoL!

__________________

*Jennifer Lynn* NDW #38

Check out my blog at Jennifer's Disney Adventures


Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

WyckedPhoenix wrote:
It's strange that I am going to have to get into a whole different mind set cause, in December when we go to Disneyland we NEVER use FP... we never need to.. Actually planning it and using them is going to be different for us, LoL!

They don't have a FP for TSM at California Adventure as I recall, do they?

KarenM's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/29/2011
Posts: 21

Here's my rope drop story from just last week: I was in Hollywood Studios on the Friday of the last Star Wars Weekend. I got to the park an hour before posted opening time and it wasn't Extra Magic Hours or anything. They actually opened the park an hour early! We got fast passes for Toy Story Mania and also rode it. There was no wait. I think we were like the 12th in line or something. They let us in through the fast pass return queue since there was no one in line. After we rode we went over to Rockin Roller Coaster and rode it twice and Tower of Terror all without fast passes and before the posted park opening time. By the time it started to get even remotely crowded, we were done with all the "E Ticket" rides with long waits and could just enjoy the short waits on the less popular attractions. I highly recommend rope drop arrival, especially with the heat this time of year.

Offline
Joined: 06/20/2011
Posts: 3

For sure Toy Story Mania, we sprinted to it as soon as DHS opened one day with the hopes of getting one. The day before they were gone by 11:30am!!!! Crazy, but worth the sprint!

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

We have done the Soarin' ride once without a FP..and I actually forgot how awful it was until you guys started talking about it..then the memories came running back!
So I agree..Soarin and Toy Story are a given but I'll also add Splash Mountain to that list.

__________________

mickey Bella


Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4654

I think that Toy Story and Soarin are just about the only two I regularly use a fastpass for , However I have used a FP for EE and for ToT on occasion.

__________________

WyckedPhoenix's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/17/2011
Posts: 459

Brad wrote:
WyckedPhoenix wrote:
It's strange that I am going to have to get into a whole different mind set cause, in December when we go to Disneyland we NEVER use FP... we never need to.. Actually planning it and using them is going to be different for us, LoL!

They don't have a FP for TSM at California Adventure as I recall, do they?

No actually, it doesn't.

__________________

*Jennifer Lynn* NDW #38

Check out my blog at Jennifer's Disney Adventures


Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

KarenM wrote:
Here's my rope drop story from just last week: I was in Hollywood Studios on the Friday of the last Star Wars Weekend. I got to the park an hour before posted opening time and it wasn't Extra Magic Hours or anything. They actually opened the park an hour early! We got fast passes for Toy Story Mania and also rode it. There was no wait. I think we were like the 12th in line or something. They let us in through the fast pass return queue since there was no one in line. After we rode we went over to Rockin Roller Coaster and rode it twice and Tower of Terror all without fast passes and before the posted park opening time. By the time it started to get even remotely crowded, we were done with all the "E Ticket" rides with long waits and could just enjoy the short waits on the less popular attractions. I highly recommend rope drop arrival, especially with the heat this time of year.

What an awesome story!

cheshirelove wrote:
For sure Toy Story Mania, we sprinted to it as soon as DHS opened one day with the hopes of getting one. The day before they were gone by 11:30am!!!! Crazy, but worth the sprint!

Welcome to the boards! We're glad you're here!

__________________

J.P.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 12/08/2010
Posts: 438

I agree with the Soarin' and Toy Story fast passes.
I will also add Peter Pan. I know I've said it a dozen times, but I can't do that ride without a fast pass.

I'll have to try rope drop, you all make getting up super early sound fun!

Catherine's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/25/2011
Posts: 426

Toy Story Mania and usually the Safari

Offline
Joined: 07/02/2011
Posts: 988

MK - Big Thunder Mountain
EPCOT - Soarin
HS - Toy Story Mania
AK - Kilimonjaro Safari

Offline
Joined: 02/10/2011
Posts: 597

That is the coolest rope drop story, LOVE IT! I have to tell my husband, we had NEVER done rope drop until I read about it last year on here. Now my husband is hooked and wants to do it all the time. We are local, but it's a little over an hr drive, so we have to leave early to get there that early. We tried it last week, but my daughter dawdled a little too long and we pulled into the HS parking lot at 9:04. We raced to Toy Story, and could not believe the line for fast passes, and the regular line was 120 mins, and it was not even 9:30! By that time, the fast passes were for 3:30, and we weren't staying at HS that long, so we didn't ride it....again! I've only been on it once a while ago and it was a short 50 min line. Disney suffers from their success in some cases. Soarin is not a new ride and the lines are never really manageable. We can catch RnR a lot of times and either walk on or find a very short line.
Absolutely agree, no fast pass, no ride for Soarin and Toy story.

__________________

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Poppet wrote:
MK - Big Thunder Mountain
EPCOT - Soarin
HS - Toy Story Mania
AK - Kilimonjaro Safari

I've actually just done the line for BTMRR many times. It's usually not that long. When do you usually come to WDW, Poppet? I can't remember. But Soarin - I've only managed to ride once because of the silly lines. It was even bad during EMH!!

__________________

Offline
Joined: 07/02/2011
Posts: 988

This year we went in May but we usually go in either March or April. Those are really busy with Spring Breakers but that was the only time we could go. Lines for BTMRR have been really long each time we've gone and with small kids in tow, you want to get in the shortest line possible. Anything to prevent the "Meltdown"......

Noturna's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/14/2011
Posts: 95

We tried Space Mountain without having fastpasses, 'cause the sign said it was "only" a 30-minute wait...Turns out there was a problem with the sign! The actual amount of waiting would be 60 freaking minutes or something...But since we were already inside, we decided to wait...and we waited...and waited...Untill the ride broke down! Besides that, I started getting a migraine (the ambiance didn't help much). I was sick for the rest of the day, we DIDN'T get to ride it AND we waited for more than an hour!

After that experience, We decided NEVER, EVER, to ride it unless we fastpass it...

I can't imagine going for TSMM without a fastpass either, it's always extremely crowded...

Now, here's something funny: I must have ridden ToT 4 times, and NEVER have I waited for more than 20 minutes. NEVER. Which is bittersweet, 'cause I love hanging around that queue area.

Now with AK...I think I've never been to Everest without a fastpass, but people say the queue is also really cool, which makes me wanna try it, but for some reason we never do...

__________________

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Noturna, the bad part is sometimes that Fast Pass line for Space can be just as long as the regular line. Ugh. We never do it without a FP though.

Julie--I hope you make it to rope drop sometime soon! We have done it before and it is SO fun!

__________________

mickey Bella


dewingedpixie's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/21/2011
Posts: 522

Soarin, Test Track, and Kilamanjaro Falls. Worst Lines!

Pi}{ie

__________________

Pi}{ie

Member of the ANRF Running Team. As a warrior of arthritis I encourage you to help us end this disease: http://www.active.com/donate/Racing4ACure/Run4Arthritis

Offline
Joined: 02/10/2011
Posts: 597

oh yeah....forgot all about test track, definitely one of the worst lines!

__________________

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

Noturna's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/14/2011
Posts: 95

Bella wrote:
Noturna, the bad part is sometimes that Fast Pass line for Space can be just as long as the regular line. Ugh. We never do it without a FP though.

Oh, yeah? I never realised that...but hei, I've only been to the goddamn thing twice...

I believe the same happens to Toy Story Midway Mania, right?

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Noturna wrote:
Bella wrote:
Noturna, the bad part is sometimes that Fast Pass line for Space can be just as long as the regular line. Ugh. We never do it without a FP though.

Oh, yeah? I never realised that...but hei, I've only been to the goddamn thing twice...

I believe the same happens to Toy Story Midway Mania, right?

I know one year we did a FP for Toy Story Mania... and still waited 20 minutes. It was still better than over an hour... but the whole point of the FP is to get on pretty quick.

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9431

You know its gona be a long wait when the fastpass line is as long as the regular line. Saw that on our last trip at test track & mission space.

dewingedpixie's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/21/2011
Posts: 522

The thing I hate about test track's line is all the clanging noise. Drives me insane! So if its a long wait that makes it even worse.

Pi}{ie

__________________

Pi}{ie

Member of the ANRF Running Team. As a warrior of arthritis I encourage you to help us end this disease: http://www.active.com/donate/Racing4ACure/Run4Arthritis

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

dewingedpixie wrote:
The thing I hate about test track's line is all the clanging noise. Drives me insane! So if its a long wait that makes it even worse.

Pi}{ie


I have a CD from Disney a few years ago that has a lot of ride theme songs o. It and Test tRacks cling clangs on on there and it drives me insane.

__________________

mickey Bella


dewingedpixie's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/21/2011
Posts: 522

Bella wrote:
dewingedpixie wrote:
The thing I hate about test track's line is all the clanging noise. Drives me insane! So if its a long wait that makes it even worse.

Pi}{ie


I have a CD from Disney a few years ago that has a lot of ride theme songs o. It and Test tRacks cling clangs on on there and it drives me insane.

Good to know I'm not the only one who hates that noise.

Pi}{ie

__________________

Pi}{ie

Member of the ANRF Running Team. As a warrior of arthritis I encourage you to help us end this disease: http://www.active.com/donate/Racing4ACure/Run4Arthritis